Mark Kelley’s weigh in on Top Draft Prospects

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I'm waiting for us to find out that Jersey is one of the few teams that has Kakko ahead of Hughes, and that the Rags have Podkolzin ahead of Hughes.

1. Kakko
2. Podkolzin
3. Hughes

The hockey world would implode.

We have a much better chance of Kakko slipping and even that is a longshot (which sucks because I much prefer him on this team).

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Jersey is literally promoting Hughes on all their social media accounts. It’s not even a debate for me anymore in terms of speculation. It’s so obvious how the first 2 picks go this year. 3 is so wide open though. You guys literally control how the draft plays out from 3-10. If y’all are drunk on power, you’re in the perfect spot.
yep, Hughes skates with Hall in the offseason, and his old man is real tight with Shero - it is a slam dunk he goes there..

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Chicago pizza is like a bowl of sauce, bread, and cheese. It more so resembles a stew of **** than pizza.

And Montreal bagles are what you get when you get a drunk person attempting to bake a bagel.
you just don't know Chicago pizza - New York pizza is literally Domino's lol - no creativity just make it a big triangle and think it is f***ing good!!

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
We have a much better chance of Kakko slipping and even that is a longshot (which sucks because I much prefer him on this team).
I honestly think there is a better chance that someone in a month or so becomes the clear consensus pick at 3 than either Kakko/Hughes falling. The way both teams have been talking about them has made them locks since the lottery.

Brother Espo

Apr 22, 2019
Going off of this Chicago Tribune article, comments that have been made by both Stan Bowman and Mark Kelley in past, and based on the type of young players that the Hawks have drafted in recent years, we know that there is a priority placed on the strength of “the head, heart, and the feet” of targeted Hawks’ prospects, to quote Scotty Bowman.

Mark Kelley: “The hockey IQ, the skating, the skill set... We want to draft players who play the style we like to play. That is fast and with the puck.”

I do not believe that either Dach or Podkolzin will be in the running for the Hawks’ pick as I had earlier argued, nor do I see Dylan Cozens being chosen based on critics’ questioning of his IQ and puck control, despite the obvious talents of all three of these players.

As it currently stands, I feel it will be down to Turcotte, Zegras, Byram and Krebs for the Hawks’ #3 pick.

Last edited:

southernbeardown54

Apr 23, 2012
Actual Chicago pizza is thin crust (tavern style). Deep Dish isn’t what most natives eat on a regular basis.
This isn’t true at all. And I grew up there. Makes my mouth water right now thinking of the deep dish Chicago style pizza.

Thin crust is nothing special it’s kind of silly to even have this debate honestly.

But hey. They eat bugs in Asia so...to each their own.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
This isn’t true at all. And I grew up there. Makes my mouth water right now thinking of the deep dish Chicago style pizza.

Thin crust is nothing special it’s kind of silly to even have this debate honestly.

someone say bugs???

tumblr_pi6v97EsBt1xkok61o2_400.jpg

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago

This post is all kinds of factually incorrect. I don’t even know where to begin.

Reactions: Crow and ChiHawks10

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Well, he's absolutely right as far as I'm concerned. My family, friends, everyone growing up....we all ate square cut, thin crust pizza. You talk pizza with anyone here and deep dish is almost NEVER mentioned. It's something I might have once a year, and that's true of most everyone I talk to or know. You ask what the best pizza is and you get 100 answers, 95 of which are thin crust pizzas...

20 Great Spots to Taste Real Chicago Pizza: Tavern-Style Thin Crust

https://steemit.com/food/@rulesforr...-pizza-is-tavern-cut-thin-crust-not-deep-dish

Reactions: Crow and Blue Liner

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Chicago pizza is like a bowl of sauce, bread, and cheese. It more so resembles a stew of **** than pizza.

And Montreal bagles are what you get when you get a drunk person attempting to bake a bagel.

Deep dish is not Chicago's pizza. Locals eat far more regular thin crust Chicago style pizza than they do deep dish... It's a style that people enjoy here, occasionally, and nothing more. True deep dish is also not like this. It's pizza dough, lots of cheese(with whatever other toppings you want mixed in), light sauce with some tomato chunks. It's not the soupy style that has a thick ass doughy bread crust, a thin layer of cheese, and then sauce that is 2 inches deep. If that's what your deep dish experience was(have you even had one?), you need to try a better restaurant.

That said, I know you're just f***ing around lol. Just wanted to point out some common misconceptions.

Yes, it is true. True Chicago-style pizza is thin, crispy crust, cut into squares(tavern style). Deep dish is a special occasion/once every few months thing. The vast majority of people in Chicago eat thin crust, tavern style, pizza 9/10 times they get pizza... You may have grown up here, but you're wrong about this.

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
what the f*** did I start here??lol

Chicago is known for deep dish pizza- arguing it is wrong..the places in Texas that call themselves Chicago style pizza feature deep dish pizza as the "Chicago" style. now that also includes square cut pizza which is so much better than f***ing triangles, so both sides of it are right..now I hate you all because I can't call up Beggars pizza right now and get a deep dish and a thin crust.

and anyone saying deep dish is for special occasion is nuts, we ordered deep dish and thin crust every Friday, in laws did as well, same with my parents - most people I know ate deep dish a lot, maybe that is more South Side than North/West Side though...

oh well, f*** off now I want to fly back in...

Reactions: ClydeLee

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
New York pizza is a$$. This isn’t a debate, Seth is just wrong.

(With that said, pizza is pizza and I’d probably still eat it :laugh:)

Reactions: AmericanDream

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
you just don't know Chicago pizza - New York pizza is literally Domino's lol - no creativity just make it a big triangle and think it is ****ing good!!

Chicago Thin is the greatness of Chicago Pizza but for some reason people push the "Deep Dish" and ignore the fact Chicago Thin is the best pizza

It creates this false impression that people in Chicago and Illinois just eat "Deep Dish" all the time when reality is Deep Dish is more a every now and then thing

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
what the **** did I start here??lol

Chicago is known for deep dish pizza- arguing it is wrong..the places in Texas that call themselves Chicago style pizza feature deep dish pizza as the "Chicago" style. now that also includes square cut pizza which is so much better than ****ing triangles, so both sides of it are right..now I hate you all because I can't call up Beggars pizza right now and get a deep dish and a thin crust.

and anyone saying deep dish is for special occasion is nuts, we ordered deep dish and thin crust every Friday, in laws did as well, same with my parents - most people I know ate deep dish a lot, maybe that is more South Side than North/West Side though...

oh well, **** off now I want to fly back in...

Chicago is known for deep dish... but that's not necessarily the true "Chicago-style" pizza. No one is arguing that Chicago isn't known for deep dish. And if you get your deep dish from Beggars... IDK what to tell you. :laugh: Faaaaaaaaaar better deep dish, even at some of the "chain" places. Thin crust from there, sure, but deep dish? Meh.

And most people don't eat the 5000 calorie per slice deep dish pizza once a week. Hell, I couldn't handle all that once a week. You're the exception, not the rule. We have deep dish like once every 2-3 months. And I'm a South-Sider, born and raised. I would say that rings true for most people in Chicago.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Chicago is known for deep dish... but that's not necessarily from there, sure, but deep dish? Meh.

And most people don't eat the 5000 calorie per slice deep dish pizza once a week. Hell, I couldn't handle all that once a week. You're the exception, not the rule. We have deep dish like once every 2-3 months. And I'm a South-Sider, born and raised. I would say that rings true for most people in Chicago.
Beggars is by FARRRRR the best deep dish pizza around, nothing comes close to it on the South Side. Let me guess, you are a Lou Malnatis snob or Giordano's??? lol, both are terrible, too sweet of sauce, not enough sausage in their deep dish...stick to your lame ass deep dish pizza places, you don't deserve the greatness of Beggars...
and no, you would be once again incorrect on most South Siders having deep dish every few months lol...all you need to do is workout, people eat it far more than you think.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Beggars is by FARRRRR the best deep dish pizza around, nothing comes close to it on the South Side. Let me guess, you are a Lou Malnatis snob or Giordano's??? lol, both are terrible, too sweet of sauce, not enough sausage in their deep dish...stick to your lame ass deep dish pizza places, you don't deserve the greatness of Beggars...

Don't like either of those, actually. Hate chain deep dish. I go to small places, even on the south side. By FARRRRRR the best deep dish in Chicago is Pequods, AINEC. Falco's is my favorite suburban deep dish. Pizano's off Madison and Michigan is my 2nd favorite deep dish in the city. f*** Giordano's, Gino's East, and Lou Malnati's.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Don't like either of those, actually. Hate chain deep dish. I go to small places, even on the south side. By FARRRRRR the best deep dish in Chicago is Pequods, AINEC. Falco's is my favorite suburban deep dish. Pizano's off Madison and Michigan is my 2nd favorite deep dish in the city. **** Giordano's, Gino's East, and Lou Malnati's.
all your choices suck,Pequods??? really??? lol...go try and fix someones computer, this conversation is over!!
:thumbu:

Falco's isn't that off of Kingery Hgwy? I ate there before never did deep dish, seemed okay of a place.

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
The draft can't get here soon enough.

f*** it. While we're on the subject I thought thin crust cut into squares was St. Louis style, or is it just the provel that makes it St. Louis style?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
The draft can't get here soon enough.

**** it. While we're on the subject I thought thin crust cut into squares was St. Louis style, or is it just the provel that makes it St. Louis style?

Whatever that shit is that thinks it's a cheese in provel is what makes pizza St. Louis style.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad