Mark Kelley’s weigh in on Top Draft Prospects

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
If the universe intended for y’all to get Kakko the GOAT you would have been 2nd. The Gods put you at 3 to let NHL fans see you cry when Kakko was so close to your grasp yet so far!

Also, deep crust pizza isn’t even pizza. How y’all get away labeling that is criminal. It will be a happy day when deep dish pizza is banned from being served in this country.

Go home and on your walk home know that Dolan will hear that Byram is the next DD and intervene for the first time ever.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Go home and on your walk home know that Dolan will hear that Byram is the next DD and intervene for the first time ever.
Dolan is too busy attempting to be a rock star to care about hockey.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Also, deep crust pizza isn’t even pizza. How y’all get away labeling that is criminal. It will be a happy day when deep dish pizza is banned from being served in this country.
As someone who is unbiased,

Chicago pizza > New York pizza

Montreal bagels > New York bagels

Reactions: AmericanDream

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
As someone who is unbiased,

Chicago pizza > New York pizza

Montreal bagels > New York bagels
Chicago pizza is like a bowl of sauce, bread, and cheese. It more so resembles a stew of shit than pizza.

And Montreal bagles are what you get when you get a drunk person attempting to bake a bagel.

Reactions: Crow

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Chicago pizza is like a bowl of sauce, bread, and cheese. It more so resembles a stew of **** than pizza.

And Montreal bagles are what you get when you get a drunk person attempting to bake a bagel.
You're biased. I'm from none of the listed cities, but have been to them and have had their food.

Brother Espo

Apr 22, 2019
Notice in the article that he talks bout skating with everyone except Dach (Turcotte as well but for focused on him being hurt and then sick).

With the #3 pick, the Hawks should be able to get a player whose set of attributes most closely matches the characteristics they value, a player that plays “the style we like to play. That is fast and with the puck,” as Kelley has said.

This should effectively rule out Kirby Dach for the #3 pick as he is skilled and smart but not at all fast.

Vasili Podkolzin, meanwhile, is treated almost indifferently by Mark Kelley, who almost brushes him aside in the interview, stating that “He fits more to that whole power forward thing.” Admittedly, ‘power forward play’ is not a characteristic that Hawks management speaks often about or glowingly of. Coupled with Podkolzin’s nonchalant attitude towards playing in North America and his 2+ year contract overseas, I think it is also safe to rule him out for the #3 pick.

Last edited:

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
To be real, no Hawks fan expects Kakko to fall.
Oh I know, it’s fun to always laugh at one another though and joke around. Turcotte/Byram are no scrubs in their own right though. Jumping from the quality at 12 to 3 was huggeeeee.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Oh I know, it’s fun to always laugh at one another though and joke around. Turcotte/Byram are no scrubs in their own right though. Jumping from the quality at 12 to 3 was huggeeeee.

What are the strengths and weaknesses or the Rangers’s prospect pool?

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
What are the strengths and weaknesses or the Rangers’s prospect pool?
It’s truly crazy how much our pool has turned around in a year or so through good drafting and trades. We also have a ton more picks to be used through our deadline deals.

Kravstov and Kakko are the leading offensive figures in our pool which is great.

Defensively we have K’Andre Miller who was fantastic in his first year at Wisconsin, Lundkvist who had a really good season in Sweden, Rykov had a good season in Russia, and we are likely going to get Fox from the Hurricanes one way or another.

The only “weakness” I’d say is that we could maybe use another good center in the pool, but with Mika emerging as he did, we likely found our number 1 C of the future. I can see us moving up with our 1st from Winnipeg and adding a couple of our 2nds or maybe Kreider to move up and get a Center in the top 12-15 perhaps.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
It’s truly crazy how much our pool has turned around in a year or so through good drafting and trades. We also have a ton more picks to be used through our deadline deals.

Kravstov and Kakko are the leading offensive figures in our pool which is great.

Defensively we have K’Andre Miller who was fantastic in his first year at Wisconsin, Lundkvist who had a really good season in Sweden, Rykov had a good season in Russia, and we are likely going to get Fox from the Hurricanes one way or another.

The only “weakness” I’d say is that we could maybe use another good center in the pool, but with Mika emerging as he did, we likely found our number 1 C of the future. I can see us moving up with our 1st from Winnipeg and adding a couple of our 2nds or maybe Kreider to move up and get a Center in the top 12-15 perhaps.

Thanks.

Sure looks like a #1D is a need...:skeptic:

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Dolan's pretty much kept the Rangers alone except a couple of times. One thing he did right was stand by Glen Sather when everyone wanted him gone. Remember he had some massive FA failures many years ago. Unlike the Knicks, Dolan found a knowledgeable hockey exec to run the Rangers.
How the Rangers Became the Blueprint for Winning Under Jim Dolan

That's why Kakko or Hughes needs to make fun of the Knicks and Dolan. He'll take that personally. Dolan once forced The Eagles to make his band the opening act in order to play at MSG.
So... we make Kakko burner social media accounts and troll Dolan? :sarcasm:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
With the #3 pick, the Hawks should be able to get a player whose combined set of attributes most closely match the characteristics they value, a player that plays “the style we like to play. That is fast and with the puck,” as Kelley has said.

This should effectively rule out Kirby Dach for the #3 pick as he is skilled and smart but not at all fast.

Vasili Podkolzin, meanwhile, is treated almost indifferently by Mark Kelley, who almost brushes him aside in the interview, stating that “He fits more to that whole power forward thing.” Admittedly, ‘power forward play’ is not a characteristic that Hawks management speaks often about or glowingly of. Coupled with Podkolzin’ nonchalant attitude towards playing in North America and his 2+ year contract, I think it is also safe to rule him out for the #3 pick.

The Pods part is him transitioning based on how I read it. The Hawks like PF more than you think, Saad, Hossa, Ladd, Buff, etc.

Dach I’m not close to my list at #3.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Chicago pizza is like a bowl of sauce, bread, and cheese. It more so resembles a stew of **** than pizza.

Actual Chicago pizza is thin crust (tavern style). Deep Dish isn’t what most natives eat on a regular basis.

Reactions: Crow

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
For sure but I have Kakko close even with Hughes.
I have Hughes slightly ahead due to a higher ceiling, but his floor is a lot lower than Kakko’s. Both are franchise cornerstone players though.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I'm waiting for us to find out that Jersey is one of the few teams that has Kakko ahead of Hughes, and that the Rags have Podkolzin ahead of Hughes.

1. Kakko
2. Podkolzin
3. Hughes

The hockey world would implode.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
I'm waiting for us to find out that Jersey is one of the few teams that has Kakko ahead of Hughes, and that the Rags have Podkolzin ahead of Hughes.

1. Kakko
2. Podkolzin
3. Hughes

The hockey world would implode.
Jersey is literally promoting Hughes on all their social media accounts. It’s not even a debate for me anymore in terms of speculation. It’s so obvious how the first 2 picks go this year. 3 is so wide open though. You guys literally control how the draft plays out from 3-10. If y’all are drunk on power, you’re in the perfect spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad