Mark Kelley’s weigh in on Top Draft Prospects

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Kelley only had 19 words to say about Byram. Less than everyone except Zegras who also had 19 words said about him. Of course Zegras isn't even in the conversation for #3.

So it's very clear that Kelley is trying to keep up the facade and hide from everyone that Byram is the pick. I see right through you Kelley...

It is not the number of words but it it the quality in this situation imo. His review was short but glowing.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
The only player he mentioned by first name when giving his scouting report. Welcome to Chicago, AT.
now i am and i mean i am agreeing stretching for a possible scenario. pure guess on my part and thinking of a conspiracy in this.

what if, yeah it is a what if scenario, Kelley did on purpose. to garner more interest in a possible selection at #3. with that idea out there now, what if some other team wants to move up b/c they are craving a shot at AT at #3. like maybe Col...... for me, this looks like the move unless at draft day the Bhawks calls out his, AT name.

just spit ballin

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Bowman walking down to the podium to select Turcotte...lol

tumblr_pqf96q1vuo1xkok61o1_400.gif

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Hundreds of people know more about hockey on this website than Craig Button. Guy is a turd. His rankings are based purely on the WJC and the U18s and thats about it. Maybe sprinkle in some Hlinka.

Button goes out of his way to be contrary. Sometimes he gets it right but often not.

Brother Espo

Apr 22, 2019
If Peyton Krebs is rated as highly by the front office as it would appear, we could potentially see a trade down scenario or one where the Hawks confidently select him at #3 similar to how Montreal boldly chose Kotkaniemi at #3 last season despite his lower rank on amateur scouting mocks.

As a centre/left winger, Krebs has the versatility and the blend of speed, skill, competitiveness and high IQ that the Hawks clearly covet in their players.

Or, perhaps there is another player in this draft that is of a similar mold, but of a slightly higher caliber, that is currently projected to go #3-#5 that the Hawks are nearly already set on...

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
If Peyton Krebs is rated as highly by the front office as it would appear, we could potentially see a trade down scenario or one where the Hawks confidently select him at #3 similar to how Montreal boldly chose Kotkaniemi at #3 last season despite his lower rank on amateur scouting mocks.

As a centre/left winger, Krebs has the versatility and the blend of speed, skill, competitiveness and high IQ that the Hawks clearly covet in their players.

Or, perhaps there is another player in this draft that is of a similar mold, but of a slightly higher caliber, that is currently projected to go #3-#5 that the Hawks are nearly already set on...

Seems like their guy if they decide to pass on Byram/Turcotte at 3 and trade down. BB/AT is the decision at 3. And there doesn’t need to be any posturing here...Hughes/Kakko go 1/2 to NJ/NYR, no chance somebody jumps ahead of Chicago to take Kelley top pick off board.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I still think a trade down a spot or three gets us who we want. If someone is really keen on Bynam.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad