Mark Kelley’s weigh in on Top Draft Prospects

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
all your choices suck,Pequods??? really??? lol...go try and fix someones computer, this conversation is over!!
:thumbu:

Falco's isn't that off of Kingery Hgwy? I ate there before never did deep dish, seemed okay of a place.

Yes, Falco's is off Kingery, but the original was in the city. Have you even had Pequods or Pizano's? Pizano's is a tiny joint, owned by the same people that founded Pizzeria Uno. I doubt you've had their pizza. :laugh:

You're a hick in Texas now. You lost your Chicago pizza commenting privileges. ;)

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Yes, Falco's is off Kingery, but the original was in the city. Have you even had Pequods or Pizano's? Pizano's is a tiny joint, owned by the same people that founded Pizzeria Uno. I doubt you've had their pizza. :laugh:

You're a hick in Texas now. You lost your Chicago pizza commenting privileges. ;)
I have had Pizano's it was good..we are just real picky with our sauce, if it is sweet I hate it..most places just have too sweet of a sauce and not enough sausage and cheese inside the deep dish, which is why we love Beggars - we eat there every other day when we come in to visit lol...

another tavern pizza gem is Angie's pizza on Pulaski...back in the day when Hawks home games weren't televised, Angie's would have the chip in their satellite and put the games on their pull down screens for us - my dad and the owner were buddies..they had 2 locations and the one in Burbank was epic..they closed the Burbank one down when he got pinched for gambling/drugs, but kept the Pulaski one open, that is always a must stop as well when we are in..check it out when/if you get tired of your other horrible locations lol...

ChicagoHockeyFan

Mar 3, 2019
S
Beggars is by FARRRRR the best deep dish pizza around, nothing comes close to it on the South Side. Let me guess, you are a Lou Malnatis snob or Giordano's??? lol, both are terrible, too sweet of sauce, not enough sausage in their deep dish...stick to your lame ass deep dish pizza places, you don't deserve the greatness of Beggars...
and no, you would be once again incorrect on most South Siders having deep dish every few months lol...all you need to do is workout, people eat it far more than you think.
Lou’s is nowhere near terrible lol, I think it’s the best Chicago pizza

Reactions: hawksrule

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I have had Pizano's it was good..we are just real picky with our sauce, if it is sweet I hate it..most places just have too sweet of a sauce and not enough sausage and cheese inside the deep dish, which is why we love Beggars - we eat there every other day when we come in to visit lol...

another tavern pizza gem is Angie's pizza on Pulaski...back in the day when Hawks home games weren't televised, Angie's would have the chip in their satellite and put the games on their pull down screens for us - my dad and the owner were buddies..they had 2 locations and the one in Burbank was epic..they closed the Burbank one down when he got pinched for gambling/drugs, but kept the Pulaski one open, that is always a must stop as well when we are in..check it out when/if you get tired of your other horrible locations lol...

Thanks! I'll have to try it at some point. Back to the topic at hand.

Reactions: AmericanDream

southernbeardown54

Apr 23, 2012
Deep dish is not Chicago's pizza. Locals eat far more regular thin crust Chicago style pizza than they do deep dish... It's a style that people enjoy here, occasionally, and nothing more. True deep dish is also not like this. It's pizza dough, lots of cheese(with whatever other toppings you want mixed in), light sauce with some tomato chunks. It's not the soupy style that has a thick ass doughy bread crust, a thin layer of cheese, and then sauce that is 2 inches deep. If that's what your deep dish experience was(have you even had one?), you need to try a better restaurant.

That said, I know you're just ****ing around lol. Just wanted to point out some common misconceptions.

Yes, it is true. True Chicago-style pizza is thin, crispy crust, cut into squares(tavern style). Deep dish is a special occasion/once every few months thing. The vast majority of people in Chicago eat thin crust, tavern style, pizza 9/10 times they get pizza... You may have grown up here, but you're wrong about this.

This is funny to me. The whole "most people, everyone, we can all agree...THE VAST MAJORITY" on an opinion item.

Deep dish is harder to find, more complex to make, more expensive....on and on and therefore is a specialty delicious style I enjoy very much. So do most of my friends and family who still live there. The idea that because more people eat "thin crust" means everyone likes it more imo is wrong.

I guess everyone likes chicken more then lobster and filet mignon then.

I view this discussion as more about what I enjoy more a deep dish or a thin crust. Whether you call it chicago style or NY style means little to me, except people view deep dish as a chicago style.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
This is funny to me. The whole "most people, everyone, we can all agree...THE VAST MAJORITY" on an opinion item.

Deep dish is harder to find, more complex to make, more expensive....on and on and therefore is a specialty delicious style I enjoy very much. So do most of my friends and family who still live there. The idea that because more people eat "thin crust" means everyone likes it more imo is wrong.

I guess everyone likes chicken more then lobster and filet mignon then.

I view this discussion as more about what I enjoy more a deep dish or a thin crust. Whether you call it chicago style or NY style means little to me, except people view deep dish as a chicago style.

No one said that it means everyone likes it more, though. I love deep dish. I'm just arguing what is "true" Chicago pizza. Deep dish is something known from Chicago, but it's not necessarily THE Chicago style of pizza. It's A style of Chicago pizza, if you get what I'm saying.. :thumbu:

And it's not really much of an opinion item as far as your first sentence. Deep dish pizza for a family of 5 probably runs $40-60 for a meal. Most people will get thin crust, most the time, and deep dish is reserved for once in a while, or special occasions. Discussion should be continued in the Anything Goes thread, though. We're way off topic... Thanks @AmericanDream

Reactions: AmericanDream

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Lous is overrated for sure, Giordanos is awesome, although their thin is better than their deep dish.

Aurelios is the best in my opinion. Just nothing else like it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad