Mark Kelley’s weigh in on Top Draft Prospects

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
For some reason I really feel like we are going to take Zegras and its gonna get a Pierre-Luc Dubois kinda reaction.

I wouldn't mind at all. That kid's skill level is just so damn good. Arguably the most skilled player in this draft. He is my dark horse favorite after Turcotte/Byram.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
PLD ended up being the right pick though
Not the same thing. Dubois was still a consensus top 5 pick. Zegras is expected to go like 7-11.

I can't speak to what kind of a prospect Dubois was cause I wasn't following then, but I can tell you that Zegras is a perimeter player. I don't want to deal with another Nick Schmaltz.

Crow

May 19, 2014
This isn’t true at all. And I grew up there. Makes my mouth water right now thinking of the deep dish Chicago style pizza.

Thin crust is nothing special it’s kind of silly to even have this debate honestly.

But hey. They eat bugs in Asia so...to each their own.
I think most of us grew up in Chicago. Deep dish is for tourists in my family. And it’s a lot harder to find than a good thin crust for a reason. It’s just not as popular here. Only times we eat deep dish are on a rare occasion where it’s served along side several other thin crust Chicago pizzas.

Last edited:

Crow

May 19, 2014
but also if they get a number one center (say they rank turcotte to become one)

x-Turcotte-Kane
Debrincat-Strome-x
Saad-Toews-x

Thats just plug and play for years with

Joker,Mitchell,Keith, Boqvist, Beaudin,Murphy on the backend

Im still undecided who i want them to take.
I thought I strongly preferred BB. I almost don’t care looking at that.

Crow

May 19, 2014
2004 Cam Barker #3
God I hope this draft is nothing like that one.
What a hard fall after ovi and Malkin. Blake wheeler at #5. Then a crap shoot like every other draft. But most drafts have a lot more high end guys in the top ten.

Last edited:

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
God I hope this draft is nothing like that one.
What a hard fall after ovi and Malkin. Blake wheeler at #5. Then a crap shoot like every other draft. But most drafts have a lot more high end guys in the top ten.

Top 10 for this draft seems high quality. Guys like Caufield, Boldy and Zegras potentially going 8-10 and all seem like sure fire top 6 forwards

Reactions: pvr

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
For some reason I really feel like we are going to take Zegras and its gonna get a Pierre-Luc Dubois kinda reaction.
At least with DuBois it was a one-pick jump and people got it. You're talking about Zegras going at least four spots higher than he's projected. This is more Barrett Hayton than PLD. "Hayton?!"

That being said, I so badly want the Hawks to go for the high-ceiling players, but I think they'll play it relatively safe and not go total boom-or-bust.

That being said, I wish

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad