Sep 28, 2016
Bowman walking down to the podium to select Turcotte...lol

tumblr_pqf96q1vuo1xkok61o1_400.gif
ahhhh that is the best one ..... :biglaugh: :clap: :cool:

Reactions: AmericanDream

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
All I’m hearing is we’re either going to draft Patrice Bergeron or Drew Doughty. Or by some god foresaken miracle, Marian Hossa.
Obviously those comparables only work if everything goes right with those players (Turcotte, Byram, Kakko). But at the same time, when you pick a player 3rd overall, you do so because they've shown legit reasons to be viewed similarly as some of the top players in the league and they are currently on that sort of trajectory. Just a question of which ones prosper and which ones falter.

Reactions: ChicagoHockeyFan

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I don't see the issue with Kelly "tipping his hand" because at #3 with the first 2 picks almost certainties - the Hawks get to pick the best of the rest which means they don't have to hope their favorite players drops to them. If Hughes and Kakko are not taken #1/#2 - then they take either Hughes or Kakko and count their lucky stars - otherwise there's no deception and holding cards close to the vest - just take the damn player you want at #3.

Reactions: Crow

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Assuming Hughes and Kakko go 1/2 - it then comes down to 3 players for me - Byram, Turcotte and Cozens. I would be very happy with any of the three. It's kind of a no lose proposition.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Assuming Hughes and Kakko go 1/2 - it then comes down to 3 players for me - Byram, Turcotte and Cozens. I would be very happy with any of the three. It's kind of a no lose proposition.
I really like Turcotte but if they pick him, they better be ok with his medicals.
I wouldn't mind any of these 5 guys, and if they pick any I couldn't argue:
Byram
Cozens
Dach
Podkolzin
Turcotte

They're all similar prospects, and it all comes down to which guy the Hawks brass likes best.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Has Dolan ever stuck his nose in Ranger business?
Dolan's pretty much kept the Rangers alone except a couple of times. One thing he did right was stand by Glen Sather when everyone wanted him gone. Remember he had some massive FA failures many years ago. Unlike the Knicks, Dolan found a knowledgeable hockey exec to run the Rangers.
How the Rangers Became the Blueprint for Winning Under Jim Dolan

That's why Kakko or Hughes needs to make fun of the Knicks and Dolan. He'll take that personally. Dolan once forced The Eagles to make his band the opening act in order to play at MSG.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I really like Turcotte but if they pick him, they better be ok with his medicals.
I wouldn't mind any of these 5 guys, and if they pick any I couldn't argue:
Byram
Cozens
Dach
Podkolzin
Turcotte

They're all similar prospects, and it all comes down to which guy the Hawks brass likes best.

They probably know Turcotte better than anybody in draft because of Granato brothers.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I’ve got Byram and Turcotte as 2A/2B behind Hughes/Kakko. I’d be thrilled with either. I’ll defer to Kelley.

I just mean that a week ago, Byram was the guy that everyone seemed to be talking about taking, and seemed pretty sure about it. Now, it seems like Turcotte has taken over as the guy most seem to want.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
I just mean that a week ago, Byram was the guy that everyone seemed to be talking about taking, and seemed pretty sure about it. Now, it seems like Turcotte has taken over as the guy most seem to want.

Byram is the safe pick for me. Turcotte is the reach due to his health

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Did they play a secret game that no one knew about? It's funny how the PR machine works before the draft.

2 weeks ago, it was Byram and possibly Podkolzin. Podkolzin's KHL contract was a major issue for some. Did Turcotte's medicals check out so there is a lot of buzz about the kid again? I think we're all in agreement that Hughes and Kakko are tier 1. Tier 2 is Byram, Podkolzin, and Turcotte. It feels like the Hawks will pick from these 3.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Turcotte got back from his illness (mono if I'm not mistaken) and has been one of the best at the U18s, which has helped push his stock up just enough to make it a close call between him and Byram.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Turcotte got back from his illness (mono if I'm not mistaken) and has been one of the best at the U18s, which has helped push his stock up just enough to make it a close call between him and Byram.
You answered my question. That's some major questions answered before the draft.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
one kid is on NHL Network playing for his country in the biggest spotlight for draft eligibles, and the other is somewhere out in Western Canada in the playoffs where you have to dig hard to find a stream of him play..this isn't the entire reason, but it is easier to see more of one player than the other. Turcotte coming back healthy and strong is the biggest thing for me, it was his only question mark and he seems to have answered it so far.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
People are really overstating Turcotte's "health" here. A. The guy had ONE injury that he's seemingly recovered from based on his play right now. B. It's a large assumption to make without any knowledge of medical records, in addition to it not being mentioned as a concern by anybody anywhere really that I've seen (reputable scouting services, team scouts, etc).

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Has Dolan ever stuck his nose in Ranger business?
Surprisingly, not really. For as bad as an owner Dolan is for the Knicks, he's arguably the opposite for the Rangers. He spends as much as anyone and never interferes with the personnel department. It's crazy how he can be so bad for one of my teams yet so good for another...

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Someone should lose their job if that happens. What's NYR's D-corps look like? Thinking they try to get cute and take Byram instead?
Not going to happen, honestly, 0%. Bob already confirmed we're taking Hughes/Kakko, and to be honest, as much as I like Byram, he isn't on the Doughty or even Heiskanen tier as a defensive prospect. The draft is still Hughes/Kakko and there is a large drop off from that.

Jumping up from 12-3 isn't enough for you greedy f***s? :P

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Not going to happen, honestly, 0%. Bob already confirmed we're taking Hughes/Kakko, and to be honest, as much as I like Byram, he isn't on the Doughty or even Heiskanen tier as a defensive prospect. The draft is still Hughes/Kakko and there is a large drop off from that.

Jumping up from 12-3 isn't enough for you greedy ****s? :P

I wasn't suggesting this haha. I was asking the question of someone else. I don't see any way in hell this happens.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
I wasn't suggesting this haha. I was asking the question of someone else. I don't see any way in hell this happens.
It won't, but the jump from 12-3 is significant for y'all regardless. I think it's going to be Byram/Turcotte for y'all, and you have to imagine the Illinois connection with the latter is going to be valued.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
It won't, but the jump from 12-3 is significant for y'all regardless. I think it's going to be Byram/Turcotte for y'all, and you have to imagine the Illinois connection with the latter is going to be valued.
listen RangerSeth, I know you don't fully understand Uncle Jerry, and what he has promised us...though you do get to pick 2nd, you will get a Hugh Jessiman second coming and select Cozens at #2 allowing the Hawks to get Kakko at 3...it would have been too much for HF Boards and the world to handle if we got 2nd overall, so just understand your role in this, and that role is to f*** up and let us get our guy! Thanks, and our pizza is better as well...lol

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
listen RangerSeth, I know you don't fully understand Uncle Jerry, and what he has promised us...though you do get to pick 2nd, you will get a Hugh Jessiman second coming and select Cozens at #2 allowing the Hawks to get Kakko at 3...it would have been too much for HF Boards and the world to handle if we got 2nd overall, so just understand your role in this, and that role is to **** up and let us get our guy! Thanks, and our pizza is better as well...lol
If the universe intended for y’all to get Kakko the GOAT you would have been 2nd. The Gods put you at 3 to let NHL fans see you cry when Kakko was so close to your grasp yet so far!

Also, deep crust pizza isn’t even pizza. How y’all get away labeling that is criminal. It will be a happy day when deep dish pizza is banned from being served in this country.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad