Marchand Refuses to fight Against Eller

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
He has refused to fight Chara several times, honestly. And no, Wilson wouldn't "break his hip" - Wilson isn't nearly as tough as people make him out to be in the fighting department.

yes and his defense against the " hug and fall" that chara employs clearly isnt up to snuff either.

I hate the bruins, I kinda like Marchand. But if you force the issue in a settled game and then decline to settle up the next game, you are a punk. Not a rat, a punk. Win lose of draw he goes and the beef is squashed, him deciding that THIS time is opportune to keep the mitts on is a punk move.

he's ok to go with an unwilling lars eller but not a willing one ?

weak sauce.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Everyone considered him the coward of the county
He'd never stood one single time to prove the county wrong
His mama named him Bradley, but folks just called him Rat, Turtle, Gutless, Cheapshotter, Licker, Slewfooter, Clipper, Coward. POS, Sucker Puncher...

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
yes and his defense against the " hug and fall" that chara employs clearly isnt up to snuff either.

I hate the bruins, I kinda like Marchand. But if you force the issue in a settled game and then decline to settle up the next game, you are a punk. Not a rat, a punk. Win lose of draw he goes and the beef is squashed, him deciding that THIS time is opportune to keep the mitts on is a punk move.

weak sauce.

Yep. Once Marchand had Eller engaged he waited for Eller to oblige. Fair fight. Eller being embarrassed doesn't change that he should have beaten 5'9 non-fighter Marchand then and there. It's his bruised ego doing the talking now, Marchand owes a 3rd liner nothing.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
If someone tried to fight him in a close game and he didn't want to? Yeah really didn't care.

Sure we hell didn't ruin our whole teams morale :laugh:

was your team called " the spotpickers " ?

its not " someone", its the non pugilist who was forced who wants to settle and marchand ( after pressing the issue in the first fioght ) decides now is not a good time to settle the ledger, you know a punk.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

weak sauce.
I absolutely agree. It was a punk move, I said it was a punk move, and I said it made Marchand look like a huge bitch.

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
I love Marchand, all he's trying to do is get under peoples skins and throw them off their game and he's the best at it

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Ellers a joke. And we've seen players do this when challenged by bruins players a thousand times, but in those instances the bruins playernwas called a goon because and accused of wanting to injure the other player.

Seems people here are a little bias... But good got marchand he needed to be on the ice not sitting in the box.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Yep. Once Marchand had Eller engaged he waited for Eller to oblige. Fair fight. Eller being embarrassed doesn't change that he should have beaten 5'9 non-fighter Marchand then and there. It's his bruised ego doing the talking now, Marchand owes a 3rd liner nothing.

what the hell ?
Marchand clearly pressed the issue in the first fight that eller ( by history and by action) wanted no part of. That didn't seem to bother Marchand who forced Eller's hand.
But when the non pugilist eller decides he wants to settle the ledger, why is marchand offered the option to decline that he was so unwilling to offer to eller ? They didn't send wilson after him, fcs it was lars freaking eller.

why you ask ? because he's a punk, that's why. A cherry picking fake tough guy who will throw against an unwilling eller but not settle with a willing one. The fact that he's unwilling to throw against a willing lars eller says way more about marchand than eller.

When beefs have to be settled, when called you answer.

unless, apparently, you a player who is only willing to fight unsuspecting or unwilling non pugilists.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
HahahhahahhahahHha
Fair fight. Punched the dude near in the back of the head but keep on telling yourself whatever you need to

Reactions: Drakon and eviohh26

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Montreal is a far superior Franchise than the Bruins and it's not even remotely close.
As someone who has cheered for the Habs since Guy Lafleur I must disagree.
The Habs and Bruins are as equal as it gets.
Always have been.
That’s what makes their rivalry the best in sports.
The Bruins are a skilled physical first based team and the Habs are a skilled speed first based team. They represent the 2 sides of the NHL coin.
One can’t survive without the other.
I hate the “B”’s like I was born to it, but I will never stop respecting them as a team and as an opponent.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Ellers a joke. And we've seen players do this when challenged by bruins players a thousand times, but in those instances the bruins playernwas called a goon because and accused of wanting to injure the other player.

Seems people here are a little bias... But good got marchand he needed to be on the ice not sitting in the box.

Eller's a joke ? of the two, who tutrled and who threw ?
who is the joke again ?

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
I'm a Habs fan and absolutely detest the Bruins in general and Marchand specifically, but with that being said that was classic Marchand in the sense that he's a pest, he's damn talented and great at being a pest and getting under opposing teams' skin. He jumped Eller last game, landed a few cheap shots and that stuck with him and carried over to this game. He then wouldn't fight Eller and hid behind the ref (something Bruins fans keep accusing Gallagher and other Habs players of doing ironically) and as a result he gave his team a PP when they're down 1-0, mission accomplished.

Eller dropped his glove too soon, hoping to get Marchand to engage. That was a hot-headed mistake but thankfully he didn't start waling on him and ended up with a 4 minute penalty or more that could have put the Caps in a tight spot. I respect him trying to avenge the sneak attack from the game before but laying a big hit on him (a la Subban stinger for example) would have been a much better option.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
HahahhahahhahahHha
Fair fight. Punched the dude near in the back of the head but keep on telling yourself whatever you need to
Go watch it again. Right before the real punches start flying both players squared up. At that point Eller has no excuse for not pummeling little Marchand. That is what this is all about, Eller was embarrassed.

JayToad

Mar 5, 2018
What a dumb play by Eller. He should have taken a page out of Marchands book and caught him with a cheap headshot or low bridge instead.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad