Marchand Refuses to fight Against Eller

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Ask his teammates what they thought about his turtling. I can guarantee they aren't thrilled with him balking there. That kind of thing can hurt the chemistry of a team.

Big bad Bruins are dead and gone.
They were probably pretty happy to have a PP, too bad they didn't score.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
My view is that he has a chance to fight Lars Eller. The next time it might be Tom Wilson and might get challenged the way Eller was challenged by Marchand. I like he made the wrong choice

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Next season Marchand's son Max Comtois will be a full time NHL forward.
But will Comtois drop the gloves more than him ? He's a big dude.
We also got Tom Wilson's son Max Jones possibly making the roster next year too.

Last edited:

TH1Pool

Apr 22, 2006
Lancaster, PA
Got his team a power play and got even more under the other teams' skin. Kind of a meat head mentality knocking a guy for wanting to win more than wanting to fight. Marchand being off the ice for 5 minutes wasn't going to help their comeback.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Eller's a joke ? of the two, who tutrled and who threw ?
who is the joke again ?
He screwed up celebrating a goal in a route, in front of the whole opposing team. He got his ass kicked for it. Now he’s trying to save face and redeem himself after. Marchand basically didn’t need to kick his ass again. Who’s the joke? We’ll see if he goes after him again.

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
Marchand knows he's better than that. Why would he drop the gloves with a guy several ties beneath his level? He is above fighting such goons. His value is at its prime when he is on the ice for his team.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Got his team a power play and got even more under the other teams' skin. Kind of a meat head mentality knocking a guy for wanting to win more than wanting to fight. Marchand being off the ice for 5 minutes wasn't going to help their comeback.

BM was -3 last night. He probably would have helped his team more by being off the ice.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Pretty sure he said Eller. So Eller?
so the guy who fights when he doesnt want to is the joke, and the guy who forced the first guy to fight gets to decline ?????????

its a topsy turvy world we are living in. Black is white, up is down.

I'm not so sure about a world where guys run from a willing lars eller.

Reactions: BigKing

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I think Marchand is a rat, a talented rat, but still a rat nonetheless. But that's really just a stupid play by Eller there.

He needed to pick his moment better but instead he got owned twice by Marchand.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
He screwed up celebrating a goal in a route, in front of the whole opposing team. He got his ass kicked for it. Now he’s trying to save face and redeem himself after. Marchand basically didn’t need to kick his ass again. Who’s the joke? We’ll see if he goes after him again.

if marchand knew he'd kick his ass, again, then oblige the fine gentleman from denmark. Squash the beef.

if however, marchand will only go with an unwilling lars eller, that's not a good look for anyone because it is such a punk move. If you are okay with marchand being a punk, fine by me. It doeasnt seem to bother him.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Not defending Marchand but are you saying you'd rather your kid be violent and solve problems with their fists? Rather they give in to a narrative or a code they may not beleive in? I am not judging you or your methods I just find your statement very bold. We aren't talking about the Character Ethic or fighting oppression, it's a sport, a battle of strength and will. I think Marchand does a lot of unethical things in his game, not fighting and helping his team out is not one of them. The team and winning comes first.
You aren't using Marchand as an example of good character ...are you? There really is very little to draw from when attempting to defend his actions. And yes, my children were raised to defend themselves when necessary. Has served them and others quite well,but you do you!

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011

declining a players seeking redress the first time, isnt enough ?

perhaps next time, it wont be killer lars eller who comes knocking.

Rydan

Oct 23, 2018
declining a players seeking redress the first time, isnt enough ?

perhaps next time, it wont be killer lars eller who comes knocking.
does it matter who comes knocking if he just refuse to open?
Eller should just sucker punch him or slash him in the face or something if he is after some sort of revenge and be over it.

Reactions: Mitch Tavares

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
does it matter who comes knocking if he just refuse to open?
Eller should just sucker punch him or slash him in the face or something if he is after some sort of revenge and be over it.

no it most certainly does, the knocker can respect marchand's unwillingness the exact same way that marchand respected eller's. eller has a legit beef with marchand. if marchand thinks that by running from it, that squashes it he might want to reach out to brooks orpik.

and no, eller should not slash him in the face. that would make him a bigger punk than marchand is now.

rememebr all those years where bruins fans brayed about how alexi emelin was a gutless punk because he would throw big hits, hits that were on or very close to the line but would never settle when asked ?

I do. good times, good times.

if marchand won't settle with lars freaking eller, who will he settle with ? the list is pretty thin

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
As a B's fan and STH I love Brad . So much talent. I was at the game. No way should Brad fight...No reason. It was smart of him to get the PP for the B's

And you totally agree that it was smart for any Leafs or Habs player to ever turn down a fight when challenged by a B's player and instead take the PP too right? I mean, your opinion on this isn't at all just based on laundry, correct? I mean, you were totally fine with Brooks Orpik turning down Shawn Thornton too.... or are there different rules for different players.

Maybe you love Marchand, but he's a dirty player. Personally, I don't care if he turned down a fight, nobody is ever obliged to commit a penalty. But then again, I never call players on other teams wimps or try to make a hockey game into 80's rasslin' with good guys and bad guys.

Ned Bouhalassa

Mar 2, 2008
Montreal
Given that Brad could stick a finger in his nose and a 40-page HFB thread would ensue, isn't it time to simply give the superstar his own forum? :sarcasm:

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Lars Eller drops his gloves but Brad Marchand refuses to fight

After the first game of the season Marchand jumped Eller and cut him up pretty bad. Eller tries to respond with a fair challenge to Marchand tonight and he just turtles. Afterwards Eller says “Everyone saw what he is. ... There’s not a lot of integrity in his game.”

Did Marchand violate the code of the game here or are we in a new era where all that hockey code stuff is dead?
Even Claude Lemieux stepped up when he had to .But that gutless little puke just turtles or hides behind refs or his teammates.Did anyone expect anything different .

Ingvar

Jan 16, 2016
Moscow
I’m not a fan of talking how hockey was better in the past. But I think if Marchand had been playing 25 years ago, something like this would have happened and he would have dropped most of his antics:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->