Marchand Refuses to fight Against Eller

Status
Not open for further replies.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Eller's a joke ? of the two, who tutrled and who threw ?
who is the joke again ?

Eller is still definitely the joke like. Cool people in this thread don't like marchand but what if Accairi tried to fight oshie or backstrom? That takes a good player off the ice for the caps with a lot minute guy leaving for Boston. If that happened Accairi would be called a goon on this board.

Marchand got a pp for his team in a tight game. That was a good thing for the bruins .

Reactions: Ladyfan

Rydan

Oct 23, 2018
no it most certainly does, the knocker can respect marchand's unwillingness the exact same way that marchand respected eller's. eller has a legit beef with marchand. if marchand thinks that by running from it, that squashes it he might want to reach out to brooks orpik.

and no, eller should not slash him in the face. that would make him a bigger punk than marchand is now.

rememebr all those years where bruins fans brayed about how alexi emelin was a gutless punk because he would throw big hits, hits that were on or very close to the line but would never settle when asked ?

I do. good times, good times.

if marchand won't settle with lars freaking eller, who will he settle with ? the list is pretty thin
Hey. not much he can do then, if Marchand dont want to fight and Eller refuse to goon it up its his problem.
I dont see how Marchand should try to squash some one sided "beef" Eller has.
He can try next time i guess.:dunno:

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Eller is still definitely the joke like. Cool people in this thread don't like marchand but what if Accairi tried to fight oshie or backstrom? That takes a good player off the ice for the caps with a lot minute guy leaving for Boston. If that happened Accairi would be called a goon on this board.

Marchand got a pp for his team in a tight game. That was a good thing for the bruins .

its kinda funny that in this hypothetical, Eller doesnt have a beef with marchand and his willingness to fight is coming out of the blue like if accarri dropped with with oshie. That eller wanting to go with marchand was just because marchand is a good player.

And lars eller could walk into a convent and punch every nun in there in the face and he STILL wouldnt be a goon. its freaking lars eller marchand is running from.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Hey. not much he can do then, if Marchand dont want to fight and Eller refuse to goon it up its his problem.
I dont see how Marchand should try to squash some one sided "beef" Eller has.
He can try next time i guess.:dunno:

so when eller doesnt want to fight, marchand can press the issue
when eller does wants to fight, marchand gets the right to decline ?

Eller has a legit beef with marchand who forced him into a fight that eller wanted nothing to do with, but when Eller wants to go when he's willing, you think marchand gets to say
" thanks but no" ?

big. fat. pass.

Reactions: ErrantShepherd

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011

fleischman didnt want to fight ryan white. but after he ran gorges in the numbers, what he wanted was no longer ryan white's concern.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The fact that you guys have won 14 straight and still need to post in this thread says enough. Brad's in your head.
Okay? He can live rent free in our heads all he wants so long as the Capitals keep winning. I'll even provide him turndown service.

I'm pretty sure the ultimate goal of hockey is to score more goals, not agitate. What good is Marchand agitating the Capitals and Caps fans if the Bruins keep getting dominated by Washington?

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016

Yes, Lars Eller decided to fight Marchand just for the hell of it. Because, you know, that thug Lars Eller just can't wait to goon it up for no reason.

[Mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009

Learn hockey.

If Oshie gave Accairi a cheap mugging the game prior, I'd expect him to throw them and be disappointed in him if he didn't.

If Wilson had jumped Chara I'd expect them to want to go. It's a season series and you're answering now to avoid things getting out of hand later, so hiding behind the value of a few second period minutes isn't going to cut it.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
happy for eller he won the fight, got the revenge, mission accomplished. doesnt even matter what marchand does there.. whether he accepts the fight or turtles is irrelevant, he lost such privileges seasons ago. he will be dragged on the ice and i am not against a few punches while the refs sperates them. boston can have the pp/moral victory or whatever u like to call this incident. caps/eller move on.

Rydan

Oct 23, 2018
so when eller doesnt want to fight, marchand can press the issue
when eller does wants to fight, marchand gets the right to decline ?

Eller has a legit beef with marchand who forced him into a fight that eller wanted nothing to do with, but when Eller wants to go when he's willing, you think marchand gets to say
" thanks but no" ?

big. fat. pass.
If Eller is gonna stand and ask Marchand for who knows what, yeah he can say no? i dont care who have "rights" to do what to who.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
If Eller is gonna stand and ask Marchand for who knows what, yeah he can say no? i dont care who have "rights" to do what to who.
Funny Brooks orpik never got to say " I'd rather not settle"

Funny indeed. I guess Marchand should go all Kris kreiderey and run goalies and then hide behind his reticence, again.

In for a penny, in for a pound

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Yeah so much better is no one ever has to answer for anything on the ice.

So so so much better.
maybe they should hire people who deal with players breaking the rules. They could be neutral to the game and just make sure players aren't breaking rules. Maybe even have higher ups who could respond to plays missed live with video review.

Seriously, other sports don't need ridiculous codes, they just have rules.

Rydan

Oct 23, 2018
Funny Brooks orpik never got to say " I'd rather not settle"

Funny indeed. I guess Marchand should go all Kris kreiderey and run goalies and then hide behind his reticence, again.

In for a penny, in for a pound
Orpik did say" I'd rather not settle"
Ugh I rather not have Marchand running goalies, but if u want to see that who am i to say u cant.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
maybe they should hire people who deal with people breaking the rules. They could be neutral to the game and just make sure players aren't breaking rules. Maybe even have higher ups who could respond to plays missed live with video review.

I'm not sure but I think they already have those things. And yet players still cheap shot each other all the time. And even more shocking, some players don't feel that getting a 2 min or even a 5 min PP out of it constitutes equal justice. Hence, "the code".

Some of us are old enough to remember when weak teams would simply assault other teams superstars, so the teams with superstars eventually hired these guys called enforcers to protect their stars. It was a magical time back then because there were no refs anywhere to be found. But the NHL has all that silly stuff completely fixed now.

Reactions: mrv52

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm not sure but I think they already have those things. And yet players still cheap shot each other all the time. And even more shocking, some players don't feel that getting a 2 min or even a 5 min PP out of it constitutes equal justice. Hence, "the code".

Some of us are old enough to remember when weak teams would simply assault other teams superstars, so the teams with superstars eventually hired these guys called enforcers to protect their stars. It was a magical time back then because there were no refs anywhere to be found. But the NHL has all that silly stuff completely fixed now.
The league is terrible at enforcing rules, that's certainly true. But that's not an argument for the code. That just means the league needs to do a better job. If the goal is to get rid of dirty hits and whatnot, I assume the problem with those things is because they cause injury. So how is punching people the way to solve that problem? :laugh:

Reactions: td_ice

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
maybe they should hire people who deal with players breaking the rules. They could be neutral to the game and just make sure players aren't breaking rules. Maybe even have higher ups who could respond to plays missed live with video review.

Maybe you can wish for a pony while you are at it.

The players are accountable to each other on the ice. That's not gonna change.

Don"t believe me? Run a goalie and then try to hide behind a reticence to settle.

Let me know how that works out.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Maybe you can wish for a pony while you are at it.

The players are accountable to each other on the ice. That's not gonna change.

Don"t believe me? Run a goalie and then try to hide behind a reticence to settle.

Let me know how that works out.
why does it work in every other sport? Because the league does a better job of dealing with the people causing the problems, so they don't need the players to enforce the rules. Seriously, what happens when a football player throws a punch? He's ejected. Simple as that. The NHL needs to actually enforce it's own rules like very other sports league seems to be able to do.

Reactions: td_ice

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
The league is terrible at enforcing rules, that's certainly true. But that's not an argument for the code. That just means the league needs to do a better job. If the goal is to get rid of dirty hits and whatnot, I assume the problem with those things is because they cause injury. So how is punching people the way to solve that problem? :laugh:

The league could eliminate all these cheap things, retaliation stuff, fights, all of it, if it wanted to, and turn it into, I dunno, volleyball or something. But the league likes its edgy thing it has had going for a hundred years or so. The league honestly doesn't even care one bit about players brains, but they do care about losing multi billion dollar lawsuits so they try halfheartedly to protect players heads.

The fact that a fight gets you 5 out of 60 minutes in the box shows just how little the NHL wants to remove fighting, and so the "code" lives on.

Reactions: Ogrezilla
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad