Marchand Refuses to fight Against Eller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
I'm going to hold off on trading Eller in my fantasy league for a bit yet now.

VERY deep league btw 8D

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Oh my god you're still going. Wow.

1. "Maybe" the other Bruins weren't licking Tampa. No, the answer you're looking for is "I made something up". You were wrong, it's okay it happens.

2. You're right, games played definitely dont matter in point totals. Shame on Giroux, Hall, Bergeron, Marchand, Matthews, Marner, etc for allowing Eller to score well above his career pace and barely outscore them in double (or more) the games.
*let's also ignore Eller has never had as many points as Marchand has goals in a season

3. It was definitely Marchands fault the Bruins lost to Tampa because he licked someone (also ignoring he didn't even get a penalty). His 8pts in 5games were irrelevant because he licked some guys and the whole Bruins team was so grossed out they decided to lose on purpose, because reasons??? It definitely had nothing to do with 0 secondary scoring or mediocre goaltending or an injured defense. It was all Marchand and him "only" scoring a 1.6ppg pace.

4. Clearly you did not watch that playoff round (and also ignored his entire career) because he has played like this literally his entire life :laugh:

Keep going, this is getting fun.

Lol, just more and more endless excuses to defend your crush. Doesn't change the facts that Marchand lost his team a playoff round against the team Eller had a huge part in beating last year, that Eller outscored him in the playoffs last year, that Marchand is perfectly happy to fight a 4th liner like Eller as long as he gets to sucker punch him and that Eller has beaten Marchand's team every single time they've faced off since he's been a member of the Caps.

But hey, maybe if you keep at it long enough Marchand will lick your special spot too :biglaugh:Though it seems like you'd prefer it the other way around

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
That's great that you said the right things, but Marchand himself said he's too important to leave the ice in a 1-0 game, so really I'm asking what he's thinking, not what you're thinking.
I don’t know what he’s thinking about in that particular moment. How the hell am I? I’m watching the game through a television. If I knew what an NHL player was thinking, I’d make a pretty damn good sports doctor.

That was kinda, uhh, dumb.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Lol, just more and more endless excuses to defend your crush. Doesn't change the facts that Marchand lost his team a playoff round against the team Eller had a huge part in beating last year, that Eller outscored him in the playoffs last year, that Marchand is perfectly happy to fight a 4th liner like Eller as long as he gets to sucker punch him and that Eller has beaten Marchand's team every single time they've faced off since he's been a member of the Caps.

But hey, maybe if you keep at it long enough Marchand will lick your special spot too :biglaugh:Though it seems like you'd prefer it the other way around
Secondary scoring lost the Bruins the post season against a much deeper team, by the way.

Reactions: nbwingsfan

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
This is LOL. He hit Eller multiple times in the head before "squaring up" with him. I'm sure those first few head shots has NO adverse impact on Eller. Didnt feel a thing and was fresh and ready for the "fight".

You are being a HUGE homer here. Best to just admit that and let the rest of it go.

Hey now that's about as fair a fight as you'll get from a Bruin. Remember Thornton on Orpik?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Marchand beat up Eller night one.
Eller wanted to fight Marchand the next game against the Bruins.
Should Marchand have fought? Absolutely.
Did he look like a bitch? Absolutely.

As a Bruins fan, I don’t really know what you guys want me to say here?

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Did he look like a *****? Absolutely.

Nothing, you seem to get it. It's just heartbreaking that the Big Bad Bruins have devolved into scared spot pickers hiding behind Chara's skirt and some of their fans are actually defending it.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Did he look like a *****? Absolutely.

Tell it to PatriceBergeronFan :D . He's the one doing backflips to defend BM to the wall here.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Nothing, you seem to get it. It's just heartbreaking that the Big Bad Bruins have devolved into scared spot pickers hiding behind Chara's skirt and some of their fans are actually defending it.
See it’s kind of posts like these that kind of get reactions from people. “Charas skirt” are you implying that he’s not tough and is a “p***y”

I don’t think this is a sensible post at all. There’s no “big bad” anything in this league anymore, that pretty much goes for every team except Vegas, they employ the toughest guy in the NHL.

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
Ask his teammates what they thought about his turtling. I can guarantee they aren't thrilled with him balking there. That kind of thing can hurt the chemistry of a team.

Big bad Bruins are dead and gone.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I think Marchand has established a long time ago that he's not an honorable guy. Eller got played, when you play Marchand's game you always loose.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Ask his teammates what they thought about his turtling. I can guarantee they aren't thrilled with him balking there. That kind of thing can hurt the chemistry of a team.

They’ve been gone for a long time. I for one am pretty disgusted by the way they play these days.

Physically they’re playing the type of hockey Bruins fans once hated.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

Ah the personal attacks. The sure fire sign someone has lost an argument and has nothing else to say.

But yes, keep thinking that an unpenalized play lost the Bruins the series, not the injuries, mediocre goaltending, and lack of secondary scoring while ignoring Marchand had 8pts in 5games. That lick lost the Bruins the cup, clearly. Keep being proud that Eller had one extra point in 12 extra games (hes clearly better than Hall too, right?). I also like the new line that Eller singlehandedly beats the Bruins all on his own, that's a fun one!

*P.S: Wings fan here. I just get a genuine enjoyment at how players like Marchand/Wilson get fans so riled up that they say the most ridiculous things (like you keep doing....Over and over and over again).

Reactions: OldFESeides

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

You ask them, and be sure to tell us all what they think!

nickyb

May 5, 2004
I'm sure it has been mentioned........but I love how Eller / Oshie make pointed comments when they suit up with an A+ guy like Tom Wilson.......let the hilarity ensue!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'm sure it has been mentioned........but I love how Eller / Oshie make pointed comments when they suit up with an A+ guy like Tom Wilson.......let the hilarity ensue!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Wilson also refused to fight Chara on serveral occasions last night. No thread, though.

Reactions: Mully

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I'm confused... Have you ever played hockey on a team? Have you seen a teammate turtle? How did you feel about it?

If someone tried to fight him in a close game and he didn't want to? Yeah really didn't care.

Sure we hell didn't ruin our whole teams morale :laugh:

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I think this one could be justified. Landeskog tried to take his head off, and Marchand gave it right back to him.

That's a tit-for-tat type situation.

Nah tit for tat for would be biding your time and taking a predatory run as part of the play.

Policing would be either you or your teammate challenging him and dropping the gloves.

Casually skating over to a guy for a single quick strike punch when you've got scrum and lineys to hide with so you know you won't get tagged back is completely gutless.

Reactions: kicksavedave

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Ah the personal attacks. The sure fire sign someone has lost an argument and has nothing else to say.

But yes, keep thinking that an unpenalized play lost the Bruins the series, not the injuries, mediocre goaltending, and lack of secondary scoring while ignoring Marchand had 8pts in 5games. That lick lost the Bruins the cup, clearly. Keep being proud that Eller had one extra point in 12 extra games (hes clearly better than Hall too, right?). I also like the new line that Eller singlehandedly beats the Bruins all on his own, that's a fun one!

*P.S: Wings fan here. I just get a genuine enjoyment at how players like Marchand/Wilson get fans so riled up that they say the most ridiculous things (like you keep doing....Over and over and over again).

Lol I don't mind Marchand's play at all, his gutlessness permeates the entire team and is one of the main reasons I can safely buy tickets for any Caps Bruins game knowing the caps will comfortably win and the Bruins will do something stupid.

Obviously you're a stat watcher and think that's all there is to hockey (unless it's Lars Eller putting up the stats, then they don't count, who cares about his 7 points in 7 games against Tampa put up as a shutdown C), but yeah, a bunch of grown ass men battling for every inch of the ice will get demoralized when one of them is running around trying to prove that he's the biggest bitch in the building. There's your "secondary scoring" and "goaltending". If Wilson was pulling the same antics the caps wouldn't be winning anything except facepalm contests.

Reactions: Bladerunner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad