Managerial merry Go round part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Arsenal have a bunch of good players with immense passion that where held back by Unai Emery. I can't wait to be proved right. Just wait.

Being in the CL doesn't matter if you aren't a top team with a chance of winning it, Mönchengladbach don't fit that description. I don't think Rose sees that as important at all when he gets the opportunity to manage a fallen giant, having the opportunity to bring them back to the top with one of the best youth crops in Europe.

Leno has the second highest save percentage in the Premier League with the most saves out of any keeper and has been our player of the season. He is one of the best keepers in europe. BMG have better CBs and a better midfield though, that is true.
Being in the CL sure as hell matters and you are calling the wrong person delusional. The one that thinks 75% or Arsenal is world class and is only being held back by the manager is the delusional one.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
The one that thinks 75% or Arsenal is world class and is only being held back by the manager is the delusional one.

Stop constantly fabricating lies about what I have said, I never said that. We have 2-3 world class players and are being held back by far more than the manager, but Emery was a massive reason behind our struggles. All I have said is that our squad is good enough to push for the top 4 with a proper manager!

Being in the CL is a small bonus but it is hardly make or break as you are trying to make it sound. Appointments of Conte and Klopp from clubs in very similar situations to Arsenal have shown that.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Stop constantly fabricating lies about what I have said, I never said that. We have 2-3 world class players and are being held back by far more than the manager, but Emery was a massive reason behind our struggles. All I have said is that our squad is good enough to push for the top 4 with a proper manager!

Being in the CL is a small bonus but it is hardly make or break as you are trying to make it sound. Appointments of Conte and Klopp from clubs in very similar situations to Arsenal have shown that.
You don’t even have 3-4 world class players. You have 1 and he’s borderline. You definitely said the squad could push for the title over the summer. It is make or break. If you think Conte going to Chelsea or Inter is anywhere near what it would take for a manager to want to go to Arsenal well shit you’re more of a homer than I thought. Honestly same with Klopp. He was promised money and the ability to build his squad something that won’t happen at Arsenal.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
You don’t even have 3-4 world class players. You have 1 and he’s borderline. You definitely said the squad could push for the title over the summer. It is make or break. If you think Conte going to Chelsea or Inter is anywhere near what it would take for a manager to want to go to Arsenal well **** you’re more of a homer than I thought. Honestly same with Klopp. He was promised money and the ability to build his squad something that won’t happen at Arsenal.

I never once said we could push for the title, ever! Look at my post history please. Lacazette and Aubameyang are world class without a shadow of a doubt, and the way Leno is playing, he might be too.

What I was ridiculed for saying was that our squad was as good as the Tottenham squad, and good enough to finish third or fourth. The things I have been called out for saying before the season is that Tottenham is overrated and sh*t, things I got a lot more stick for than for calling Arsenal great, but you like to make up your own narrative of what I have said.

Klopp came into a side that had a much lower budget than Arsenal, and a team that was a million times worse. Conte going to Chelsea and Inter are examples of underperforming sider getting their man. Chelsea finished 10th the season before, and the squad looked poor. It is a very similar situation. At Arsenal, while the owners are horrible, the budget is considerably larger than it was at Liverpool before Klopp started to transform them or at Inter where Conte went.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I never once said we could push for the title, ever! Look at my post history please. Lacazette and Aubameyang are world class without a shadow of a doubt, and the way Leno is playing, he might be too.

What I was ridiculed for saying was that our squad was as good as the Tottenham squad, and good enough to finish third or fourth. The things I have been called out for saying before the season is that Tottenham is overrated and sh*t, things I got a lot more stick for than for calling Arsenal great, but you like to make up your own narrative of what I have said.

Klopp came into a side that had a much lower budget than Arsenal, and a team that was a million times worse. Conte going to Chelsea and Inter are examples of underperforming sider getting their man. Chelsea finished 10th the season before, and the squad looked poor. It is a very similar situation. At Arsenal, while the owners are horrible, the budget is considerably larger than it was at Liverpool before Klopp started to transform them or at Inter where Conte went.
Here’s on fun one saying that if you didn’t have Guendouzi you’d be better than Pool and almost as good as City.
Here is me backing up my City/ Liverpool claim.In the 13 games Guendouzi didnt start, Arsenals win percentage was 82%. Over the course of the season, City had a win percentage of 84%, and Liverpools was 80%.
Here’s another fun one where you pick the best Arsenal players and compare them to squad players on Spurs
Winks is not good at all, Holding is a lot better than Sanchez, Alli is decent I will admit, and do you seriously think Foyth is a good prospect? Don’t make me laugh
Bellerin and Holding > Foyth and Sanchez ( the king of errors, Tottenhams Mustafi) by a huge distance
Torriera > Winks
Alli > Iwobi
Coming through the academy at the moment, Spurs basically have no one at all.
Here’s another one with you saying Emery is a promising coach. That’s interesting how fast you turned.
Not really, Arsenal have tons of young talent and a promising manager who is just starting to implement his ideas along with a new defensive coaching straff. Arsenal where one point of the top 4, it is not like they are far below Chelsea or Sp*rs. Arsenal would have had if the referee didn’t rob Arsenal of a win against Sp*rs in the NLD. If Emery didn’t rest players for half the season Arsenal would have finished third most likely. The owner is very concerning of course but our future ceirtainly does not look worse than for Tottenham or United, at least not considering they haven’t signed

also obviously Lacazette and his 5 goals this season are world class. Considering you like to say he’s better than Son, Kane, and Alli who all have better or equal goals. Leno is no where near world class and Auba is the one I was referring to.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Here’s on fun one saying that if you didn’t have Guendouzi you’d be better than Pool and almost as good as City.
Never said we would be as good as them, in fact if you look later you will see I said we wouldn’t be close even without Guendouzi. I just used it as an interesting stat to prove how much better we are without him.

Here’s another fun one where you pick the best Arsenal players and compare them to squad players on Spurs

Here’s another one with you saying Emery is a promising coach. That’s interesting how fast you turned.

also obviously Lacazette and his 5 goals this season are world class. Considering you like to say he’s better than Son, Kane, and Alli who all have better or equal goals. Leno is no where near world class and Auba is the one I was referring to.

Never said we would be as good as Liverpool and City without Guendouzi, never ever even implied it. In fact if you look later you will see I said we wouldn’t be close even without Guendouzi. I just used it as an interesting stat to prove how much better we are without him

Lacazettes 5 goals are a reason to why he is world class, considering he has a better goals per minute than Son, Kane, Auba and Alli. He has been injured almost all season. How can you completely ignore that to once again try and twist the truth in your favour? How is Leno, the goalkeeper with the most saves and the second best save percentage in the best league, not world class?

All I said about the Arsenal and Spurs players there is reasonable.

Emery is our worst coach ever, there I was blinded, I will admit. I always hated his style of play but I was falsely encouraged by all the scraped odd goal wins.

Last edited:
Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Marcelino would be an awesome get, I totally forgot about him, but alas it sounds like he doesn't think he'll get the job due to the language barrier and what happened with Emery. That and Napoli just fired Ancelotti...he is still beyond overrated, but is experienced and speaks English. Much prefer Nagelsmann or Marcelino as a long-term replacement, but I would be surprised now if we don't hire Ancelotti if he wants the job.

Why would Rose want to leave a league that he’s top of the table for a mediocre team?
Come on mang, this is just nonsense. Arsenal is a premium job as it's right in the best part of the football world, in a city where everyone wants to live, playing for a rich club with a ton of history. Besides the city part, the same applies for Manchester United and how they could probably get Rose as well.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
You know how you were wondering why everyone was saying you were a homer. Next time just look back at this post. Arsenal are mediocre at best with ****ty owners. They have overpaid players who only care about money. That little club is going to be in the CL while Arsenal will be lucky to be in the EL. Also BMG has the best Keeper, CB, DM by far and the rest of their team isn’t far behind Arsenal’s.
This is so insanely wrong...

- Sommer is 30 years old and doesn't have that many seasons left.
- Ginter is the best CB? You must surely be joking here...
- Torreira is as good as Zakaria is, but is being played out of position constantly.

Reactions: AB13

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
It’s non Arsenal responding to delusional Arsenal fans that think the best managers want to go to a sinking ship.

Why do you care so much?

I mean it's sad that you're so mad that you go full Pejorative Slur and try to argue that Arsenal is mediocre at best and that a manager wouldn't move from Gladbach to Arsenal.

Reactions: AB13

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Why do you care so much?

I mean it's sad that you're so mad that you go full ****** and try to argue that Arsenal is mediocre at best and that a manager wouldn't move from Gladbach to Arsenal.
No one has answered why someone would lead a team THAT IS ON TOP OF A TABLE for a team that’s as close to the relegation zone as they are to the top 4. Arsenal is absolutely mediocre at best.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
No one has answered why someone would lead a team THAT IS ON TOP OF A TABLE for a team that’s as close to the relegation zone as they are to the top 4. Arsenal is absolutely mediocre at best.

Mediocre at best finished above your sorry ass club last year and are only 2 pts off after their worse run in years. Keep going full Pejorative Slur just like how you claim Almiron would start for a top EPL club.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Chelsea was a sinking ship multiple seasons and got *top-rate* managers until Lampard.
After Jose, Hiddink didn’t have a job, Conte wanted to get back into club football and they finished first the season before, with Sarri again they did finish 5th the season but the season before that they won the league. All of these were the off season. Sarri was the only one that left a club. Arsenal last won the league in 03-04 and hasn’t finished top 4 in 3 seasons and are looking like they won’t again.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Mediocre at best finished above your sorry ass club last year and are only 2 pts off after their worse run in years. Keep going full ****** just like how you claim Almiron would start for a top EPL club.
Almiron would walk into your team. Man United are mediocre too. Never said they weren’t. Ones in a position to play in Europe next season, the other is barely in the top half of the table though.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Almiron would walk into your team. Man United are mediocre too. Never said they weren’t. Ones in a position to play in Europe next season, the other is barely in the top half of the table though.

You speak as if they're miles apart. And LOL about your Almiron comment. Like it's OK to back off if you're wrong. But you just go head on.

And if you want an answer to your question les habs already answered it. But it was too good of an answer for you so you choose to ignore it and continue to go down the path of stupidity.

Reactions: S E P H

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
You speak as if they're miles apart. And LOL about your Almiron comment. Like it's OK to back off if you're wrong. But you just go head on.

And if you want an answer to your question les habs already answered it. But it was too good of an answer for you so you choose to ignore it and continue to go down the path of stupidity.
No it didn’t answer the question. So basically because money. Why don’t you look up how much money actually affects someone’s decision? There’s legitimate studies that suggest it doesn’t affect someone’s decision all that much after they make like 70k a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad