Managerial merry Go round part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Is that really important to a German that played his entire career in Germany? Money okay fine but it’s not like he’s getting chump change at BMG.
As a German I can tell you it doesn't matter. Fact is though he just started at Gladbach this rummer. Before that he was at Salzburg for 2 years. IMO at 43yo with just just 2 1/2 years in pro football under his belt(Austria and Germany) it is way too early to join a top club in Europe.
BTW Klopp was a mediocre player on a bad club in Germany and he came to Pool after a successful stint at Dortmund.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
On the contrary, I thought he was. But there's only so far he could take their team. They were only a point away from a CL position. His successors have done even worse and they have a few better options + Piatek for the whole season.
Maybe in the games I watched but Milan were piss poor.

Reactions: Power Man

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I'm not sure Gerrard is the likely successor. I'm sure he'll get an interview, and that the process will be discussed, but I don't know. I think Pep Lijnders is the guy Klopp would put in charge if it were up to him. I will say, Lampard doing really well helps Gerrard's case (Rodgers too to some extent). But at least now they'll make some transition from this current roster into a newer one instead of saddling the next guy with a complete rebuild.

I also know that it doesn't mean Klopp is staying until then (though he might certainly stay a bit longer than expected). I don't think he has any problem walking and leaving money on the table if it came to it. But the talk is it's better/easier for recruitment this summer.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I don't know that it means he is going to see it out to 2024. Klopp moves to the beat of his own drum. But I do expect he'll be here for at least another few seasons. It also makes it way easier to sell to players moving to Liverpool.

It also was certainly out of the blue. It looked like talks had broken down this summer when FSG had wanted to sign him to an extension.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I don't know that it means he is going to see it out to 2024. Klopp moves to the beat of his own drum. But I do expect he'll be here for at least another few seasons. It also makes it way easier to sell to players moving to Liverpool.

It also was certainly out of the blue. It looked like talks had broken down this summer when FSG had wanted to sign him to an extension.

I do. He is addicted to football. He had said he was going to take a break when he left Dortmund and changed his mind rather rapidly. If he makes it to the end of that contract and really does leave he'll have another job within four months.

The best managers have a very difficult time taking a break unless bad results make them decide to. In this case, it seems that this run with Liverpool has validated Klopp's methods to himself and there is no need to take a break.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Considering he has his new training ground, a CL and maybe EPL winning side, boatloads of cash and a good management/scouting team, City needing to rebuild a touch with Pep maybe thinking of going, why not stay and enjoy the fruits for a few seasons?

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Arteta repoetedly close to being named new permanent Arsenal manager. One of his assistants may be Xabi Alonso.

Reactions: S E P H

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Arteta repoetedly close to being named new permanent Arsenal manager. One of his assistants may be Xabi Alonso.
This was posted by Sun football

DE5AEFD0-4CBE-45DB-8BEF-6B43EF56ED70.jpeg

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Not sure how Carlo's gonna do at Everton. He won't attract "A list" players regardless of his name, it's still Everton.
He'll have to play "his" football with players that just might not be suited for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad