Managerial merry Go round part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, as much as some of the defenders try and paint it, he's only there because he had a good run of form, and did right the ship for a time. But he's not a great manager. Ole's not good enough, and hasn't gotten enough out of some of the players to keep the job if they keep going how it's going. They should get Poch while they can, and give him the budget to go out and change the squad. It isn't completely Ole's fault that they're not good enough, but it isn't like they haven't spent money. Man United shouldn't have to play counter attacking to get anything done. Especially not against sides they should beat.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
The Poch rumors are swirling again for United.

Woodward hired Ole in part bc he knew the ex players, fans and media wouldn’t go as hard at him as they do managers form outside the circle. Now he’s f***ed. Gonna get hammered for keeping him, and hammered for firing him.
He'd certainly be an upgrade. I still don't think it will matter who the manager is as long as Woodward is running the show. Unless we can somehow clone SAF to be in his 40's again.

Reactions: PeteWorrell

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
He'd certainly be an upgrade. I still don't think it will matter who the manager is as long as Woodward is running the show. Unless we can somehow clone SAF to be in his 40's again.

I agree to an extent. Woodward sucks, and they need to get him out of football operations to take the next step. But you can't blame all of this on transfers. The roster has holes, but there is plenty of talent to make it work. Far too many games there doesn't seem to be a plan. People talking about getting back to the United "attack attack attack" mentality after Jose. Ole's best results has come when he sets up in 3-5-2 and counters better teams. There is not a cohesive identity/strategy overall on a week to week basis.

You have to look at the manager and ask if he's gotten the best out of what he has, and if he has the plan in place to succeed moving forward. I don't think so. And at that point, what are we doing?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He probably wont be able to compete with LFC/City due to Woodward handcuffing him but he would definitely be better than what this is. Top 4 would be very attainable.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I agree to an extent. Woodward sucks, and they need to get him out of football operations to take the next step. But you can't blame all of this on transfers. The roster has holes, but there is plenty of talent to make it work. Far too many games there doesn't seem to be a plan. People talking about getting back to the United "attack attack attack" mentality after Jose. Ole's best results has come when he sets up in 3-5-2 and counters better teams. There is not a cohesive identity/strategy overall on a week to week basis.

You have to look at the manager and ask if he's gotten the best out of what he has, and if he has the plan in place to succeed moving forward. I don't think so. And at that point, what are we doing?
You can blame a whole lot of it on transfers. Considering their best lineup has at least 3 players playing out of their natural position and at least 3 players playing over their head, it can definitely be blamed on transfers.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

It's a trickle down effect. I mean Mou and LVG are very good and established managers as well, but were hamstrung by the boards incompetence. Their squads weren't quite this good, but the incompetence has made it's way through the entire club. Ole absolutely deserves his fair share of the blame, but it all starts at the top and as long as they have no clue what they're doing it's going to hamstring the club.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Erik Hamren will resign as Iceland manager after the end of this international break. The candidates are all domestic coaches including Hallgrimsson who managed them at the World Cup (he is currently coaching in the Middle East)

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Marco Rose is absolute world class as a manager. Could make Dortmund compete with Bayern.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I watched the last few Gladbach games. If Dortmund played like that, they'd want to fire Rose too. I like Rose and clearly he's doing a very solid job in Gladbach. But who's top of the table now? Leverkusen managed by the Peter Bosz they gave 6 months in Dortmund.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
A better source is now confirming the same. Sorry @cgf. I'm sure you guys will find a good manager. Eberl knows what he's doing. Someone like Matarazzo would make a lot of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad