Managerial merry Go round part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Rajevac has been sacked by Thailand after their loss to India in the opening match of the Asian Cup. Rajevac has done very little since his 2010 Ghana performance

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Yeah, doesn't really seem like the kind of job he's been waiting around for. But who knows, the life there beats England ;)

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Haha. The idealist Wenger to Qatar? I really hope that is not true.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Report in the Czech news that Perez wants to sign Mourinho, he just needs to wait for him to wrap up his United severance. I know it's far-out click-bait, but I still like to dream

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Marcelino's days are numbered. Only the next 2 games are guaranteed apparently. Who ever gets him will get a great coach. Valencia are just a waste.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Aitor Karanka resigns as Nottingham Forest manager though he was probably getting sacked soon regardless.

Bernd Stange becomes the 2nd manager to be sacked during the Asian Cup group stage as he leaves Syria after 1 point from 2 matches with their toughest game yet coming up vs. Australia

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I saw Mou to Madrid or Inter. It looks like Mou wants one of them but the clubs don’t.

The article I read about it said it was Perez in paritcular who's interested in bringing him in. That Perez didn't actually want to get rid of him in the first place, but the players made it impossible to keep him. I can imagine they have an opinion on bringing him back too...

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Wagner out at Huddersfield.

Good manager. Didn’t get much support.

Agreed, but when you don't have money to make a difference as Huddersfield doesn't, you need to get as much as humanly possible to come from the managers which is why you see so many fired from the smaller teams. Sunderland went through like 15 managers to stay in the EPL as long as possible. Soton has had like 6 and Newcastle had more before Benitz decided to cut years off his life from all the stress.

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
Shame to see Wagner go, sadly its the reality of life in the Premier League.

Interesting how much Huddersfield are trying to frame this as Wagner wanting to go rather than them wanting to make a change. Would be interesting to know how accurate that actually is.

Suspect we will see the usual names linked (Moyes, Big Sam).

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Don't think Huddersfield is that attractive of a job right now for even those guys to take it due to probable relegation. I suspect they will have an eye towards the Championship and the next hire will be somebody with success and experience there like a Jokanovic/Karanka/Rowett type. But who knows, its still the Premier League and I know Allardyce was a former player there too, I even see Pardew is being mentioned and he is probably desperate enough :laugh:

Anyway, Martin O'Neill set to be named new Nottingham Forest manager, which will be his first club job since 2013 when he was with Sunderland. He of course played for Forest in the 70s and won 2 European Cups with them

Last edited:
Reactions: ecemleafs

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Read a report that while doing beIN stuff in Qatar, Mourinho met with PSG's leadership to discuss bringing him in to replace Tuchel, whose results they are not satisfied with. What a tragic move that would be. The meeting is possible but I have a hard time believing they'd be stupid enough to do that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad