Managerial merry Go round part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If Arsenal is irrelevant on the football spectrum, then Liverpool is a piece of gum under a school bus' seat.

Did you hit your head in 2012 and only just now wake up or something?

ELaKuyKU4AAwKuv

24 points ahead of Arsenal in December. CL trophy in addition to that graphic. 33 league matches without losing. Ahead of Leicester by 8 points, ahead of City by 14 points, 22 points in the clear for CL qualification. Haven't lost a CL knockout tie in the entirety of the last two seasons.

Best team in the world. Period.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
No it didn’t answer the question. So basically because money. Why don’t you look up how much money actually affects someone’s decision? There’s legitimate studies that suggest it doesn’t affect someone’s decision all that much after they make like 70k a year.

Keep digging that hole.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Did you hit your head in 2012 and only just now wake up or something?

ELaKuyKU4AAwKuv

24 points ahead of Arsenal in December. CL trophy in addition to that graphic. 33 league matches without losing. Ahead of Leicester by 8 points, ahead of City by 14 points, 22 points in the clear for CL qualification. Haven't lost a CL knockout tie in the entirety of the last two seasons.

Best team in the world. Period.
Besides two random seasons, Liverpool was a disaster the ten previous years. I have absolutely no problem if you lot want to call Arsenal as irrelevant and small-minded club in the world, but walk the walk and own up instead of just writing one-way rubbish.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Besides two random seasons, Liverpool was a disaster the ten previous years. I have absolutely no problem if you lot want to call Arsenal as irrelevant and small-minded club in the world, but walk the walk and own up instead of just writing one-way rubbish.

They're hardly random and they won a trophy Arsenal's never won. This season will also not be the last time the team is strong. So yeah, keep up with your head in the sand.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Wow, that Almiron comment is just...wow...I legitimately laughed at that it was so so so wrong.
They're hardly random and they won a trophy Arsenal's never won. This season will also not be the last time the team is strong. So yeah, keep up with your head in the sand.
Those two were very successful seasons and yes my biggest dream above all else is Arsenal winning the CL.

No head in the sand here, but I very much dislike the mind-tricks being played. The Arsenal manager job is as good of a gig you could have, likewise when LFC fired Rodgers and hired Klopp. The timing might not work to get the best manager because even smaller clubs are able to hang on to lads until the offseason. However, to dismiss that Rose or Nagelsmann as two random examples wouldn't leave their current positions for Arsenal is faulty logic that reaps of salty mentality. For the record I am not saying you've done it here at all, just trying to explain the situation.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Nope. They don’t leave just for money. They leave for money+winning. Two things Arsenal can’t provide right now.

Yeah.

Just like Rodgers from Celtic to Leicester or Pogba from Juve to Manure.

I'm done with this. It's like talking to a flat earther.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Yeah.

Just like Rodgers from Celtic to Leicester or Pogba from Juve to Manure.

I'm done with this. It's like talking to a flat earther.
Yep. Just like Rodgers who is 2nd in the PL and Pogba who went to a team that had just hired Jose and finished 2nd in the PL. Great examples.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Yep. Just like Rodgers who is 2nd in the PL and Pogba who went to a team that had just hired Jose and finished 2nd in the PL. Great examples.

Rodgers actually won trophies at Celtic while Leicester was struggling and Pogba was in the CL finals while Man U struggled.

Keep pulling the 70k study that is meant for common folks. Jeez it's pretty sad you try so hard to discredit a team with your stupid arguments. I mean your team is stuck with Woodward and Ole so I guess I don't blame you in spending all your time trying to put another team down.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The reason Arsenal won't hire someone currently in a managerial job has more to do with trust than the state of their squad or place in the table or anything else.

A person out of a job is less likely to be picky and doesn't care. But, Arsenal has made five major changes in a pretty short period of time (Mislintat, Raul, Edu, Emery, Wenger). It's very difficult for a manager to leave a nice job for a situation like that where there's a clear lack of trust and stability. Rodgers left because he was desperate for any English job and Scottish football is the wilderness.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
The reason Arsenal won't hire someone currently in a managerial job has more to do with trust than the state of their squad or place in the table or anything else.

A person out of a job is less likely to be picky and doesn't care. But, Arsenal has made five major changes in a pretty short period of time (Mislintat, Raul, Edu, Emery, Wenger). It's very difficult for a manager to leave a nice job for a situation like that where there's a clear lack of trust and stability. Rodgers left because he was desperate for any English job and Scottish football is the wilderness.

Just to be clear AB just said Arsenal should look at Rose. I don't think anyone expects Rose or really any manager to leave mid season the way Rodgers did but then Shark Boy went full on with that and is arguing that someone like Rose would never leave for Arsenal even if it's at the end of the season.

I'm not sure stability is an issue now because the backroom staff is set. They were willing to give Emery support but it just got so bad that they have to get rid of him. I would say the pressure is what would deter managers from joining the club.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Just to be clear AB just said Arsenal should look at Rose. I don't think anyone expects Rose or really any manager to leave mid season the way Rodgers did but then Shark Boy went full on with that and is arguing that someone like Rose would never leave for Arsenal even if it's at the end of the season.

I'm not sure stability is an issue now because the backroom staff is set. They were willing to give Emery support but it just got so bad that they have to get rid of him. I would say the pressure is what would deter managers from joining the club.
God damn. There is not a single person that has answered my question. Why would Rose leave a team that is currently on the top of the table and where he’s getting paid pretty well for a team that isn’t even going to in European football next season?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Sorry for starting Arsenal vs. the world 3. Wasn't intending to was just making a jackass comment as a joke. My apologies.

I still don't think Arsenal is an attractive destination right now for the very best coaches (such as Rose, or Nagelsmann, who are in great positions themselves right now). Arsenal can still attract a very good coach though, but right now they need more than just a very good manager, and their management needs patience.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
God damn. There is not a single person that has answered my question. Why would Rose leave a team that is currently on the top of the table and where he’s getting paid pretty well for a team that isn’t even going to in European football next season?

NO ONE said he would leave RIGHT NOW! But you imply he wouldn't even leave even after the season.

And there already has been situations where a manager left a better situation with Rodgers.

Sorry for starting Arsenal vs. the world 3. Wasn't intending to was just making a jackass comment as a joke. My apologies.

I still don't think Arsenal is an attractive destination right now for the very best coaches (such as Rose, or Nagelsmann, who are in great positions themselves right now). Arsenal can still attract a very good coach though, but right now they need more than just a very good manager, and their management needs patience.

Management has A LOT of patience. Which is why they continued with Wenger and didn't really want to sack Emery.

It's going to take time to set the team right and I don't think anyone is arguing against that.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
NO ONE said he would leave RIGHT NOW! But you imply he wouldn't even leave even after the season.

And there already has been situations where a manager left a better situation with Rodgers.

Management has A LOT of patience. Which is why they continued with Wenger and didn't really want to sack Emery.

It's going to take time to set the team right and I don't think anyone is arguing against that.
Why was he even brought up then if he won’t go now since Arsenal want someone now? Honestly most likely scenario is Arteta coming after the season. I would say Henry would go if he didn’t literally just start with the Impact.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Why was he even brought up then if he won’t go now since Arsenal want someone now? Honestly most likely scenario is Arteta coming after the season. I would say Henry would go if he didn’t literally just start with the Impact.

Because it was a suggestion of a young manager that is doing well which is the preferred criteria that Arsenal fans and seemingly the Arsenal board want.

Then you go all out about how it's impossible for it to happen as if Arsenal is on the level of Stoke.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Because it was a suggestion of a young manager that is doing well which is the preferred criteria that Arsenal fans and seemingly the Arsenal board want.

Then you go all out about how it's impossible for it to happen as if Arsenal is on the level of Stoke.
It’s fully impossible to happen. Again he won’t leave for a team that’s on top of the table. Arsenal is at the level of Manchester United when Jose was fired. No good manager was going to want to go there.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

As I said earlier, I'm don't think the timing is right for Rose, but I wouldn't be so convinced it's impossible. To answer your question, it's really simply. Money, the ability to manage a bigger club and the ability to manage in the Premiership. There are three reasons right there.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
As I said earlier, I'm don't think the timing is right for Rose, but I wouldn't be so convinced it's impossible. To answer your question, it's really simply. Money, the ability to manage a bigger club and the ability to manage in the Premiership. There are three reasons right there.
Is that really important to a German that played his entire career in Germany? Money okay fine but it’s not like he’s getting chump change at BMG.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Is that really important to a German that played his entire career in Germany? Money okay fine but it’s not like he’s getting chump change at BMG.

I would imagine it is. This might be his best chance at a job like this. Sometimes when the opportunity presents itself you take it. Again, I don't think the timing is right, but plenty of positives to take the Arsenal role.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
You know how you were wondering why everyone was saying you were a homer. Next time just look back at this post. Arsenal are mediocre at best with ****ty owners. They have overpaid players who only care about money. That little club is going to be in the CL while Arsenal will be lucky to be in the EL. Also BMG has the best Keeper, CB, DM by far and the rest of their team isn’t far behind Arsenal’s.

People can mock Arsenal all they want, but BMG is going nowhere in the CL either. We've seen this pattern repeat over and over in the Bundesliga. He'd do well to consider cashing in this summer while his value is high, and by no means does it have to be Arsenal.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
You guys know that Dortmund and Bayern will have job openings, right

To say nothing else of the other teams around Europe who should have job openings. Anyway, Arsenal will pick Arteta.

Reactions: Gecklund
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad