Managerial merry Go round part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I'll wager that there's a good chance Rodgers takes the Arsenal job this summer if it's still available. He would make a lot more money in most likelihood. Even if he sees himself at Barca or Real, Arsenal is a higher level job no matter whether it actually is.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'll wager that there's a good chance Rodgers takes the Arsenal job this summer if it's still available. He would make a lot more money in most likelihood. Even if he sees himself at Barca or Real, Arsenal is a higher level job no matter whether it actually is.
Doubt it. Arsenal is much worse than Leicester now. They better be paying him a whole lot. I read on Twitter that Allegri and Arteta could come in in the summer with Freddie staying for the year.

Reactions: Cassano

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Doubt it. Arsenal is much worse than Leicester now. They better be paying him a whole lot. I read on Twitter that Allegri and Arteta could come in in the summer with Freddie staying for the year.

I don't disagree. But I wouldn't be shocked if he considers it. I don't think Rodgers is staying there forever. Some of that depends on what Arsenal would be willing to spend, and if others are willing to consider it before him.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I don't disagree. But I wouldn't be shocked if he considers it. I don't think Rodgers is staying there forever. Some of that depends on what Arsenal would be willing to spend, and if others are willing to consider it before him.
I have a feeling Arsenal see his price and go somewhere else.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Do you see how much Leicester is paying Rodgers right now? Arsenal are not going to pay more, and they're a much worse team right now. Given recent seasons and potential future outlook there's no guarantee it's a higher level job either. Rodgers has the potential right now to turn Leicester into one of the 'big 7' or whatever you want to call it for his tenure there if he can hold on to his players (if they finish 2nd this year I don't see why most if any would leave) and buy some more (the owners have done a lot for the team and aren't shy about spending). Leicester are in a very, very good position and it's a no-lose situation for Brendan. He has a chance to make his legacy there (ego boost) and if it goes wrong there are plenty of excuses that would still land him a good job somewhere else. The Arsenal job right now is all risk very little reward.

Reactions: Cassano and Blender

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Do you see how much Leicester is paying Rodgers right now? Arsenal are not going to pay more, and they're a much worse team right now. Given recent seasons and potential future outlook there's no guarantee it's a higher level job either. Rodgers has the potential right now to turn Leicester into one of the 'big 7' or whatever you want to call it.

Yeah the upper management at Leicester really seems to get it. They are incredibly well run, actually look to have some money to spend(and they are good at spending it as well), and I think that they have a real shot of creating a team that could consistently fight for top 6.

Reactions: Blender and YNWA14

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I personally find it silly how quickly managers get sacked. Even if you get relegated it doesn't mean another manager is better. If the 20 best managers in the world manage in the PL then why sack one the top 20 to replace him/her with a manager outside the top 20?

Yeah football is strange like that. I get that the "win now" mentality is exasperated due to relegation, but I don't see any benefit in firing a second manager in a season which seems to happen with some regularity.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Will be interesting to see how he does. On one hand he plays an attractive style and he’s quite likeable from afar but on the other hand he hasn’t been tested enough, had issues with past employers and if he does go to Arsenal he will be compared with Emery fairly or not but their comparable.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013

Ancelotti wouldn't be bad, but he isn't the right choice imo. And Marcelino's english could be an issue, especially after how much Emery's ineffective communication was talked about. I'd rather role the dice on Arteta or wait til summer to see if anyone else is available.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Ancelotti wouldn't be bad, but he isn't the right choice imo. And Marcelino's english could be an issue, especially after how much Emery's ineffective communication was talked about. I'd rather role the dice on Arteta or wait til summer to see if anyone else is available.
IDK if Ancelotti is okay with 2 seasons, but I would give him that. And then give Rafa whatever he wants when he returns from China in 2 yrs.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
The Arsenal board needs to look at Marco Rose, leading the Bundesliga with Mönchengladbach and playing attractive, high pressing football with incredible intensity. He seemingly excels at player development which could come in handy since we have a lot of talented youth. I am not joking when I say Marco Rose could be the second coming of Klopp.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Why do Arsenal need someone that can develop players? Arsenal already got the best players.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Nothing against Everton, but I doubt they are very appealing to someone who just coached Bayern. Kovac managed Eintracht Frankfurt, comparable to Everton and then got promoted to Bayern. Why would take a step back only a few weeks after he got sacked?
I don't know if this a good career plan.
But we will see.

Everton is EPL. EPL is the mecca for managers at the moment.

He's also linked to Arsenal, but I think he's more suited to Everton.

His system works better for teams that want to press, cause turnovers and retreat if the first wave of press doesn't work - then counter punch and just kill you opponent with pace and running.

Bayern was hardly suited for that, Arsenal would be even less so.

But I could see him doing similar things with Everton like he did with Frankfurt.
And I think he'd be a great pick up by Everton - and not so great by Arsenal.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
The Arsenal board needs to look at Marco Rose, leading the Bundesliga with Mönchengladbach and playing attractive, high pressing football with incredible intensity. He seemingly excels at player development which could come in handy since we have a lot of talented youth. I am not joking when I say Marco Rose could be the second coming of Klopp.
Why would Rose want to leave a league that he’s top of the table for a mediocre team?

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Why would Rose want to leave a league that he’s top of the table for a mediocre team?

Arsenal are an absolutely massive club, top managers want to manage the biggest clubs in the world. The size of the clubs fanbase, the clubs history and stature is a lot more important to most managers than the players he is working with. At the end of the season, he would no doubt leave little Mönchengladbach for Arsenal without hesitating, in the same way he would leave for another giant underperforming in the table like Milan, Bayern or United. The players he is currently working with are not that great either, he would work with a much better squad at Arsenal. Wherever Rose goes, he has the ability to work miracles, so the players are probably not the most important part.

Arsenal would also pay a lot more than Mönchengladbach where he has a small wage. The most likely destination is definitely Bayern after the season though.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Arsenal are an absolutely massive club, top managers want to manage the biggest clubs in the world. The size of the clubs fanbase, the clubs history and stature is a lot more important to most managers than the players he is working with. At the end of the season, he would no doubt leave little Mönchengladbach for Arsenal without hesitating, in the same way he would leave for another giant underperforming in the table like Milan, Bayern or United. The players he is currently working with are not that great either, he would work with a much better squad at Arsenal. Wherever Rose goes, he has the ability to work miracles, so the players are probably not the most important part.

Arsenal would also pay a lot more than Mönchengladbach where he has a small wage. The most likely destination is definitely Bayern after the season though.
You know how you were wondering why everyone was saying you were a homer. Next time just look back at this post. Arsenal are mediocre at best with shitty owners. They have overpaid players who only care about money. That little club is going to be in the CL while Arsenal will be lucky to be in the EL. Also BMG has the best Keeper, CB, DM by far and the rest of their team isn’t far behind Arsenal’s.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

No wonder all the top managers are lining up to coach Arsenal. I was a bit confused until this was explained.

Reactions: Gecklund

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
You know how you were wondering why everyone was saying you were a homer. Next time just look back at this post. Arsenal are mediocre at best with ****ty owners. They have overpaid players who only care about money. That little club is going to be in the CL while Arsenal will be lucky to be in the EL. Also BMG has the best Keeper, CB, DM by far and the rest of their team isn’t far behind Arsenal’s.

Arsenal have a bunch of good players with immense passion that where held back by Unai Emery. I can't wait to be proved right. Just wait.

Being in the CL doesn't matter if you aren't a top team with a chance of winning it, Mönchengladbach don't fit that description. I don't think Rose sees that as important at all when he gets the opportunity to manage a fallen giant, having the opportunity to bring them back to the top with one of the best youth crops in Europe.

Leno has the second highest save percentage in the Premier League with the most saves out of any keeper and has been our player of the season. He is one of the best keepers in europe. BMG have better CBs and a better midfield though, that is true.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
The question of Rose is timing. Right now with BMG doing so well it may not be the right time. However 5-6 months from now could be a very different story. At the end of the day Arsenal is a bigger club in a bigger league not to mention he gets a pay rise out of it.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
The question of Rose is timing. Right now with BMG doing so well it may not be the right time. However 5-6 months from now could be a very different story. At the end of the day Arsenal is a bigger club in a bigger league not to mention he gets a pay rise out of it.

The word is that Arsenal want someone immediately so you're right about timing. I don't even think he's being looked into at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad