NHL: Around the League 52

Il Stugotz

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
44 miles from Chicago
I doubt our 2013 forwards get out of the first round with these 6. McCabe and Edmundson are 2 and 3 in ice time (~20 mins a game)
IMG_3541.jpeg

Last edited:

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The thing is it’s been their offense, not defense that has let them down in the playoffs.

I think they just spent a lot of money on regular season warriors.
Yep. But honestly, Bruins hockey hasn't changed in 40 years. Their team game is second to none each and every season and seem to always be built for the playoffs. They beat the Leafs in every aspect of the game and reduce Leafs offense to one and done with their style. Add an underrated Swayman to the mix and we have a no contest. It's the same story every time they meet in the playoffs.

Reactions: Paul Allen

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I'm so stupid. I had Colorado winning over Winnipeg based on star power and coaching in the first draft of my bracket, but I overthought it and switched to Winnipeg because of depth and goaltending.

Ah well.

I'd give my left nut to watch Makar play for the Hawks.

I think Colorado turns down that trade.

Now we know what everybody else felt watching Keith play for us. A do-everything #1D is just such a weapon in modern hockey. 30 minutes of problem per night for the other team.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I remember people saying they would like Mathews on the Hawks. Hell to the no if that ever happens unless we already have playoff performers and he is complimentary. The pressure.....their core cannot handle it. And he looks scared during the playoffs most of the time. Guessing marner gets shopped at Tavares has one more year left.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Winnipeg might be headed to the bottom sooner rather than later. Looking at their potential defense next year and in two years vs defensive prospects they have, they’re going to need a major retool if not a rebuild.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Winnipeg might be headed to the bottom sooner rather than later. Looking at their potential defense next year and in two years vs defensive prospects they have, they’re going to need a major retool if not a rebuild.

I'd take Morrissey off their hands for the right price if they ever decided to tear it down.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The Van/Nashvile game was a yawner until the last 3 minutes. Canucks score 2 with goalie pulled and between goals, Preds hit the post with the net empty. LOL

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I'm so stupid. I had Colorado winning over Winnipeg based on star power and coaching in the first draft of my bracket, but I overthought it and switched to Winnipeg because of depth and goaltending.

Ah well.

I think Colorado turns down that trade.

Now we know what everybody else felt watching Keith play for us. A do-everything #1D is just such a weapon in modern hockey. 30 minutes of problem per night for the other team.
For those who never saw Bobby Orr play.... think a more physical Makar on steroids.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
And Canucks pull off the comeback! 4-3 final to take 3-1 lead in the series.

Only the 8th team in NHL history to score 2 late goals with their net empty and win in OT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad