Rumor: Luke Schenn Deal Done? (Update: #400)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
I think any playoff team would give a 3rd for him. He'd be great depth considering what he brings and his expdrience. So, if a trade is to happen, then my guess is there would be a bit of a bidding war and someone would offer a 2nd or a prospect worth a 2nd. This would be the best offer and Van takes it

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
These insiders don’t know shit, Rick said Schenn went home for trade related reasons only later to find out he was wrong and it was for family reasons. Their just guessing and speculating for views because that’s how they get paid money.
No, he was being sat out for purposes of trade but Schenn asked if he could go back home and be with his family until the situation is resolved rather than stay with the team.

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006
Does anyone want to predict what he will get? Remember this is not what you think he should get, but what he will get back.

I am thinking is a 3rd + lesser prospect or a 2nd + cap dump from the other team

I'm going to agree with you. I think his value is a 3rd never a 2nd like some of the Vancouver Twitterverse think. He will only get a 2nd or more if Vancouver is taking cap back.

Reactions: Nona Di Giuseppe

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
This again? No expectant father worth a damn is going to put his wife into a car for hours on end while she's in the final stages of pregnancy. Not one. And if the guy did? He's a piece of shit who isn't looking out for the health of his child or the mother.
well, you said that after being born .. you have to wait 3-6 months to fly ... hence the car comment ... but if you wanna get angry for nothing bro .. you do you

"Hi 9 months pregnant woman, go sit in a car for hours on end when you could go into labor at any moment and be nowhere near a doctor". Sounds good.
again .. he said after birth they would have to wait 3-6 months to fly ... thats what i was referring to

Reactions: Pip

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I love Schenn as a Canuck but even id tell ya that a 2nd round pick or a return of that value is a major overpayment.

I'm not saying he wont return that, because weve seen GMs get desperate at this time of the year before but all im saying is Allvin will be that woman in the ikea commercial if anybody offers a 2nd for Schenn.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Could the something else be the birth of his kid..?

I think the delay is in regards to the Canucks eating salary from Boston, whether thats Craig Smith or Mike Reily.

The thing is Boston doesnt have a 2nd round pick.

Are they really crazy enough to give the Canucks a 1st or Lysell along with Reily in exchange for Luke Schenn?

This would open up cap space for B's to go after Gavrikov/Chychrun

The delay could be , ensuring that that Gavrikov/Chychrun trade is also in order before the Bs pull the trigger with the Canucks.

Reactions: LuLover96

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
I think the delay is in regards to the Canucks eating salary from Boston, whether thats Craig Smith or Mike Reily.

The thing is Boston doesnt have a 2nd round pick.

Are they really crazy enough to give the Canucks a 1st or Lysell along with Reily in exchange for Luke Schenn?

This would open up cap space for B's to go after Gavrikov/Chychrun

The delay could be , ensuring that that Gavrikov/Chychrun trade is also in order before the Bs pull the trigger with the Canucks.
it cost Ottawa a 2nd and 4th to dump a crap contract so yes, cap space is really valuable.
Will it cost boston a 1st or Lysell to dump a less crappy contract but in doing so they also pick up Schenn who is probably worth a late 2nd? mayyyybbbeeee.
Its an interesting idea for sure. Vancouver did also mention that they were open to taking on cap dumps ...
so they move Schenn,take on a bad contract and get an A-piece... makes sense for them but almost too good to be true

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
well, you said that after being born .. you have to wait 3-6 months to fly ... hence the car comment ... but if you wanna get angry for nothing bro .. you do you

again .. he said after birth they would have to wait 3-6 months to fly ... thats what i was referring to
So what you're saying is you have zero experience with kids. Nobody is getting in a car with a baby that's a month or two old and driving long distance unless they're running from a zombie apocalypse. Seattle is the closest at 2.5 hours, and no reasonable person would even want to do that. Everything else is 10+ hours. It's not happening.

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria

So your solution is a car for god knows how long with a newborn?

Someone beat me to it..

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
it cost Ottawa a 2nd and 4th to dump a crap contract so yes, cap space is really valuable.
Will it cost boston a 1st or Lysell to dump a less crappy contract but in doing so they also pick up Schenn who is probably worth a late 2nd? mayyyybbbeeee.
Its an interesting idea for sure. Vancouver did also mention that they were open to taking on cap dumps ...
so they move Schenn,take on a bad contract and get an A-piece... makes sense for them but almost too good to be true
Well Reilly has another year left in his contract. Considering what Ottawa just paid, a 1st + Reilly for Schennis perfectly reasonable.

Heck not even sure if it's enough considering how late that 1st it's going to be. Not really that much better than Ottawa's second.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Only because he plays for a Canadian team.
I mean.....he got a chance with the Canucks, impressed, went to Tampa and won two consecutive cup, then came back to the Canucks and again impressed. And he has NHL minimum salary.

Anyways.....he should return something around a 2nd or 3rd.

But yeah, stay at home defencemen at the deadline always surprise. I always reference Douglas Murray on his last legs returning two 2nds when thinking of how silly GM's get at the deadline.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
How many trades have been done but needs another deal, that means the deals not done......

Pretty weird that Luke Schenn is big trade news in 2023. Guy looked done at the end of his time in LA 6 years ago.
No kidding, slow as molasses

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Schenn and Hoglander and Stillman (or Bear) for Carlo (Full contract), Riley (Full contract), Smith (Full contract), Lysell and a 1st.

No Taksie, Backsies by either side.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
My prediction is that if it is Schenn alone he returns a 3rd. I do think he will be part of a bigger deal, with the Canucks taking back a cap dump and getting an additional prospect, or the pick becomes a 2nd.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Schenn and Hoglander and Stillman (or Bear) for Carlo (Full contract), Riley (Full contract), Smith (Full contract), Lysell and a 1st.

Vancouver takes that deal all day long. (they'd choose to send Stillman before Bear most likely)

turkulad

Sep 27, 2011
Turku, Finland

Why on earth would they let go of Carlo AND move those futures for a lesser players and a cap dump? That's just a weird thing to suggest.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016

Slapping (full contract) behind Carlo's name doesn't magically turn a solid Top 4D into a cap dump.

This is laughably bad for Boston. Downgrade their right side D, move out their top prospect and first round pick for....basically nothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad