Rumor: Luke Schenn Deal Done? (Update: #400)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
There was a rumour that his wife is pregnant and due in the next few weeks and he wants a trade before the deadline so they can settle down and be prepared for her going into labour.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
There was a rumour that his wife is pregnant and due in the next few weeks and he wants a trade before the deadline so they can settle down and be prepared for her going into labour.

airlines won't let you fly past a certain point in your pregnancy and doctors recommend not flying with newborns until they are 3-6 months old at least. if he is traded after that point his wife will have to stay behind in vancouver until the kid is born and old enough to fly

Reactions: Cascadian Canadian

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Guessing the Flames do something stupid here and give up a 3rd + Mackey. Not that either of those pieces are inherently worth a lot just that Schenn doesn't meaningfully improve the Flames in any way.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
I think we’re going to start seeing trades almost every day now…..With NYR and NYI and LA close on a blockbuster I can see other teams not wanting to get left in the dust….

I’ll miss Schenn in Vancouver and hope they resign him in the summer. He’s so consistent and one of the few guys who finishes his checks…

With that said I’m hoping for a major score in a deal. If it’s Calgary I’m guessing it’s minimum a 2nd with the division premium.

If it’s Boston, guessing a 3rd…. Or maybe the Canucks target a prospect?

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I think we’re going to start seeing trades almost every day now…..With NYR and NYI and LA close on a blockbuster I can see other teams not wanting to get left in the dust….

I’ll miss Schenn in Vancouver and hope they resign him in the summer. He’s so consistent and one of the few guys who finishes his checks…

With that said I’m hoping for a major score in a deal. If it’s Calgary I’m guessing it’s minimum a 2nd with the division premium.

I agree, I'm betting Boston for a 3rd and fringe prospect.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I'm shocked that this isn't done if a 3rd is the cost. If I'm a playoff team I'd happily pay a 2nd for that kind of depth.

Reactions: rotiman187

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Motte cost a 4th and Schenn costs a 3rd? Really weird considering Luke Schemn is way more of an impact player and in a high demand role. Unless that plus is a good piece…

Reactions: CanuckCity

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Okay I'm pretty sure Pagnotta just listens to 32 Thoughts and then repeats what Elliotte says as if it's his own information lol.

Which is about 90% of all rumor sites out there - just listening to a couple of big columnists and reprinting things, sometimes with attributions, sometimes without.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
airlines won't let you fly past a certain point in your pregnancy and doctors recommend not flying with newborns until they are 3-6 months old at least. if he is traded after that point his wife will have to stay behind in vancouver until the kid is born and old enough to fly
Chartered aircraft don’t have such restriction. Most owners have their own aircraft to access.

Schenn will be a 6/7 on a contender. That value is far more realistic and would be a good gamble.
He’s also low salaried so those teams can easily take him on without include a third team eating sakary.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
They also mentioned that Schenn's wife is due to give birth around the trade deadline, so the Canucks are taking that into consideration

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Hypothetically of course but Buffalo is in califotnia this week so thry coukd easily decide if thry want to bring back Meier ir Chychrun with them…..

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Buffalo have Dahlin and Power on the left side, why would they want Chych?

Dahlin pretty exclusively plays the right side with Samuelsson, and they've got a pretty strong partnership. If Buffalo gets Chych, they'd likely use him as the "3rd pair" LHD during the early game, then use him as Power's partner if/when needed in the late game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad