Rumor: Luke Schenn Deal Done? (Update: #400)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
That might be the 'something else' we were supposed to be waiting for.
The floodgates for defense really need to open. Has there been a single
Usable d man traded? Not counting Zaitsev….

Gavrikov and Schenn seemed to be linked a little bit to Boston. Something has to give soon here….

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
Does anyone want to predict what he will get? Remember this is not what you think he should get, but what he will get back.

I am thinking is a 3rd + lesser prospect or a 2nd + cap dump from the other team

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Part of Schenn’s appeal is his tiny cap hit. He is really a 3/4 rd depth. In an open market he is probably worth a 4th or 5th, but he could fetch a 3rd.

Reactions: td_ice

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I think he gets a second. Maybe a late first if a cap dump is included.
People almost always underestimate the value of veteran stay at home physical D at the deadline. Injuries are inevitable for the top teams who go on a run and a bottom pairing guy who can move up to the second pairing is worth a lot.
I also think many haven’t watched him play the last couple of years and are undervaluing what he currently is.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Part of Schenn’s appeal is his tiny cap hit. He is really a 3/4 rd depth. In an open market he is probably worth a 4th or 5th, but he could fetch a 3rd.
Prepare to be very wrong. Reports are already out there a team has offered a mid 3rd for schenn and expect their offer to be beat.

He is easily a #5-6 on most teams. Teams pay for stay at home d-men that are physical and willing to drop the gloves. Look at any trade the last 5 years. Physical d-men, especially rhd, get a premium.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Prepare to be very wrong. Reports are already out there a team has offered a mid 3rd for schenn and expect their offer to be beat.

He is easily a #5-6 on most teams. Teams pay for stay at home d-men that are physical and willing to drop the gloves. Look at any trade the last 5 years. Physical d-men, especially rhd, get a premium.
Ummm, I said he could get a 3rd, you said reports are a 3rd, how am I “very wrong”? Lol?

Reactions: IComeInPeace

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
airlines won't let you fly past a certain point in your pregnancy and doctors recommend not flying with newborns until they are 3-6 months old at least. if he is traded after that point his wife will have to stay behind in vancouver until the kid is born and old enough to fly
Umm cars exist bro

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
These insiders don’t know shit, Rick said Schenn went home for trade related reasons only later to find out he was wrong and it was for family reasons. Their just guessing and speculating for views because that’s how they get paid money.

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
Would the thing waiting to go through be the arrival of his son?
Wonder if a deal is done, and when they went to notify Schenn he asked if the acquiring team would be willing to wait because early labor has started. Seems perfectly reasonable

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Wonder if a deal is done, and when they went to notify Schenn he asked if the acquiring team would be willing to wait because early labor has started. Seems perfectly reasonable

Yep. Good teams take that into consideration. I'm still thinking it's going to be Tampa because he and his wife know the area and have people there to help with the transition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad