Rumor: Luke Schenn Deal Done? (Update: #400)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
So what you're saying is you have zero experience with kids. Nobody is getting in a car with a baby that's a month or two old and driving long distance unless they're running from a zombie apocalypse. Seattle is the closest at 2.5 hours, and no reasonable person would even want to do that. Everything else is 10+ hours. It's not happening.
So your solution is a car for god knows how long with a newborn?

Someone beat me to it..

haha or ya'll are being too prissy about a car ride ... and i have 4 kids ... and the best time to travel with them are babies as they sleep alot ... but you guys just seem to want to argue .. lol

Reactions: Metal Tattooist 71

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
one thing is for sure, its clear as day that the insiders have no real soure within the organizations.

Their sources are probably at NHL head office who leaks to insiders when a trade has been submitted. Insiders then get a head start in announcing it to the public.

If these insiders had any real source, theyd be able to report a deal that is pretty much done like this one.

Yet insiders cant even pinpoint which team Schenn is going to.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Absolute worse case scenario there is you send some team a 7th to take an AHL player. Dropping 1 contract isn't a big deal.
Oh I agree. Creating contract spots isn’t hard at all. I’m sure every organization has a prospect they have pretty much lost faith in that another organization would take a flyer on if he doesn’t cost them anything.

I’m just saying after the deadline next Friday Toronto still needs to be at no more than 49 contracts.

Feb 19, 2018
Canucks have been rumoured to want the best pick possible back in a deal and Zaitzev just created a hole in the Right side for Ottawa who seems to be going for it. I can see a 24 second round pick coming to us in order to replace the 2nd we traded away for Dickinson. That’s my dark horse trade.

I can see a separate deal with Boston where we take a Cap dump for their 2nd for Reilly and plug him in the lineup next year and try to recoup his value for the trade deadline next year. Boston then can make a move for Gavrikov.

Fun to speculate at least.

Reactions: Peter Griffin

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
How is Luke Schenn getting this much trade discussion and media attention?

He's a fine enough player. I'd be happy to add him for a million ish as a free agent. But he's a physical 3rd pairing guy, not some game changer or minute eater. The last time he was on a contender with Tampa he played 10 minutes a game and couldn't hold down his roster spot. Even now with a troubled VAN team he's only playing 17.

But his name comes up all the time on TSN, theScore, and my google news feed. Why does everyone care so much, and why would anyone even be considering the idea he might return a 1st rounder?

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Canucks have been rumoured to want the best pick possible back in a deal and Zaitzev just created a hole in the Right side for Ottawa who seems to be going for it. I can see a 24 second round pick coming to us in order to replace the 2nd we traded away for Dickinson. That’s my dark horse trade.

I can see a separate deal with Boston where we take a Cap dump for their 2nd for Reilly and plug him in the lineup next year and try to recoup his value for the trade deadline next year. Boston then can make a move for Gavrikov.

Reilly would be a good candidate for a bounce back and to flip next deadline as well. He does make $4M in actual cash next season though.

Reactions: Buresflyingelbow

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California

He's a fine enough player. I'd be happy to add him for a million ish as a free agent. But he's a physical 3rd pairing guy, not some game changer or minute eater. The last time he was on a contender with Tampa he played 10 minutes a game and couldn't hold down his roster spot. Even now with a troubled VAN team he's only playing 17.

But his name comes up all the time on TSN, theScore, and my google news feed. Why does everyone care so much, and why would anyone even be considering the idea he might return a 1st rounder?
He's the Big Defensive D Man that goes for way too much every year. There's always at least one.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006

he had a bit of a career renaissance with vancouver and proved that he can play a bigger role on the canucks on their top4. he should be a #5 on a contender, but when injuries happen, he can play top pairing in spurts, his game is simple, he is reliable and is a leader. ticks all the boxes for a stretch drive acquisition.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017

Works for me.

Reactions: Buresflyingelbow

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I don’t see why the Senators would trade futures for a rental Schenn. They’re aiming higher than Schenn and are also not in a position to be buying on rentals.

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
I can't believe this guy is getting as much attention as he is. He is literally a 7th D on a contender but its all over twitter and the boards here as if he is a star. lol
I get that it's the Canucks but he has played like a legit top 4 for most of this year. I'd say he's a 5th d on a contender. Depth wins cups.

Reactions: BuLLeT1291

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
I get that it's the Canucks but he has played like a legit top 4 for most of this year. I'd say he's a 5th d on a contender. Depth wins cups.
Fair enough, I haven't watched any Nucks games this year so my opinion doesn't mean much, I was just going by name lol

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA

Canadian-based insiders focusing on Canadian markets in Canadian media.

It’s a real testament to how little Montreal has to sell this year that a 3rd pairing D is getting this much attention.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad