Lucic will have likely have hearing for hit on Joseph (upd: fined $10,000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Pretty disappointing to see a bunch of people rambling on in this thread about the hit that led up to this....and not one damn video of it was posted.

C'mon HF. Be better. Now I have to go find it myself.

It’s in the other Lucic thread. Evidently it wasn’t an elbow from Joseph and Russell’s face bounced off the glass of its own accord, fight club style. Hate when that happens.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
mKEoBR6.gif

I got you fam

Thanks for the gif.

it's a checking from behind/boarding. Max 5 and game should be given if coming for a 1st time offender.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
People are actually calling for this to be a suspension? Good god, you guys would’ve had PTSD if you watched hockey in the ‘70s.

I guess it’s a new era now where rats like Joseph are allowed and even encouraged to throw reckless hits without fear of payback.

I don't miss the brashear/bertuzzi savage attacks.
Hockey have evolved.

Reactions: TheUnusedCrayon

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Thanks for the gif.

it's a checking from behind/boarding. Max 5 and game should be given if coming for a 1st time offender.

Joseph wasn’t even penalized and that was his second suspect hit of the game (first one was also not penalized). If the officials aren’t going to do their jobs, the players will. That’s what led to enforcers in the first place.

Reactions: dukeofjive

glendroid

Mar 17, 2009
Goodness, never thought I'd see the day when i hated a fanbase more than the leafs.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Seems a little over the top to give this a hearing, but I mean he did punch a defenseless player on the ice. Haven't seen the hit(s?) Lucic is supposedly seeking retribution for so maybe his reaction is over the top too. I'm more of the opinion that anything dirty or borderline should be responded to in that shift or by the end of the period. Letting it drag out to the end of an out of reach game or having it spill over into the next game just increases the chances for pointless injury.

Just going to make an assumption here based on past experience but I would bet this is just as much on the refs for poorly policing the game as it is on Lucic.

Giggli G

Sep 8, 2006
Honestly, a lot of the whining from Tampa fans about this event is because barely any of them have ever played hockey competitively themselves and they simply don't understand the game. They grew up in a tropical climate playing golf or something, not in the tundra playing hockey, if they did they would understand and appreciate what Lucic did for his teammates, regardless of which team they are a fan of.

I'd recommend you enjoy having a great team in a city that lacks hockey passion and doesn't deserve the riches they've been bestowed. Bow to the greatness of Stevie Y.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Joseph wasn’t even penalized and that was his second suspect hit of the game (first one was also not penalized). If the officials aren’t going to do their jobs, the players will. That’s what led to enforcers in the first place.

And those players will have hearings. It should have been a penalty on Joseph. Turning around and excusing what Lucic did is so tone deaf from a group of fans screaming about a boarding going uncalled. It's incredible.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Honestly, a lot of the whining from Tampa fans about this event is because barely any of them have ever played hockey competitively themselves and they simply don't understand the game. They grew up in a tropical climate playing golf or something, not in the tundra playing hockey, if they did they would understand and appreciate what Lucic did for his teammates, regardless of which team they are a fan of.

I'd recommend you enjoy having a great team in a city that lacks hockey passion and doesn't deserve the riches they've been bestowed. Bow to the greatness of Stevie Y.
So, on a scale of 1-10, how salty are you that TB is an elite team right now and the Oilers are clownshoes?

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
This is on the refs. They called two borderline stick calls on the Oilers (creating a 5-on-3). Meanwhile they ignored numerous crosschecks by the Lightning, culminating in a dangerous hit from behind by Joseph in Russell that also went uncalled. Lucic retuned the favor to Joseph, and actually showed restraint in just knocking and holding Joseph down instead of hurting him. The kid looked terrified so hopefully the message was sent.

It should be an interesting return game in Edmonton in a few weeks. Hopefully Joseph comes ready to fight this time

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I don’t either. What Lucic did last night was not even in the same stratosphere as either of those incidents. Lucic hit Jospeh in the chest and gave him a shot on the ice. If he wanted to actually hurt him he could’ve.

And with a little bit of bad luck, it would've been.

If Steve Moore gets up, skates off the ice and plays the next game, then Bertuzzi doesn't get banned for a year or whatever it was.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
And those players will have hearings. It should have been a penalty on Joseph. Turning around and excusing what Lucic did is so tone deaf from a group of fans screaming about a boarding going uncalled. It's incredible.

It isn't "ok" it is a penalty. The end.

And with a little bit of bad luck, it would've been.

If Steve Moore gets up, skates off the ice and plays the next game, then Bertuzzi doesn't get banned for a year or whatever it was.

Using our eyes we see Lucic glides into the hit, hits the player relatively gently in the chest. He COULD have done damage and it wouldn't have been because of bad luck but because he chose to.

Lucic very clearly held up.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida

Well f***, I guess that means the majority of NHL fanbases don't know jack about hockey.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Didn't McDavid board somebody in his rookie year with no penalty? I think maybe Daley?

I'm sure if the roles were reversed that day that Oilers fans would've been cool with it.

Reactions: TheUnusedCrayon

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal

I agree that the refs lost control of the game.

In NYR/MTL matchup, the rangers had a few penalties in the 2nd and were mad. Staal threw Gallagher after a whistle. The refs called penalties on Montreal. in a few minutes habs went 5v3 to 3v5. After those events, players calmed down and started playing hockey.

The calls at the end disadvantaged the Canadiens but I'm happy that the refs took back the control of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad