Lucic will have likely have hearing for hit on Joseph (upd: fined $10,000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
It was a hit that had nothing to do with the play, on a completely defensles opponent. It wasn't a bad hit outsidet that, but I don't mind if NHL wants to take this stuff out of the game.

There are officcials and suspensios to deal with players. The days of the player sheriffs are long gone, and I hope they remind Lucic about that.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
It was a hit that had nothing to do with the play, on a completely defensles opponent. It wasn't a bad hit outsidet that, but I don't mind if NHL wants to take this stuff out of the game.

There are officcials and suspensios to deal with players. The days of the player sheriffs are long gone, and I hope they remind Lucic about that.
Yeah I mean ultimately if that happened in the course of play it doesn't get talked about.

Lucic hunted Joseph all over the ice and when he realized he couldn't actually chase Joseph to continue harassing him, he just angled him and blew him up away from the play. Can't expect to have that go unnoticed.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
This suspension would be too good for the Oilers, so they won't enforce it. Hes going to get a fine that's about it.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
lucic should control his anger and justify his 6 million dollar contract

Playing with more fire would help justify his contract as opposed to the tranquil teddy bear he was last season. He gave Joseph a chance to man up and account for his actions, he declined. Anyone spouting ‘HURR BURR DURR HE COULDA HURT HIM THIS IS JUST LIKE BERTUZZI’ style ridiculousness has absolutely no idea what they’re talking about. Lucic was very careful not to fall on him or injure him. Joseph was in more danger of getting hurt falling off the bench during his giggle fit - clearly he was in immense pain.

Zero issue with this. Message sent that you can’t run around boarding our guys without consequence (even if the officials refused to call it, twice) and if he gets a game or two, we’d get to see what a third line without two boat anchors on it looks like. Win win.

Last edited:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Complains about reffing and has the league help them by making Lucic not play.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Hits a guy who never had the puck.

Punches him on the ground.

Continues to give him the business.

It's the most Lucic has done all year.

Hey hey I think he had a goal or something this year, I know cause there was a thread celebrating it.

Reactions: GoJetsGo55

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
Yeah I mean ultimately if that happened in the course of play it doesn't get talked about.

Lucic hunted Joseph all over the ice and when he realized he couldn't actually chase Joseph to continue harassing him, he just angled him and blew him up away from the play. Can't expect to have that go unnoticed.
It didn't go unnoticed. He received 2 minor penalties and a 10 minute misconduct. It was a check to the chest of a player facing him and a face-wash. Lucic could have done a lot more but chose not to.

At most, it deserves a fine and I'm not even sure what that would be for...No head shot, no elbow, no cross-check into the boards, no slew-foot, ...just interference and roughing. The refs actually got it right.
Maybe a fine for playing rough with the boys?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I thought only John Scott was suspendable for this.

glendroid

Mar 17, 2009
Ah, please Mr. Oilers fan, tell me all you know about winning in the modern NHL.

I'll wait patiently, as you no doubt have a very, very long post ahead of you.

Well, the lightning managed to miss the playoffs in 16/17 with a "winning" roster (minus Stamkos)... so I guess I really know nothing about winning.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
I don't get how the argument always steers to a teams win loss record when it has nothing to do with the topic at hand. You guys are terrible forum members and should be banished to HFpurgatory(Canes Board)

That will show you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad