Lucic will have likely have hearing for hit on Joseph (upd: fined $10,000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
You're acting as if hitting a player that never had the puck and is away from the play is a run-of-the-mill check. Sure it might be a good check if Joseph had the puck, but that's not the case.

Nothing dangerous about running a guy away from the play and punching him in the head, solid hockey play if you ask me. :rolleyes::help:
??? You don't have reading comprehension down pat I see.

If it was 'during the play', it wouldn't even be talked about so probably not even a penalty.

Because it was away from the play, it was 4 minutes of penalties and a misconduct AND a call that will be a fine for something...still not sure what.

I have no problem with Lucic sending a message that it's not ok to run players through the boards and a potential for serious injury...without even a call by the refs I might add. I also have no problem with the penalties to Lucic, despite the referees negligence in not penalizing Joseph previously.

Lucic didn't hurt or even attempt to hurt Joseph..which he easily could have.

Over-reaction by the league because of failure by their refs to control the game properly.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
No kidding knocks him down then gives him one small punch with the glove still on.

Hockey fans are soft these days.
NHL is in full self destruct mode now. To please the most extreme outspoken anti violence crowd.

Lucic threw the player to the ice. He didn't even charge or go for a high hit. This NHL is a terrible product.

Reactions: MetM

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
Really wasn't much of a hit by Joseph on Russell. Lucic wasn't wrong for targeting him for a good hit, but if he thought justice needed to be served then he should have gotten him legally when he had the puck. Should be Double minor, Game misconduct no suspension, end of story.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
NHL is in full self destruct mode now. To please the most extreme outspoken anti violence crowd.

Lucic threw the player to the ice. He didn't even charge or go for a high hit. This NHL is a terrible product.

The vocal minority Damien Cox types would like there to be no fighting, hitting, or mean words in the game.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
If his guy got hit from behind this is legit to me. Who cares what soft fans think? Better to check the guy than sucker him or use your stick imo

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Two minutes interference. Not a big deal... a phone hearing? Jesus.

Lucic could have ACTUALLY earned a suspension instead he knocks the player on his ass. No headshot, no running him through the boards........

I remember a Vancouver player making this exact same hit on Ference in game 7 because his team was losing and I think that got 2 minutes.
seriously, holy shit people are making a meal out of this just because it's lucic. haven't seen the hit people say he's responding to but i think its a good thing players are forced to answer for their shit by other players. the league clearly won't do it.

that's a very deliberate 2 minute interference. i've seen worse punches thrown in scrums.. joseph's basically chewing on his mouthguard laughing. if this gets a suspension i'll be absolutely shocked.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
Really wasn't much of a hit by Joseph on Russell. Lucic wasn't wrong for targeting him for a good hit, but if he thought justice needed to be served then he should have gotten him legally when he had the puck. Should be Double minor, Game misconduct no suspension, end of story.
Yeah, I think the problem may have been Joseph didn't touch the puck during the game so Lucic didn't have the opportunity to do it legally.

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
Playing with more fire would help justify his contract as opposed to the tranquil teddy bear he was last season. He gave Joseph a chance to man up and account for his actions, he declined. Any ‘HURR BURR DURR HE COULDA HURT HIM THIS IS JUST LIKE BERTUZZI’ has absolutely no idea what they’re talking about. Lucic was very careful not to fall on him or injure him. Joseph was in more danger of getting hurt falling off the bench during his giggle fit - clearly he was in immense pain.

Zero issue with this. Message sent that you can’t run around boarding our guys without consequence (even if the officials refused to call it, twice) and if he gets a game or two, we’d get to see what a third line without two boat anchors on it looks like. Win win.
Ok, that was pretty funny. :laugh:

Reactions: Master P

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Holy crow did Tampa have there gloves cemented on or what lol

Killorn **** his pants when Nurse grabbed him and rag dolled him with one arm.

Gutless team who are low key dirty but don’t answer the bell for it.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

Better than a team with all sorts of guts and no success outside of draft lotteries for the past 25 seasons.

Reactions: NatoGhost

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017

How do you see anything other than Lucic clearly wanting to engage a player, that player skating away, so Lucic throws a hit against a defenseless opponent away from the puck and away from the play and then punching him in the head while he's on the ice?

This whole macho "THE NHL ISN'T WHAT IT USED TO BE" garbage is so tied to a completely ancient type of person who refuses to adapt and accept that things do indeed change over time.

I like seeing skilled hockey and clean hits. I don't like to see guys miss time because of trash like this. Lucic has failed to evolve his game and has become completely irrelevant to the landscape of the game. As much as I dislike him, at least Tom Wilson does provide SOMETHING to his team outside of whatever it is Lucic does.

But sure, the NHL is the issue, not relics from the 70's and 80's screaming about how great things used to be.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017

Keep winning those important battles, Edmonton

yOwqyUG.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad