Lucic will have likely have hearing for hit on Joseph (upd: fined $10,000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I’ve said all along that if Lucic actually wanted to hurt him every official on the ice could not have stopped him.

Actually a pretty measured response.
Bingo. Old Lucic would have sent him to the hospital....

The only angry people are TB homers, Lucic haters (why is this still a thing?), and the new breed of anti anything physical and emotional fans.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
If you want to see what a player actually losing his mind over a dirty hit looks like, YouTube the Nurse-Polak confrontation.

Frankly Joseph is lucky it was Lucic who’s been around a long time and knows how to intimidate without injuring, not Nurse or Kassian.

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
This to me is ten times worse than 90% of the suspensions handed out and I'm all for keeping the code in the game. With concussion research at an all time high coming out with evidence that the whiplash not involving the head is just as predominant as many cases with headshots, this just looks bad.

This is Raffi Torres level.

Reactions: NatoGhost

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Keep winning those important battles, Edmonton

yOwqyUG.png

We’ll see you guys again in Edmonton maybe McDavid will put up 5 on you guys likes he’s already done before.

Oil Spill

Net Detective
Jan 21, 2013
Act like a tough guy and run people from behind and eventually someone will call you on it. The refs were garbage last night, so if there not going to call anything against Tampa it's good to see Lucic stick up for his team.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
We’ll see you guys again in Edmonton maybe McDavid will put up 5 on you guys likes he’s already done before.
Cool. 5 pts in 5 career games and a -2. He's killing it.

(Kucherov has like 9 pts in his last 4 games vs. EDM. Not too worried)

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
This to me is ten times worse than 90% of the suspensions handed out and I'm all for keeping the code in the game. With concussion research at an all time high coming out with evidence that the whiplash not involving the head is just as predominant as many cases with headshots, this just looks bad.

This is Raffi Torres level.
And this is embarrassing. This is why there is a hearing, because of these fans.

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
I have no problem with this play. I miss this NHL. The current league is wayy too soft. You make a dumb dangerous hit and don't get punished for it, this is what happens

Reactions: dukeofjive

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
And this is embarrassing. This is why there is a hearing, because of these fans.
There's a hearing because he hit a guy away from the play without the puck and then punched him in the head.

I don't even think it's suspension worthy, but you're getting a little dramatic in this thread my man.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
I’m fine with the play, until he hits him when he’s down. No place for that.
Exactly. Its about escalation of force. It was good old fashioned street justice until Lucic pounced on him with the head being 100% of the focus, especially considering that Joseph's head was still facing away and he had his gloves on. If he had just stood there and given Joseph a chance to get up (or at least start to) and drop the gloves - THEN he could have pummeled him and wouldn't be facing a hearing. Lucic is an ape and always has been, with his track record there was no way the league was going to let this slide. He'll get 1-2 games as a warning and deserve it, hopefully for the Oilers Lucic will cut back on his bath salt usage and just throw body punches and not get suspended next time (and there definitely WILL be a next time with him - unless he gets waived).

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Cool. 5 pts in 5 career games and a -2. He's killing it.

(Kucherov has like 9 pts in his last 4 games vs. EDM. Not too worried)
It's a shame with domination over edmonton like that in his last 4 games, he still hasn't come close to the Ross.

Should be embarrassed.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Pretty disappointing to see a bunch of people rambling on in this thread about the hit that led up to this....and not one damn video of it was posted.

C'mon HF. Be better. Now I have to go find it myself.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Why do everyone start calling the Lightning dirty when they lose to us? :huh:

Reactions: Master P

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
There's a hearing because he hit a guy away from the play without the puck and then punched him in the head.

I don't even think it's suspension worthy, but you're getting a little dramatic in this thread my man.
It is a minor penalty and 10 minute misconduct. To even authorize a hearing just shows this league is going down the toilet.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
It is a minor penalty and 10 minute misconduct. To even authorize a hearing just shows this league is going down the toilet.
You let it go without a hearing and other guys start running other guys outside the run of play and cry foul when they get in trouble.

I get it, the 70's were ****in great, man. I know I loved seeing guys get their brains turned into gravy and then turning to my friend and smashing beer cans on our heads and pounding each others chests. I get it my dude.

But this is worthy of a hearing, even if they only fine him, to let the rest of the league be aware this will not be tolerated. If you really, truly, deep down honestly can't grasp that, then there's not really much else to say.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Well someone's gotta leave something for the Oilers because it's the only trophy they're gonna sniff for the next 30 years.

Oh, that and the "4 goals in one game vs Tampa Bay" trophy.
I never realized how conceited lightning fans have gotten. Win something. All this talk about trophies.... we both have won the exact same amount in the last ten years.... ZERO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad