Lucic will have likely have hearing for hit on Joseph (upd: fined $10,000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I mean, he's going to end up with a fine or one game. But I don't think the NHL likes the optics of him following a player around the ice at the end of a blowout.

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
It was a hit that had nothing to do with the play, on a completely defensles opponent. It wasn't a bad hit outsidet that, but I don't mind if NHL wants to take this stuff out of the game.

There are officcials and suspensios to deal with players. The days of the player sheriffs are long gone, and I hope they remind Lucic about that.
Yeah, sorry, that doesn't work. Not when it's left to the interpretations of the (human) referees..That's why there are so many issues league wide. If it was simple and consistent then it would be fine but it isn`t.
Add the normal bias of the refs and it gets even worse.
For instance, in this case, every time O`Rourke refs the Oilers games, there are issues (like `missed cross checks into the boards, etc.). He grew up a Flames fan and has a long-time bias against the Oilers. It`s just how it is.

Until you can take the `human factor out, it`s just not going to be cut and dry.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
No video?
You can see it here:

This doesn't show the hit he was responding to, or Lucic following Joseph around the ice.

Joseph wasn't hurt, but this probably should get a suspension of some sort. Blindsides him way away from the puck, obviously retaliation, then punches him in the head while on the ground. Rein in it Lucic

Reactions: NatoGhost

glendroid

Mar 17, 2009
Ah, please Mr. Oilers fan, tell me all you know about winning in the modern NHL.

I'll wait patiently, as you no doubt have a very, very long post ahead of you.

But hey, at least the Raptors realized that they hit their peak at most as a conference final team right?

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
I don't care if he's suspended or not, but I like that Lucic stood up for his teammates. Joseph threw two dirty hits right before this so he had it coming.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Two minutes interference. Not a big deal... a phone hearing? Jesus.

Lucic could have ACTUALLY earned a suspension instead he knocks the player on his ass. No headshot, no running him through the boards........

I remember a Vancouver player making this exact same hit on Ference in game 7 because his team was losing and I think that got 2 minutes.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Yeah I mean ultimately if that happened in the course of play it doesn't get talked about.

Lucic hunted Joseph all over the ice and when he realized he couldn't actually chase Joseph to continue harassing him, he just angled him and blew him up away from the play. Can't expect to have that go unnoticed.
Unfortunate that Lucic isn't faster, should of jumped into the hit and sent Joseph flying into the boards.

Would of been a beautiful sight.

glendroid

Mar 17, 2009
Me too but they failed to send me any Canadian coins so I could pay for Centre Ice and cheer them to victory. Now look at them.

GAHHHH we and the hockey gods give them the better of the two S. Aho's and this is how the repay us?!?!

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
It didn't go unnoticed. He received 2 minor penalties and a 10 minute misconduct. It was a check to the chest of a player facing him and a face-wash. Lucic could have done a lot more but chose not to.

At most, it deserves a fine and I'm not even sure what that would be for...No head shot, no elbow, no cross-check into the boards, no slew-foot, ...just interference and roughing. The refs actually got it right.
Maybe a fine for playing rough with the boys?
You're acting as if hitting a player that never had the puck and is away from the play is a run-of-the-mill check. Sure it might be a good check if Joseph had the puck, but that's not the case.

Nothing dangerous about running a guy away from the play and punching him in the head, solid hockey play if you ask me. :rolleyes::help:

weinsink

Feb 8, 2018
Good for looch..should have punched him harder,todays nhl is pathetic with the weasels skating around and not worrying about anything..parros is a goof anyways.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Two minutes interference. Not a big deal... a phone hearing? Jesus.

Lucic could have ACTUALLY earned a suspension instead he knocks the player on his ass. No headshot, no running him through the boards........

I remember a Vancouver player making this exact same hit on Ference in game 7 because his team was losing and I think that got 2 minutes.
It's for bringing the NHL into disrepute. It's not the WWF or WWE. He should get 2 games for being a knucklehead.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Unfortunate that Lucic isn't faster, should of jumped into the hit and sent Joseph flying into the boards.

Would of been a beautiful sight.
Unfortunate lucic isn’t a super hero. Should blasted him with his super strength and melted him with his laser eyes and dispersed the ashes into the crowd.

Would’ve been beautiful. That’s what hockey is all about baby.

Il Stugotz

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
44 miles from Chicago
I have no idea what to expect in terms of punishment. He’s been suspended for punching an unsuspecting opponent and has been fined 4 times.

I couldn’t even start to handicap this one. I could see it being a fine to 6 games. :dunno:

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Not nearly as bad as I was expecting. I guess it's the punch that warrants the DoPS getting involved? That didn't even look like much of anything but it was to the head.

I'd give him a fine at most and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad