Leon Draisaitl vs Sebastian Aho

Drai vs Aho

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Los merengues

Mar 24, 2019
Watch Draisaitl. More than 80% of the posters in this thread haven't seen Drai play. They probably don't even look at his stats, they just say that he's a product of McDavid with 0 proof. McDavid's stats go down just as much as Drai's when they play separately, because of how bad the Oilers depth is.

This year, Drai is carrying McDavid. Watch him before accusing others of not watching Aho. Drai has been the best player in the league this year.

I get that Drai has been great. But this is too much

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018

It's true. Have you watched the games? McDavid has looked off this year, probably because he is still getting reacclimatized to the speed of the game after that injury last year. Drai has 3 more points than McDavid, even though McDavid has more secondary points and pp points. Draisaitl is also playing on the pk, while McDavid has looked uncharacteristically lazy on D. I'm not saying McDavid has been bad (He's on pace for a career high in points), but he isn't as dangerous as he has been in the past, while Draisaitl blown apart expectations. This season, McDavid needs Draisaitl more than the other way around.

Reactions: Crabapple

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Draisaitl. Aho appears to be quite overrated. Not sure where this idea that he’s some sort of two-way dynamo came from because he isn’t.

I first heard about ahos outstanding 2 way game was in the aho bs boeser threads. Not sure if the ahos supporters were using random things to take down boeser. That said I actually prefer aho regardless. Who for me.

Navx94

Sponsor
Jan 17, 2019
80% of the posters in this thread hasn’t even seen Aho play, they just look at stats.

Drai, whilst being an amazing player, is nowhere near Aho in terms of driving his own line and creating space for his teammates.

Let Drai play 1C and have McDavid as a 2C and see how it goes. He would be far from his current stats. Pat Maroon scored almost 30 goals while playing with McDavid. I’ll say it again. Pat Maroon scored almost 30 goals while playing with McDavid. Pat Maroon! So please don’t think for a second that playing with the best player in the world hasn’t helped Drai. A lot.

The question was who you’d build your franchise around, not who you think will score more points.

22 points really driving that line eh.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN

Agreed. I think my most oiler fans put all their stock into drai who has been a beast don’t get me wrong because they know mcdavid will he hype anyway so this way their more then just one guy. Which they are now for sure.

Draisaitl is easily the most lucky player in the league getting feeds from connor like the one the other night, did you see mcdavids behind the net through the legs pass vs van I think it was as was? He’s the perfect For him but people are over doing it. They said he was better then Eichel and it’s not even close, Eichels only leading the league in offensive possession transition rushes, and fourth in points and goals, drai has 11 more points playing with the best player in the world.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Agreed. I think my most oiler fans put all their stock into drai who has been a beast don’t get me wrong because they know mcdavid will he hype anyway so this way their more then just one guy. Which they are now for sure.

Draisaitl is easily the most lucky player in the league getting feeds from connor like the one the other night, did you see mcdavids behind the net through the legs pass vs van I think it was as was? He’s the perfect For him but people are over doing it. They said he was better then Eichel and it’s not even close, Eichels only leading the league in offensive possession transition rushes, and fourth in points and goals, drai has 11 more points playing with the best player in the world.
Yikes, stop bringing Eichel to every thread that has nothing to do with him please.

If Draisaitl was simply leeching off McDavid, he wouldn't be tying him in scoring. For example, do you see any of Eichel's linemates leading him in scoring? He's almost doubling the next one.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
80% of the posters in this thread hasn’t even seen Aho play, they just look at stats.

Drai, whilst being an amazing player, is nowhere near Aho in terms of driving his own line and creating space for his teammates.

Let Drai play 1C and have McDavid as a 2C and see how it goes. He would be far from his current stats. Pat Maroon scored almost 30 goals while playing with McDavid. I’ll say it again. Pat Maroon scored almost 30 goals while playing with McDavid. Pat Maroon! So please don’t think for a second that playing with the best player in the world hasn’t helped Drai. A lot.

The question was who you’d build your franchise around, not who you think will score more points.

That's not really how 1c/2c work. I suppose if you are at home, you could try to get favourable match ups for Draisaitl as a 1c, but for the most part - your 1c/2c is dictated by the opponent and how they game plan against you. You can scribble down what ever you want, you could even scribble RNH down as the 1c in your depth chart, but it doesn't mean he is going to play against the toughest competition, because your opponent is still going to try and get their best against your best - whom they know is McDavid...

Aho plays with some pretty good players in Svech and TT. In the current modus operandi of line stacking, it's hard to differentiate who is actually driving lines apart from their skilled linemates.

I'm not an Oiler fan who believes Drai is playing better than McDavid, no way. But I think it's foolish to not realize they are both driving each other

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me

Like the other poster said, it would be nice if you stopped hijacking threads with your Eichel B.S. This thread isn't about him.

Reactions: doorbag

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Yikes, stop bringing Eichel to every thread that has nothing to do with him please.

If Draisaitl was simply leeching off McDavid, he wouldn't be tying him in scoring. For example, do you see any of Eichel's linemates leading him in scoring? He's almost doubling the next one.

That’s a good point.

Apologies I think I was just having a rough day, my bad.

Like the other poster said, it would be nice if you stopped hijacking threads with your Eichel B.S. This thread isn't about him.

See post above, apologies I almost forgot what thread I was in, I have ADD. Not an excuse just a fact. Not an excuse because I’ve never said that in the fifteen years I’ve been in this forum until this post.

Last edited:
Reactions: tuozzi

OilCanada92

May 1, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta

11 points after 30 games is pretty significant.

Barkkonen

May 10, 2011
Draisaitl took off like a rocket ship. No way Aho can match that ridiculous pace.

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
This will be a real contention only when Draisatl:
a) Proves he can play as effective #1C
b) Can produce without McDavid

A short spike in production does not make him the better player

Reactions: King 88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier