• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
I'm sure at least part of the reason Draisaitl is on the top line is to keep McDavid sane.

I'm sure this gets over looked a lot.

I could see both of them wanting to play with each other, well, just because.

When the playoffs are out of reach, what else is there to play for other than individual stats.

I'm sure both of these guys are uber competitive and want to rack up as many points as possible.

And who is going to tell McDavid he doesn't get to play with Drai??

tomi2

Mar 1, 2007
Definately Aho. Not even a close for me. One is a play driving center, other Mcdavid's winger.

Reactions: King 88

ManWithNoName

Unregistered User
Jul 9, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
80% of the posters in this thread hasn’t even seen Aho play, they just look at stats.

Drai, whilst being an amazing player, is nowhere near Aho in terms of driving his own line and creating space for his teammates.

Let Drai play 1C and have McDavid as a 2C and see how it goes. He would be far from his current stats. Pat Maroon scored almost 30 goals while playing with McDavid. I’ll say it again. Pat Maroon scored almost 30 goals while playing with McDavid. Pat Maroon! So please don’t think for a second that playing with the best player in the world hasn’t helped Drai. A lot.

The question was who you’d build your franchise around, not who you think will score more points.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
80% of the posters in this thread hasn’t even seen Aho play, they just look at stats.

Drai, whilst being an amazing player, is nowhere near Aho in terms of driving his own line and creating space for his teammates.

Let Drai play 1C and have McDavid as a 2C and see how it goes. He would be far from his current stats. Pat Maroon scored almost 30 goals while playing with McDavid. I’ll say it again. Pat Maroon scored almost 30 goals while playing with McDavid. Pat Maroon! So please don’t think for a second that playing with the best player in the world hasn’t helped Drai. A lot.

The question was who you’d build your franchise around, not who you think will score more points.

Why do people insist on coming up with the dumbest uninformed arguments to discredit Leon.

Why ? Is it because they are insecure about thier best players being inferior? There is nothing wrong with not having the better player.

This post just wreaks of someone throwing blanket statements out in some hope believing Aho is better then Leon Draisaitl. He isn't. It's just plain facts. If you watch Drai play it would start to become obvious just how good he is. Aho may be a too 20 player in the league now...29 is already top 5 eyes closed.

King1s

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton
Aho had his career year last season, falling 20 points short of Draisaitl and he has one point this season.

This one should not be this close :laugh:

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016

Tell me how many Lucic scored while stapled to McDavid? I'll say it again, Lucic. Lucic!

These tired old broken arguments never get old.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011

I suggest you look at Draisaitl's stats away from McDavid and then revisit this argument.

I also encourage you to look at Draisaitl's defensive game, which is ahead of Aho's.

Honestly, look at this season alone, Draisaitl has been superior to McDavid.

Trocity

Nov 24, 2016
The only thing Aho has going in his favour is that it took him 3 years to break out as opposed to Draisaitl, who took about 5 years.

Outside of that, Draisaitl is clearly the better player.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
The only thing Aho has going in his favour is that it took him 3 years to break out as opposed to Draisaitl, who took about 5 years.

Outside of that, Draisaitl is clearly the better player.
I'd say Drai broke out in year 3 (combined PPG in regular season and playoffs) and then broke out again in year 5

Aho is around the same level Drai was at the same age, the jury is still out if he can step up again

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
No idea. I keep getting told Drai plays with AHL scrubs.

If Nuge, who is a shadow the player Drai is, why can’t Drai hit 70-75 with the same players Nughe is getting 65 with??

Seems like the narrative gets moved around to fit the agenda??

Edmonton needs two scoring lines. You’d think the best bet would be playing Nuge with McDavid and let Drai carry his own line?

I mean that had to be better than what you’re running now, no?

So why don’t they do it? Why not let Drai try and run his own line. We all know McDavid is going to get his points no matter who he is with.

My guess is they know Drai isn’t doing any better than Nuge. And with the chemistry Drai and McDavid have they keep them there.

So basically Nuge = Drai.

There is so much wrong with this post.

First of all, with the same linemates as Nuge, (with absolutely 0 5v5 minutes with McDavid), Draisaitl would have put up 83 points last year. With AHL scrubs. And McDavid isn't just going to get points either way. He dropped below a 100 point pace without Draisaitl last year. They're not products of each other. Good players need to play with good players.

Draisaitl has been the best player in the league this year. He has12 points, tied for the league lead in points, (with McD, although he has more 5v5 and primary points, and has been better defensively). Nuge has 4 points. Drai is definitely not = Nuge.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018

Watch Draisaitl. More than 80% of the posters in this thread haven't seen Drai play. They probably don't even look at his stats, they just say that he's a product of McDavid with 0 proof. McDavid's stats go down just as much as Drai's when they play separately, because of how bad the Oilers depth is.

This year, Drai is carrying McDavid. Watch him before accusing others of not watching Aho. Drai has been the best player in the league this year.

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
So far this season Drai is leading in some advanced stats:

EG7K_7BWoAU-VDs.png:large

It´s amazing to think that he has been a better player than last year...hopefully his TOI goes down sooner than later or he is gased before Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad