Leon Draisaitl vs Sebastian Aho

Drai vs Aho

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I'm a Canes fan, a huge Aho fan, and one that thinks there isn't that much difference between Aho and Drai, but I say Draisaitl here without hesitation.

In the last 10 years, only Crosby (09/10), Malkin (11/12), Ovechkin (5 times), Stamkos(9/10 and 11/12) and Perry (10/11) have scored 50 goals. That's some pretty elite company.

In that same 10 years, 100 points has only been eclipsed 18 times. Kucherov, McDavid,H. Sedin, Kane, Ovi, Malkin, Crosby, D. Sedin, Giroux, Backstrom, Marchand. Again, some elite company.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
I'm a Canes fan, a huge Aho fan, and one that thinks there isn't that much difference between Aho and Drai, but I say Draisaitl here without hesitation.

In the last 10 years, only Crosby (09/10), Malkin (11/12), Ovechkin (5 times), Stamkos(9/10 and 11/12) and Perry (10/11) have scored 50 goals. That's some pretty elite company.

In that same 10 years, 100 points has only been eclipsed 18 times. Kucherov, McDavid,H. Sedin, Kane, Ovi, Malkin, Crosby, D. Sedin, Giroux, Backstrom, Marchand. Again, some elite company.

I think some context needs to be applied here though. He was riding a S% and OIS% high that will not be sustainable what so ever where as Aho's number seem rather repeatable.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I think some context needs to be applied here though. He was riding a S% and OIS% high that will not be sustainable what so ever where as Aho's number seem rather repeatable.

True, but he has a 77, 70 and 105 point season. Even if his S% drops off 15% (1% less than his career avg), he's still scoring 35 goals. If his OIS% drops, he's still likely an 85-90 point player.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Another Canes fan—however I think it is a toss up. While they were drafted one year apart, Draisaitl is almost 2 years older. Having just turned 22, I think Aho will increase production a little more. I see them both as 90-point two-way stars.

Reactions: abo9

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
People are too caught up in the winger vs centre argument. Draisaitl is the better player and in a game 7 I’d take him 10/10 times before Aho.
People are caught up taking the better player.

Dont pout. Youre just realizing your opinion is homer. Draisaitl doesnt come remotely close to being a top centre in 10 teams.

Reactions: 6ix

Navx94

Sponsor
Jan 17, 2019
People are caught up taking the better player.

Dont pout. Youre just realizing your opinion is homer. Draisaitl doesnt come remotely close to being a top centre in 10 teams.

I’ll take my 50G 55A centre and cry myself to sleep tonight. This isn’t as lopsided as you’re making it out to be. Wait till west coast people wake up you know guys that actually watch Draisaitl carve teams up. Also I’m not saying Aho is bad he would easily be our third best player by far but he’s not as good as Draisaitl right now.

Last edited:

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
I’ll take my 50G 55A centre and cry myself to sleep tonight. This isn’t as lopsided as you’re making it out to be. Wait till west coast people wake up you know guys that actually watch Draisaitl carve teams up. Also I’m not saying Aho is bad he would easily be our third best player by far but he’s not as good as Draisaitl.
And the rest of the teams will enjoy their playoff teams!!!

Navx94

Sponsor
Jan 17, 2019
And the rest of the teams will enjoy their playoff teams!!!

Pretty sad how Draisaitl outscored Aho by a lot while only having one other legitimate threat other teams had to worry about. Do you mind telling us who you’re a fan of? Anyone can throw shade it’s not difficult.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Pretty sad how Draisaitl outscored Aho by a lot while only having one other legitimate threat other teams had to worry about. Do you mind telling us who you’re a fan of? Anyone can throw shade it’s not difficult.

That cuts both ways. The Canes pretty much had no other legitimate threats for other teams to worry about. Going into the season, the biggest threat on Carolina after Aho, was Teravainen, who is nowhere near McDavid's level and had a career high 64 points while riding shotgun on Aho's line. Even this year, only 3 forwards had more than 40 points for Carolina...Aho, Teravainen and 37 year old Justin Williams.

Navx94

Sponsor
Jan 17, 2019
That cuts both ways. The Canes pretty much had no other legitimate threats for other teams to worry about. Going into the season, the biggest threat on Carolina after Aho, was Teravainen, who is nowhere near McDavid's level and had a career high 64 points while riding shotgun on Aho's line. Even this year, only 3 forwards had more than 40 points for Carolina...Aho, Teravainen and 37 year old Justin Williams.

I’m just poking fun at that poster. I love Aho as a player I just find it laughable that he thinks this poll isn’t even close when MOST fans would agree right now Draisaitl is the better player. In 5 years maybe Aho will be the better player but who knows.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

Not to mention you guys have way better puck moving D than the Oilers.

Our D’s “breakout” is to bank it off the boards or glass in our own zone and hope for the best. When all else fails fall on your stomach and do a starfish ala Kris Russell.

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018

Their biggest threat was their blue line (especially Pesce and Hamilton) that dictated possession, drove the majority of play for either team, shot at almost every opportunity, constantly challenged opposition and suffocated the neutral zone, not really Aho, Teuvo, NN, Williams etc. They were more complimentary and weren't the main play drivers or the primary reason Carolina was such a great team last season. Similar to the Sharks in that sense (Karlsson, Burns). Without such a great transitional defense behind them, I'm not sure their forwards would've fared better if they were on Edmonton for example, who's defense's breakout and transition play is nowhere near as good as Carolina's.

Even still, Aho struggled to produce at 5v5 (1.46 p1/60), and defensively, despite not handling the majority of top center matchups (in his first full season at center, which isn't unusual, especially given Aho's potential and young age, so next year he should be better) despite having a PDO above 100. I think Aho can eventually become better than Draisaitl, but he is not right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad