Leon Draisaitl vs Sebastian Aho

Drai vs Aho

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
And half of Aho’s votes are from Oilers haters such as yourself

They didn't vote Draisaitl so they must be Oilers haters :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nice little victim complex going on here.

Maybe, just maybe some of us don't hinge our entire opinion on inflated raw point totals and can see the many things indicating that Aho is indeed the superior player?

Reactions: stopclickbait

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
They didn't vote Draisaitl so they must be Oilers haters :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Maybe, just maybe some of us don't hinge our entire opinion on inflated raw point totals and can see the many things indicating that Aho is indeed the superior player?

You of all people, talking about victim complexes?

4EDM14OIL93

Jan 12, 2011

You missed the whole point of the post, but ok

If someone else can make a baseless statement that people voting for Drai are all homers, I can just as easily make a similar comment the other way around. But of course you have no issues with the comment I replied to

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018

This might be the most ironic statement made in HF history.

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
Now do their career ppg. Matthews basically ppg playing with Nylander, Hyman, Brown, Kapanen.

Draisaitl is a career under ppg being strapped to McDavid or Hall with 1 outlier season last year.

Draisaitl is ineffective when he’s “the guy” on the line. He only produces elite numbers when being strapped to McDavid, and 2nd line C numbers when being strapped to hart winner Taylor Hall.

When those 2 aren’t on his line it gets ugly.

Draisaitl will always be overrated until he carries his own line and and consistently helps the Oilers contend for the playoffs as opposed to a lottery finish.

hahahahah this is such a baseless argument

also i love how now that all of a sudden it's in your favour to attack oilers players, a maple leafs fan is saying Taylor Hall was a Hart winning caliber player with the Oilers. In another thread I was posting in today, people were arguing that Hall exploded only after leaving the Oilers.

These ridiculous arguments of convenience are getting so mind numbing.

Draisaitl is a star without McDavid. Period.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
You don't think Draisaitl would hit 50-65 points without McDavid?

No idea. I keep getting told Drai plays with AHL scrubs.

If Nuge, who is a shadow the player Drai is, why can’t Drai hit 70-75 with the same players Nughe is getting 65 with??

Seems like the narrative gets moved around to fit the agenda??

Edmonton needs two scoring lines. You’d think the best bet would be playing Nuge with McDavid and let Drai carry his own line?

I mean that had to be better than what you’re running now, no?

So why don’t they do it? Why not let Drai try and run his own line. We all know McDavid is going to get his points no matter who he is with.

My guess is they know Drai isn’t doing any better than Nuge. And with the chemistry Drai and McDavid have they keep them there.

So basically Nuge = Drai.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

black-kettle.jpg

OilCanada92

May 1, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
No idea. I keep getting told Drai plays with AHL scrubs.

If Nuge, who is a shadow the player Drai is, why can’t Drai hit 70-75 with the same players Nughe is getting 65 with??

Seems like the narrative gets moved around to fit the agenda??

Edmonton needs two scoring lines. You’d think the best bet would be playing Nuge with McDavid and let Drai carry his own line?

I mean that had to be better than what you’re running now, no?

So why don’t they do it? Why not let Drai try and run his own line. We all know McDavid is going to get his points no matter who he is with.

My guess is they know Drai isn’t doing any better than Nuge. And with the chemistry Drai and McDavid have they keep them there.

So basically Nuge = Drai.
So let's be consistent. You must think RNH scores 50 goals if he's on McDavid's line. Right?

Last edited:

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
So let's be consistent. You must think RNH scores 50 goals if he's on McDavid's line. Right?

I doubt it.....but to think he wouldn't score more playing a full year with McDavid is just being obtuse.

My only point in this discussion was Oiler fans say that Drai can't run his own line because he plays with scrubs.

But Nuge plays with those same scrubs and does pretty damned good.

I'm no hockey wizard but I'd think that Drai would out point Nuge's totals by a fair margin.

That would at least offer two decent scoring lines instead of the one great line they have now.

Yes, Drai and McDavid are great together.....but they aren't good enough to get you in the playoffs.

So why keep beating the same dead horse? To get the fans excited about McPoints?

Surely that has worn off by now, no?

OilCanada92

May 1, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
I doubt it.....but to think he wouldn't score more playing a full year with McDavid is just being obtuse.

My only point in this discussion was Oiler fans say that Drai can't run his own line because he plays with scrubs.

But Nuge plays with those same scrubs and does pretty damned good.

I'm no hockey wizard but I'd think that Drai would out point Nuge's totals by a fair margin.

That would at least offer two decent scoring lines instead of the one great line they have now.

Yes, Drai and McDavid are great together.....but they aren't good enough to get you in the playoffs.

So why keep beating the same dead horse? To get the fans excited about McPoints?

Surely that has worn off by now, no?
I don't see very many credible posters saying Draisaitl can't run his own line. What they're saying is it shouldn't be a surprised that his point totals decrease when he goes from playing with McDavid to playing with guys who shouldn't be in the league.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
I don't see very many credible posters saying Draisaitl can't run his own line. What they're saying is it shouldn't be a surprised that his point totals decrease when he goes from playing with McDavid to playing with guys who shouldn't be in the league.

Totally agree, his totals would go down. But don't you think it would help the Oilers win more games with two lines threatening to score instead of one?

I get that they put butts in seats.....but at some point they need to be split up.

I find it mind boggling that you guys have said you are desperate to find a third line center when you have McDavid, Drai and Nuge on your team.

That's, what, top 3 center depth in the league?

And you need another one??

That's some crazy shit right there!!

Reactions: Ryuk

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
I'm a Canes fan, a huge Aho fan, and one that thinks there isn't that much difference between Aho and Drai, but I say Draisaitl here without hesitation.

In the last 10 years, only Crosby (09/10), Malkin (11/12), Ovechkin (5 times), Stamkos(9/10 and 11/12) and Perry (10/11) have scored 50 goals. That's some pretty elite company.

In that same 10 years, 100 points has only been eclipsed 18 times. Kucherov, McDavid,H. Sedin, Kane, Ovi, Malkin, Crosby, D. Sedin, Giroux, Backstrom, Marchand. Again, some elite company.
But does he score 50 centering the second line all season?

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
The Nuge seems to make due, no?
Nuge had a career year on a pp unit with Mcdavid, Drai, Chiasson and Klefbom/Nurse.

Drai on his own line still gets you 70-85 points even with scrubs. Mcdavid and him just have crazy good chemistry.

OilCanada92

May 1, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Totally agree, his totals would go down. But don't you think it would help the Oilers win more games with two lines threatening to score instead of one?

I get that they put butts in seats.....but at some point they need to be split up.

I find it mind boggling that you guys have said you are desperate to find a third line center when you have McDavid, Drai and Nuge on your team.

That's, what, top 3 center depth in the league?

And you need another one??

That's some crazy **** right there!!
I'm sure at least part of the reason Draisaitl is on the top line is to keep McDavid sane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad