Leon Draisaitl the most underrated player in the NHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Great point. Marner just played on the wing of that schlep John Tavares.

Draisaitl has an excellent centre while the Leaf player just had some reject the Islanders had let go.
And on the powerplay with another PPG player and 72P Dman (PP and ES).

These arguments to discredit players are laughable when both players involved are playing with very good players.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Without Connor, I think Draisaitl is a 40-40 point per game player. Which is still great, but we shouldn't pretend that just because he hit 50 it means that McDavid has no impact on his totals.

Reactions: Taluss

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Why doesn't this go both ways? EST games start 4:00PM on the west coast. Are people like racing home from work to watch east coast games?
Well truth be told most people I know don't work 9-5 so we see whatever game we choose to watch. Start time is not an issue for us in West.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Without Connor, I think Draisaitl is a 40-40 point per game player. Which is still great, but we shouldn't pretend that just because he hit 50 it means that McDavid has no impact on his totals.
His last 32 games when he is not paired with 97 he has 46 points. Where is the ppg coming from again ? :huh:

Reactions: iCanada

The Worst One

Who wants to die?
Oct 5, 2017
I'm getting pretty sick of people saying that Drai is a product of McDavid. They're both superstars, who complement each other well.

Last edited:
Reactions: zar and Coffey

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
I don't think people know what underrated means.

I think some people (usually the same people every time) try to downplay his achievements because he plays with McDavid, but that doesn't make him underrated.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I'm getting pretty sick of people saying that Drai is a product of McDavid. They're both superstars, who compliment each other well.

There's no reason to get sick of it.

It's a sure fire way to know that the person you are dealing with here doesn't have a clue what they are talking about. You don't need to watch too many Oiler games to realize what a special player he is and how incredibly talented he is.

People that come here and act as if he's riding McDavid's coattails and is a product of McDavid's immense talents just expose themselves as utterly clueless and make it crystal clear that while they are offering their emphatic opinion, they are, rather amazingly, doing so without actually watching Draisaitl play much and without actually looking at the numbers he produces with and without Connor McDavid.

Instead of being sick of it, use it for what it is, a clear piece of evidence that you need not take that poster seriously and move on to find conversations with people that only offer opinions on topics they actually have a real insight into.

Last edited:

oilchamp99

Jan 5, 2011
Edmonton
Tarasenko was signed two years earlier which makes a big difference. He's also not a Center and neither is Pastrnak. Pasta may make up that difference in the first two years of his next contract, he'll certainly get a ton more than 8.5. I bet Boston will wish they had given him more for an 8 year term when that day comes.

Kuznetsov is the only true comparable and since Leon had a better season and playoffs, that's the difference in $$$.
Draisaitl plays winger far more than he does center so that argument isn’t really applicable. I think it’s clear he was overpaid and that was the consensus at the time. Imagine Drai producing at this rate at $7M -$7.5M where he should have been signed at. Regardless, he’s killing it and oilers playing well so I’m happy.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Draisaitl plays winger far more than he does center so that argument isn’t really applicable. I think it’s clear he was overpaid and that was the consensus at the time. Imagine Drai producing at this rate at $7M -$7.5M where he should have been signed at. Regardless, he’s killing it and oilers playing well so I’m happy.
If he was signed at that amount it wouldn't have been 8 years. And regardless of his usual position now, he was 100% a center when that contract was signed.

oilchamp99

Jan 5, 2011
Edmonton
If he was signed at that amount it wouldn't have been 8 years. And regardless of his usual position now, he was 100% a center when that contract was signed.
Obviously he wasn’t signed at that hence the discussion of him being over paid...most Oiler fans were happy he signed for 8 but most thought it was a bit much. Which it was but let’s agree to disagree.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
A 100 points player for that contract is a bargain. I'm sure the Oilers are happy with that. If he took a bridge there is no way you could sign him for that after it's up.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
A 100 points player for that contract is a bargain. I'm sure the Oilers are happy with that. If he took a bridge there is no way you could sign him for that after it's up.
Obviously the contract is a major steal and only going to look better and better. The Oilers bet on him improving and were willing to give him a max term contract for it. One of Chia's rare good moves.

Reactions: Eisen

oilchamp99

Jan 5, 2011
Edmonton
Of course it’s a bargain now but that’s hindsight and not the point. I don’t think any of us thought he would drop 50G or 100p.

bobbyking

May 29, 2018
When he puts in that effort you can tell. last year was a determined draisatl this year looks like we'll see the same

Last edited:

The Worst One

Who wants to die?
Oct 5, 2017
There's no reason to get sick of it.

It's a sure fire way to know that the person you are dealing with her doesn't have a clue what they are talking about. You don't need to watch too many Oiler games to realize what a special player he is and how incredibly talented he is.

People that come here and act as if he's riding McDavid's coattails and is a product of McDavid's immense talents just expose themselves as utterly clueless and make it crystal clear that while they are offering their emphatic opinion, they are, rather amazingly, doing so without actually watching Draisaitl play much and without actually looking at then numbers he produces with and without Connor McDavid.

Instead of being sick of it, use it for what it is, a clear piece of evidence that you need not take that poster seriously and move not to find conversations with people that actually only offer opinions on topics they actually have a real insight into.
Good comment, and you're right.

Reactions: Pointteen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad