Leon Draisaitl the most underrated player in the NHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
You know what might even be more impressive than his scoring? Draisaitl is Tippett's go to guy when the Oilers are down 2 men killing a 5-3 penalty

As he should be. Draisaitl is straight up and without hyperbole ELITE defensively. He intercepts passing lanes with more regularity and effectiveness as the best 2 way players in the league.

Reactions: snipes

LD29

Jan 19, 2019
He is better thanMcDavid and will be remembered as best hockey player the world has ever seen 8nce he has retired. #GermanBlood.

Quote me in 15 years, after he retires with an average of 200 points/season, once he gets out of Edmonton.

I'm honestly sick of people calling McDavid the best hockey player ever, he is a slave of Drai

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yeah. If he can learn that we may have someone who gets thrown around for Selke nomination talk.

I'm not gonna be the one to do it. But if Leon kills penalties well and scores another 40+?
That's a conversation to have after 40 games.

I think a Selke is in his future. The amount of plays he breaks up is insane.

Reactions: Pointteen

PenDuhNotPittsburgh

May 13, 2017
Krefeld
He is better thanMcDavid and will be remembered as best hockey player the world has ever seen 8nce he has retired. #GermanBlood.

Quote me in 15 years, after he retires with an average of 200 points/season, once he gets out of Edmonton.

I'm honestly sick of people calling McDavid the best hockey player ever, he is a slave of Drai

there was a post "without hyperbole". here we got one with hyperbole to keep things in balance.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Very good player, based on some posts here I’d say under appreciated as well.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I think a Selke is in his future. The amount of plays he breaks up is insane.
I said young in his career that he was going to be an elite 2-way player. You could always just see it in his game that once he matured and became more consistent he would be so good in all facets of the game.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006

are you ok there champ?

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Leon has been the straw that stirs the drink for the Oilers 5-0 start, not McDavid. The guy has played in every situation and has dominated. Tippett plays him ~25 min a game and more than McDavid for a reason

Reactions: Trade

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Leon has been the straw that stirs the drink for the Oilers 5-0 start, not McDavid. The guy has played in every situation and has dominated. Tippett plays him ~25 min a game and more than McDavid for a reason
He's been exceptional defensively and an absolute stud on the PK. His defensive game has been inconsistent in past seasons as a young player, but you could always see flashes of elite defensively play. I think that consistency is starting to come, so look out.

Reactions: snipes

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
quite amazing how the big german keeps growing his game. noway anyone would predict him to be the best player on the team through 5 games with mcdavid on the ice

Reactions: McFlyingV

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
There's no reason to get sick of it.

It's a sure fire way to know that the person you are dealing with here doesn't have a clue what they are talking about. You don't need to watch too many Oiler games to realize what a special player he is and how incredibly talented he is.

People that come here and act as if he's riding McDavid's coattails and is a product of McDavid's immense talents just expose themselves as utterly clueless and make it crystal clear that while they are offering their emphatic opinion, they are, rather amazingly, doing so without actually watching Draisaitl play much and without actually looking at the numbers he produces with and without Connor McDavid.

Instead of being sick of it, use it for what it is, a clear piece of evidence that you need not take that poster seriously and move on to find conversations with people that only offer opinions on topics they actually have a real insight into.
Love it.

If you don't have a clue, don't comment. Not everyone has enough time to watch all teams and all players.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Of course it’s a bargain now but that’s hindsight and not the point. I don’t think any of us thought he would drop 50G or 100p.
No, but he signed the deal the summer after he was the oilers best player in the playoffs.

You could see that he was special. But now? Insane.

Reactions: B33K33PING

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
This generations’s Malkin who will likely never truly get the respect he deserves. Drai is a monster and is way more proven in the playoffs than Connor McRegularSeason.

Reactions: McFlyingV

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
This generations’s Malkin who will likely never truly get the respect he deserves. Drai is a monster and is way more proven in the playoffs than Connor McRegularSeason.
You could have called him Connor McOverrated in this post and I still would have liked it. I already know how good Connor is so seeing Draisaitl get some recognition is oh so sweet because he's a top player in this league as well.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
He's a beast and utterly dominant on the ice. All at $8.5m too... steal of a contract. I'd pay him $10.9m in a heartbeat but thankfully we don't have to worry about getting fleeced there.

He doesn't get enough credit for being just as good as McDavid some nights and even better on some. His playmaking is ridiculous; some of the passes he makes and his vision is so f***ing good.

OilCanada92

May 1, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
He's better than Kopitar's ever been.
Kopitar won two Selkes while being 13th and 7th in league scoring. I obviously think Draisaitl is awesome but he's got to round out his game a little more before I say he's better than Kopitar has been at his best. Who knows, though. Maybe this is the season he adds another element to his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad