Leon Draisaitl the most underrated player in the NHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
Why doesn't this go both ways? EST games start 4:00PM on the west coast. Are people like racing home from work to watch east coast games?

West coast people don't need to race home. Even if i get home by 5:00pm after work, i can still catch the majority of the 2nd and all of the 3rd period for a game that started at 4pm pacific time.

Feniggles

Mar 31, 2012
Pennsylvania
West coast people don't need to race home. Even if i get home by 5:00pm after work, i can still catch the majority of the 2nd and all of the 3rd period for a game that started at 4pm pacific time.
loved living on west coast monday night football at 6pm yea boi!

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
The post you quoted was from 2018. O’Reilly’s 2018-2019 season was far and away better than anything Draisaitl has done away from McDavid.

Shows how good your player evaluations are when you try and claim st louis doesn't have a 1c and they win the cup and draisatl isn't a 1c and then he scores 50.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
i don’t know how everyone else rates Draisaitl because I haven't asked everyone else yet. But Draisaitl is right there in the mix as part of the tier of superstars directly below the top 3 of Crosby, Ovechkin, and McDavid. He’s scary good.

Reactions: barry halls

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Shows how good your player evaluations are when you try and claim st louis doesn't have a 1c and they win the cup and draisatl isn't a 1c and then he scores 50.

O’Reilly clearly proved me wrong, but he also played well above his career norm. Good for him.

Draisaitl scored 50 goals as a winger.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
No mainstream player or players are the most underrated in any sport! Not sure who it would be in the NHL, but top line players for darn sure wouldn't be it, as most underrated would be players who don't get recognition at all even when they are quite good. Plenty of people think Leon and similar players are very good players, whether or not everyone agrees.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Right, and East-coasters can still watch the majority of a game that starts @ 10PM. Sorry it's just a pet peeve. :laugh:

Last edited:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
1. Yes, he's underrated. Because people think he's a product of McDavid still, when he's been in fact the better player of the two this year. As well, McDavid gets as much help from Drai as Drai gets from McDavid.
2. He's also underrated because he is literally and without hyperbole one of the best 2 way players in the game with an elite ability to intercept passing lanes and win loose pucks. This is something barely anyone outside of Edmonton know about his game, but soon and with time people will see this.
3. He's also underrated because he is never put in that elite McDavid/Eichel/Laine/Matthews category of young stars when in fact he's been better than most on this list.
4. While also being super underrated, he's also one of if not the best VALUE contract from an elite #1 center in the league.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
This is the dilemma Matthews biggest supporters have been dealing with for the past 2 years.

Yup pretty much.

Also, it's funny how they try to downplay Drai cause he gets help from McDavid when Matthews gets help from Nylander, Reilly, and Marner, Tavares on the PP. It's such a disingenuous and stupid argument you know they are just salty (still crying over the McDavid draft, cause the entitled deserve everything).

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016
He's no McDavid, that is for sure :)

So what you are saying is that Tavares cannot carry his own line and that Marner did all the heavy lifting? Or you just going to use the McDavid excuse anytime an Oiler out performs a Leaf because you are so insecure to admit that another Oiler might be better?

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
So what you are saying is that Tavares cannot carry his own line and that Marner did all the heavy lifting? Or you just going to use the McDavid excuse anytime an Oiler out performs a Leaf because you are so insecure to admit that another Oiler might be better?

I'm not insecure in the slightest. Drai is likely a better player if for no other reason than he is a better goal scorer and can play center. However, you made it seems in your post as if it was a completely out to lunch take when they were pretty close in scoring, and you are also ignoring the McDavid factor AND the PP time Mitch didn't get compared to Drai.

But it is what it is. I'm sure I could find lots of terrible Leaf takes from you with 5 seconds of searching, people are wrong sometimes.

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016
I'm not insecure in the slightest. Drai is likely a better player if for no other reason than he is a better goal scorer and can play center. However, you made it seems in your post as if it was a completely out to lunch take when they were pretty close in scoring, and you are also ignoring the McDavid factor AND the PP time Mitch didn't get compared to Drai.

But it is what it is. I'm sure I could find lots of terrible Leaf takes from you with 5 seconds of searching, people are wrong sometimes.

Go ahead and search my post history. Outside a couple jokes I have been very complimentary towards Toronto players. I was even posting on the Leafs boards last season saying how I hoped Matthew's would have a good season so he and McDavid could have a friendly rivalry.

My issue with your post is that you could not simple admit you were wrong, instead you had to make excuses.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Go ahead and search my post history. Outside a couple jokes I have been very complimentary towards Toronto players. I was even posting on the Leafs boards last season saying how I hoped Matthew's would have a good season so he and McDavid could have a friendly rivalry.

My issue with your post is that you could not simple admit you were wrong, instead you had to make excuses.

I didn't make any excuse. Stating some factors that impacted results is context. And I did say Drai was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad