Leon Draisaitl the most underrated player in the NHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highmarker

Oct 31, 2011
I’d like to challenge the status quo and say at this very moment I believe Drai is better than McDavid. I have watched a couple games now in depth and he is a more effective player. His skill set undeniable and he is big as they come. You are just not moving that guy in the corners.

i truly believe if he had his own team he would be in the conversation for best player in the league!

they truly have become what Crosby and Malkin were in Pittsburgh. There were stretches where Malkin looked like the superior player and you're right so far this season Drai has been the oilers best player.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
The stats say that most their points were independent of each other.

Even if they never spend a second on the ice together their points are never truly independent of one another. When they’re on separate lines, only one of them draws the line matching of the opposing team’s most adept shut down players. That’s an interdependence that is always true of star teammates on different lines, and it’s part of why duos like Crosby-Malkin or Lemieux-Francis or Gretzky-Messier were so dominant - half of the duo always got second-tier shadowing.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I’d like to challenge the status quo and say at this very moment I believe Drai is better than McDavid. I have watched a couple games now in depth and he is a more effective player. His skill set undeniable and he is big as they come. You are just not moving that guy in the corners.

i truly believe if he had his own team he would be in the conversation for best player in the league!
It's pretty well acknowledged on the HFOil. Not to say that McDavid has been bad; it's just that Draisaitl showed up to camp and looked like a power forward in his prime. McDavid looks like a guy still getting up to speed after a summer of physiotherapy.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

I think the general consensus amongst most Oilers fans who have watched every game this year think Draisaitl has been the better player this year.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
That contract is brutal and we don't miss PC at all. Good player, terrible value

giphy.gif

Last edited:

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Great bump. Amazing how he went from most underrated to most overrated. Cant argue about the value of his contract though.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Very pleased with his development. He’s clearly a line driver with decent line mates as the..
RNH - Draisaitl - Yamamoto line was dominant. He’s clearly a #1 caliber center and gives us options moving forward.

I was wanting him centring his own line for about a year and a half. Glad he finally got his. Still needs to improve defensively but I think as the team depth improves so will his D play as he was getting quite overworked at one point and it was showing.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Do it for a full season without McDavid and Ill be impressed.

Lol, no you won’t.

You’ll just keep moving the posts for your asinine take.

110 points, clear margin over second place. “LeTs SeE hIm Do It SoLo”.

f***, why not handicap every player? Let’s see how your precious Mackinnon does without Landeskog, Makar, Rantanen for a full season too. Why stop there?

Of course your post is liked by the guy who said ROR+Reinhart>McDavid Draisaitl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad