Leon Draisaitl the most underrated player in the NHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Great players help each other. Remove draisaitl from mcdavid and give mcdavid steve chaisson and kassian as wingers and his production will fall.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
He's arguably the Oilers MVP so far this season. Averaging 25:06 per game, he has the most TOI by any forward in the league so far (13th overall, with #1-12 all being defenseman). He takes most of the face-offs and is the most used Oiler forward on the PK. If you watched him play the last 4 games, you would see a complete all-around forward that works hard in all 3 zones. If he continues at this rate, he should be a serious consideration for the Selke

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Great players help each other. Remove draisaitl from mcdavid and give mcdavid steve chaisson and kassian as wingers and his production will fall.

Wholly shit. So you mean 2-1=1. You must be some divine entity...amazing analogy. This theory is universal.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
He's arguably the Oilers MVP so far this season. Averaging 25:06 per game, he has the most TOI by any forward in the league so far (13th overall, with #1-12 all being defenseman). He takes most of the face-offs and is the most used Oiler forward on the PK. If you watched him play the last 4 games, you would see a complete all-around forward that works hard in all 3 zones. If he continues at this rate, he should be a serious consideration for the Selke

That’s pretty much the exact situation as last year.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
He's only underrated by the eastern folks people that watch him in the west realize how good he really is. Drai is the man for sure and him with McDavid or without is still a great player!!

Reactions: Feniggles

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
I just don’t think it’s possible for a player on a Canadian team who hit 100 pts and plays with the best player in the league to be the most underrated. I just think there’s way too many eyes. You could make the argument he’s under appreciated but underrated?

Sure you remove mcdavid from draisaitl and mcdavids would drop, that’s true.
However if you remove draisaitl from mcdavid it is Leon’s numbers that would fall significantly more. And that’s been proven.
I’m not so sure how much mcdavids would, I mean it surely would because as you said great players help great players and I know I bring up Eichel a lot and I don’t want to talk about him dither this hen this but I have to for this example, he still produced when he played with girgesens And Rodrigues both at times on the first line at a very good clip. Superstars can produce no matter what but obviously they produce more with other great players.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
He's only underrated by the eastern folks people that watch him in the west realize how good he really is. Drai is the man for sure and him with McDavid or without is still a great player!!
Why doesn't this go both ways? EST games start 4:00PM on the west coast. Are people like racing home from work to watch east coast games?

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
I just don’t think it’s possible for a player on a Canadian team who hit 100 pts and plays with the best player in the league to be the most underrated. I just think there’s way too many eyes. You could make the argument he’s under appreciated but underrated?

Sure you remove mcdavid from draisaitl and mcdavids would drop, that’s true.
However if you remove draisaitl from mcdavid it is Leon’s numbers that would fall significantly more. And that’s been proven.
I’m not so sure how much mcdavids would, I mean it surely would because as you said great players help great players and I know I bring up Eichel a lot and I don’t want to talk about him dither this hen this but I have to for this example, he still produced when he played with girgesens And Rodrigues both at times on the first line at a very good clip. Superstars can produce no matter what but obviously they produce more with other great players.
Well, for what it's worth, I remember this conversation coming up in McDavid's second year and when extrapolated out, McDavid's 82 game point pace without Draisaitl would have been 97.

He finished with 100 that season.

oilchamp99

Jan 5, 2011
Edmonton
Which comparables signed for 8 years?
Kuznetsov. Tarasenko earlier.
Pastarnak only signed for 6 years but do you really think if he signed for 2 more years BOS would have given him $28M more. Doubtful. Drai was overpaid when he signed but thats not his fault.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Nah... just not appreciated as much.

Underrated is Kopitar back in his rookie season. I would have given him the Calder over Malkin. You just knew he’d be something special but nobody watched the Kings back then.... they were baaad.

Then Barkov until a few years ago.

Now? I feel it’s Wheeler or Schiefele or Mark Stone.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Marner will outscore him this season.

Put 25,000 vbucks on it?

Wishing the guy you bet against took this. You got off lucky. Draisaitl easily finished ahead of Marner and popped in 50 too. Marner will outscore him ....:laugh::lol:

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Kuznetsov. Tarasenko earlier.
Pastarnak only signed for 6 years but do you really think if he signed for 2 more years BOS would have given him $28M more. Doubtful. Drai was overpaid when he signed but thats not his fault.
Tarasenko was signed two years earlier which makes a big difference. He's also not a Center and neither is Pastrnak. Pasta may make up that difference in the first two years of his next contract, he'll certainly get a ton more than 8.5. I bet Boston will wish they had given him more for an 8 year term when that day comes.

Kuznetsov is the only true comparable and since Leon had a better season and playoffs, that's the difference in $$$.

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016
Nah... just not appreciated as much.

Underrated is Kopitar back in his rookie season. I would have given him the Calder over Malkin. You just knew he’d be something special but nobody watched the Kings back then.... they were baaad.

Then Barkov until a few years ago.

Now? I feel it’s Wheeler or Schiefele or Mark Stone.

I still feel Draisaitl is still under rated but not nearly as much as before. Out of your list I feel like Mark Stone is overrated by a little bit. I cannot speak for this year as there are only a few games but last year there were some crazy polls/comments.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
He only produces like a top line superstar with McDavid.

In order to be considered a true Stanley Cup #1C he will need to spend an entire season away from McDavid and play at that level.

You like to throw this "stanley cup 1c" around a lot but how do you even define it? You claimed st louis center depth is not nearly good enough to be considered contenders yet they won the cup. Now youre claiming draisatl isn't a 1c after he scored 50 goals?

But burns and karlsoon are top 5 d. Your posts are a joke.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
You like to throw this "stanley cup 1c" around a lot but do how do you even define it? You claimed st louis center depth is not nearly good enough to be considered contenders yet they won the cup. Now youre claiming draisatl isn't a 1c after he scored 50 goals?

But burns aND karlsoon are top 5 d. Your posts are a joke.

The post you quoted was from 2018. You should probably learn to read before telling other people that their posts are a joke.

O’Reilly’s 2018-2019 season was far and away better than anything Draisaitl has done away from McDavid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad