Leon Draisaitl the most underrated player in the NHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
I know most will say that he only produces with McDavid but that’s not true.

He produced at a 2.01 P/60 away from McDavid and played more minutes away from him.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I know most will say that he only produces with McDavid but that’s not true.

He produced at a 2.01 P/60 away from McDavid and played more minutes away from him.

He only produces like a top line superstar with McDavid.

In order to be considered a true Stanley Cup #1C he will need to spend an entire season away from McDavid and play at that level.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I don't think his talent is underappreciated. People correctly disagree with any notion of him being considered a 1C or listed as one of the league's best centers, but that's not necessarily to do with McDavid's shadow - he just isn't proven enough as a center to go there just yet.

Reactions: Garthinater

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Considering he had a 2.79 P/60 overall, and 2.01 puts him around guys like Zach Parise, Kevin Hayes and Max Domi? That's not good...
The poster was talking about 5-on-5 stats. 2.01 puts him with players like Eichel, Tavares, Backstrom, Marner, and Laine.

Tobias Rieder will hopefully be stapled to Draisaitl all season so he doesn't have a revolving door of wingers again.

Last edited:

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
He's rated pretty evenly IMO, I wouldn't call him a 1C yet until he can play a full year centering his own line putting up 70+ points. His most common linemate last year was still McDavid even though he can center his own line.

Syyncrow

Dec 16, 2017
Same tier (slightly lower) as, Mathews, Eichel, Marner, currently. Could/probably change later as they reach their potential.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
More like overrated. When Connor is not making him look like an all star he is a 50-60 point centre. I mean that is not bad production but he is not a star and certainly not worth his contract.
This post is based on absolutely nothing.

Draisaitl put up 21 points at 5-on-5 away from McDavid last season. Over an entire season that would be 39 points just at full strength. He's only going to score between 11 and 21 points in all other situations the rest of the season (PP, PK, 4-on-4, 3-on-3, empty nets)? Not a chance.

Last edited:

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
More like overrated. When Connor is not making him look like an all star he is a 50-60 point centre. I mean that is not bad production but he is not a star and certainly not worth his contract.
Are u mad ...that he recently beat Monahan in a poll.....:banghead:

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
This post is based on absolutely nothing.

Draisaitl put up 21 points at 5-on-5 away from McDavid last season. Over an entire season that would be 39 points just at full strength. He's only going to score between 11 and 21 points in all other situations the rest of the season (PP, PK, 4-on-4, 3-on-3, pulled goalies)? Not a chance.
You didn't even have to respond to this one. Flames Justin over here can't even spell his own name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad