Leon Draisaitl the most underrated player in the NHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
I'm not a big Drai fan but McDavid was terrible defensively last night and deserves more heat than LD. He has all the tools to be the best defensive forward in the game but he doesn't seem to care about it as much as he should (yet).

guzzy

Jul 6, 2005
We're blaming Draisaitl for McDavid leaving his guy? Lol.
no i think this has more reference to Drai's wonderful effort on Kane the other night. The guy is terrible at defence. McDavid has a lot of growing away from the puck before he deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Crosby.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Why is every player in the league either overrated or underrated according to HFBoards?

Because if Draisaitl played #1C caliber at the second center position for Edmonton, they would be like Pittsburgh and they would be succeeding and winning by now. He's underperforming, hence we have to rate him because we can't celebrate him.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Because if Draisaitl played #1C caliber at the second center position for Edmonton, they would be like Pittsburgh and they would be succeeding and winning by now. He's underperforming, hence we have to rate him because we can't celebrate him.
I’m not just him, literally every player that ever played hockey is constantly in this balancing act between overrated and underrated on this site.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
I'm not a big Drai fan but McDavid was terrible defensively last night and deserves more heat than LD. He has all the tools to be the best defensive forward in the game but he doesn't seem to care about it as much as he should (yet).

the guy has one bad game in his whole career :laugh:

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Why is every player in the league either overrated or underrated according to HFBoards?

Theres no reason to make a post about a player being rated fairly. If the public opinion of a player isnt justified (eg; overrated, underrated) then someone will post about it.

"hey guys I just wanted to make a thread about Sidney Crosby. Now the general opinion is that he is a really good player, and he is! Ok have a nice day"

See how stupid that would be?

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Theres no reason to make a post about a player being rated fairly. If the public opinion of a player isnt justified (eg; overrated, underrated) then someone will post about it.

"hey guys I just wanted to make a thread about Sidney Crosby. Now the general opinion is that he is a really good player, and he is! Ok have a nice day"

See how stupid that would be?
Uhhh that does happen. Ie “Wayne Gretzky is underrated on Hf”. Every other week Barkov, draisaitl, and others flip flop between being overrated and underrated. And plenty of people have called Crosby both of those on this sight, you just haven’t looked hard enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->