LeBrun: LeBrun and Jamie Noodles Maclennan (overdrive): Trades Comin'

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
This is the perfect season for the leafs to go all in imo.

The canada division playoffs should be relatively easy for the leafs... and they should be heading into the later rounds healthy.... adding a little more weapons up front(or physical depth in your middle 6) could be the move that puts them above.

For the Leafs, definitely, but it's probably true for the other North division teams as well. All of them have to like their chances better without a true heavyweight in the division.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
I think Pearson would be a great fit for the Leafs, the Canucks could easily retain as well, plus, our GM trading is the equivalent to Dustin Penner eating pancakes or Sopel picking up a cracker so the other team likely won’t have to give up much.

Looney Toonies

May 30, 2012
Canada
It's the young Leaf fans who make 100 proposals per day including every player on the roster.

Realistically, Liljegren/Sandin/Robertson/Amirov are the cream of the crop Leafs prospects and won't be moved barring a massive acquisition. TOR is looking for one piece - either a 2nd line LW, or a 3rd line C, depending on where Kerfoot settles in the lineup (he's looked good on JT's wing again). You don't trade one of your best prospects for that kind of piece.

Since the back-half of Liljegren's 19 year old season, he's cemented himself in this team's future. Ask any knowledgeable Leaf fan who has watched the Marlies this season and they would say he's borderline untouchable. Amazing start to the year as the team's MVP again.
I logged in purely to give you my like. I can't get over the amount of posts I see acting as if Lilly is a throw in. He's the best D prospect the Leafs have had in a very, very long time. (Sandin included imo)

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Granlund makes the most sense from the Preds perspective. Toronto is standing at the buffet line trying to figure out what the last spot on their plate gets.

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
If the Leafs trade with an American team I would put money on the trade happening around March 15.

From March 15-25 the Leafs have 2 4-day breaks with 2 games vs Calgary in the middle. It is the perfect time for a player to start their quarantine and not miss a lot of playing time.

CanadianCoyote

Oct 11, 2020
Ontario, Canada
If Toronto's looking for anything on the market, it's someone to fill whatever position Kerfoot doesn't settle into. I don't see them having very much need for anything else.

They don't need a goalie right now since Hutch has held down the fort very well while Campbell and Andersen rest up, their blueline is the best it's been in a while and, more importantly, the healthiest it's been in a while...and clearly, they're not having trouble on offense even without Matthews playing the game on Saturday.

Reactions: leafsfan2point0

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
I think Pearson would be a great fit for the Leafs, the Canucks could easily retain as well, plus, our GM trading is the equivalent to Dustin Penner eating pancakes or Sopel picking up a cracker so the other team likely won’t have to give up much.

I've suggested something like a 2021 2nd round pick and a 2022 4th round pick for Pearson retained.

Reactions: Seatoo

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Rickard Rackell retained at 50% has been my 1st choice for a while if the Leafs go the winger route. Ideal 2nd line fit, IMO. 1.9 million cap hit in 2022 is very interesting to me given the Leafs cap situation.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
This is the perfect season for the leafs to go all in imo.

The canada division playoffs should be relatively easy for the leafs... and they should be heading into the later rounds healthy.... adding a little more weapons up front(or physical depth in your middle 6) could be the move that puts them above.

Yea but what are they really going to add? They kind of went "all in" during the off season in a way. Plus if you yard for one of the players in the USA at the deadline you probably won't get to use them until the playoffs, and what if they don't fit well with the team?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yea but what are they really going to add? They kind of went "all in" during the off season in a way. Plus if you yard for one of the players in the USA at the deadline you probably won't get to use them until the playoffs, and what if they don't fit well with the team?
They could add more skill up front... maybe more beef in the line up ... upgrade at 3c... there are areas they can improve.

Adding more fire power for playoffs is never a bad move when you are in their position pending cost. But they are in a good spot to shoot for a cup

Making the playoffs is a no brainer... and Toronto should easily come out of the Canada division. But the team can be better to beat teams like Tampa, Boston, Florida, Carolina, Vegas etc.

Last edited:

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Does trading with an American team at the deadline add more cap flexibility? Because the person has to quarantine I am assuming they would not be counted against the cap, right? Anyone want to clear this up.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
They could add more skill up front... maybe more beef in the line up ... upgrade at 3c... there are areas they can improve.

Adding more fire power for playoffs is never a bad move when you are in their position pending cost. But they are in a good spot to shoot for a cup

Making the playoffs is a no brainer... and Toronto should easily come out of the Canada division. But the team can be better to beat teams like Tampa, Boston, Florida, Carolina, Vegas etc.
have Leaf and Ducks fans made any ground on a Rakell@50% deal?
I will offer 2021 1st+Amirov+Neimela+Engvall

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad