LeBrun: LeBrun and Jamie Noodles Maclennan (overdrive): Trades Comin'

grapes55

Sep 14, 2017
theneckguard.wordpress.com
I wonder if Mikyehev is available he's a really good player and I'd hate to lose him but if they want a top 6 winger he has value

I doubt it, even though he's been insanely snakebitten offensively he's still relied on pretty heavily defensively and on the PK. If the Leafs go for a rental they probably won't give up anyone on the roster

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I doubt it, even though he's been insanely snakebitten offensively he's still relied on pretty heavily defensively and on the PK. If the Leafs go for a rental they probably won't give up anyone on the roster

If they made him available it wouldn't be for a rental

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Sorry but Ekholm is a top pair defenseman on leafs. Period.
You think leafs defense is so good that he plays third pair? Really?? Who’s better than Ekholm on leafs defense?
Reilly Muzzin, the two LHD. He’s be third pairing

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
Those wouldn't be guys the leafs are interested in. They would want a depth top 9. 3C or a 2LW with sandpaper
You mean like Hyman?

Leafs top 6 is set as there is only so many minutes to split among Matthews, Marner, Thornton, Nylander, Tavares and Hyman.

Eric Staal makes sense.

Reactions: leafsfan2point0

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Why is everyone so anxious to trade away liljgren?
It's the young Leaf fans who make 100 proposals per day including every player on the roster.

Realistically, Liljegren/Sandin/Robertson/Amirov are the cream of the crop Leafs prospects and won't be moved barring a massive acquisition. TOR is looking for one piece - either a 2nd line LW, or a 3rd line C, depending on where Kerfoot settles in the lineup (he's looked good on JT's wing again). You don't trade one of your best prospects for that kind of piece.

Since the back-half of Liljegren's 19 year old season, he's cemented himself in this team's future. Ask any knowledgeable Leaf fan who has watched the Marlies this season and they would say he's borderline untouchable. Amazing start to the year as the team's MVP again.

cgc83

30-HELENS-AGREE
Jul 8, 2018
I wish we could trade Noodles there to a sports radio in Lloyd Minster or something ... oh no worries nothing in return

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
It's the young Leaf fans who make 100 proposals per day including every player on the roster.

Realistically, Liljegren/Sandin/Robertson/Amirov are the cream of the crop Leafs prospects and won't be moved barring a massive acquisition. TOR is looking for one piece - either a 2nd line LW, or a 3rd line C, depending on where Kerfoot settles in the lineup (he's looked good on JT's wing again). You don't trade one of your best prospects for that kind of piece.

Since the back-half of Liljegren's 19 year old season, he's cemented himself in this team's future. Ask any knowledgeable Leaf fan who has watched the Marlies this season and they would say he's borderline untouchable. Amazing start to the year as the team's MVP again.

Pretty much this. I don't think the Leafs are going big game hunting, and Liljegren is not going anywhere for anything short of that. Same with our 1st or any of our other top prospects.

I think the Leafs look for a rental 3C or 2LW and they aren't going to pay more than what VAN paid for Toffoli last year... Especially since we aren't getting Hall and I don't think the next tier (Palmieri, Iafallo, Staal, etc.) are worth more than Toffoli.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Leafs need goalie depth, not wingers ffs.
Lol what? Campbell is a great back up and I'm not basing that off just tonight, and Hutch has been good as the backup to the backup too.

We need a top 6 left winger that can play consistently with Tavares and Nylander. Hyman should preferably be with Matthews and Marner while Thornton moves more into a depth role with PP minutes come playoff time.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Honestly, I am not sure the Leafs will be buyers. I'd go after Danault or a similar forward, but otherwise, I don't see much that makes sense. We need our top prospect ELCs moving forward.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
If Lil and a late 1st are what you are willing to give up then don’t expect anything of value back.

That's significantly more valuable than what we gave up for 1.5 years of Muzzin. Is a #2/3 D worth less than a 2nd line winger or 3C now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad