LeBrun: LeBrun and Jamie Noodles Maclennan (overdrive): Trades Comin'

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
It really depends.... you can always improve your roster.... leafs arnt a perfect team. They should win Canadian division with ease but some of the other teams like Boston/Tampa etc will be tough
what about you guys get to choose 2021 or 2022 1st(you would think its an easy choice but it isn't) Yes the 2021 pick will be a later pick than 2022 but with the 2021 pick you may get to draft 19yr olds so hell even a late 1st should result in an NHL player.
for prospects 1 of Amirov, Neimela, SDA. I think they would be iffy to deal guys like Lilj, Sandin considering the development resources used so far.
for $$ 1 of Engvall or Vesey
so does choice of 2021 or 2022 1st+choice of Amirov/Neimela/SDA+choice of Engvall/Vesey work for a 50% Rakell?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
what about you guys get to choose 2021 or 2022 1st(you would think its an easy choice but it isn't) Yes the 2021 pick will be a later pick than 2022 but with the 2021 pick you may get to draft 19yr olds so hell even a late 1st should result in an NHL player.
for prospects 1 of Amirov, Neimela, SDA. I think they would be iffy to deal guys like Lilj, Sandin considering the development resources used so far.
for $$ 1 of Engvall or Vesey
so does choice of 2021 or 2022 1st+choice of Amirov/Neimela/SDA+choice of Engvall/Vesey work for a 50% Rakell?
I’d do that pretty easily, if it was amirov
Hell I’d even throw in grant or Jones

Reactions: Deadly Dogma

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
If there is one team that shouldn't give a damn about the two week quarentine it's the Leafs, they are 1st overall, they could acquire a guy now, on deadline day or somewhere in between and it doesn't matter they have both the time to wait, and the depth to cover until the new player or players arrive, the two week quarentine should not be a factor

This narrative is getting old. All it takes is the Jets winning two games in hand against the Canucks and taking 2/3 against the leafs in the next 10 days for them to be one point back. That's not exactly an impossible task.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
This narrative is getting old. All it takes is the Jets winning two games in hand against the Canucks and taking 2/3 against the leafs in the next 10 days for them to be one point back. That's not exactly an impossible task.

Yup all it takes is to win 4 games

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I’d do that pretty easily, if it was amirov
Hell I’d even throw in grant or Jones
IMO I think Rakell would help our top 6 a ton hell really helps the whole top 12 cause it bumps good guys down.
Thorton-Matthews-Marner
Rakell-Tavares-Nylander
Hyman-Kerfoot-Simmonds
Mikheyev-Speeza-Boyd

so yea lets do it 2021 1st+Amivov+Engvall for Rakell@50%

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
Many Leaf fans want Bennett, but don’t want to give anything of value for him. If the Flames wanted to “dump” him, he would already have been traded.

He’s clearly not getting moved for a 2nd or 3rd round pick.
50% retained and they could get a decent return. Look at what a legit cup threat paid for Goodrow on his contract. Goodrow had an extra year but its covid times so retaining would cost more.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Many Leaf fans want Bennett, but don’t want to give anything of value for him. If the Flames wanted to “dump” him, he would already have been traded.

He’s clearly not getting moved for a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Almost no Leaf fans want him on our board, so that’s surprising.

Because Amirov is a great prospect and his ELC will come in handy. A 1st I could fathom, though.

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
Goodrow is a better player, though.
Guess it depends on how they view Bennett's playoff success

Edit: I should make it clear that I'm not arguing that Bennett should return the same or that he's as good as Goodrow. Just that Bennett is solidly a middle 6 forward who can play 3c with grit and playoff acumen. Leafs want to go far in the playoffs for once and might value that playoff performance alot.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Almost no Leaf fans want him on our board, so that’s surprising.

Because Amirov is a great prospect and his ELC will come in handy. A 1st I could fathom, though.
maybe Neimela+Abramov and our 1st with Engvall?
To me Rakell would be a great fit as our 2lw. I see his stats are poor but the whole Ducks team's stats are poor. Unless he has been hot garbage?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
maybe Neimela+Abramov and our 1st with Engvall?
To me Rakell would be a great fit as our 2lw. I see his stats are poor but the whole Ducks team's stats are poor. Unless he has been hot garbage?
He’s actually been arguably our best player behind lindholm...: but he’s been fairly unlucky and he is more of a complimentary player you put alongside good players... unfortunately ducks have basically no good players

Reactions: Deadly Dogma

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Have you seen the season Rakell has had? This is a horrible trade for the leafs.
Clearly you havnt seen much of Rakell at all.... with comments like that. And just looking at stats.... he’s basically been our best player outside of lindholm... a bit unlucky and no supporting cast but Rakell has been good majority of games

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Grant and Rakell at 50%
prob starts at

1st + amirov or robertson + some sort of money coming back from toronto ... i assume engvall or something

Zero chance Robertson goes in a trade like this, and maybe 5 percent chance Amirov would be included. The cost would be a 1st certainly but a lesser prospect: think Niemala, Hirvonen, Kuokonen, Hallander ish level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad