LeBrun: LeBrun and Jamie Noodles Maclennan (overdrive): Trades Comin'

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Derek grant would be a great fit for the Leafs bottom 6 too.

Maybe a trade with the Ducks that get us both Rakell (50%) and Grant?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
If Lil and a late 1st are what you are willing to give up then don’t expect anything of value back.
Of course they would get something good for that. A 1st + decent prospect has been the going rate for top 6F/top 4D rentals for a while now.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Canucks would want a quality RD near ready prospect coming back for Pearson. Can Liljegren be that guy? I wouldnt have thought so in the past but he has improved, maybe there is a deal to be made there. Pearson 50% retained and Chatts for Liljegren and a dump and a mid pick?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Derek grant would be a great fit for the Leafs bottom 6 too.

Maybe a trade with the Ducks that get us both Rakell (50%) and Grant?
Grant and Rakell at 50%
prob starts at

1st + amirov or robertson + some sort of money coming back from toronto ... i assume engvall or something

genk

Nov 15, 2015
There is a near 0 percent chance the Leafs give up any of Amirov, Robertson, Sandin or Lijlegrin.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Why is everyone so anxious to trade away liljgren?
idk it's their best prospect trade piece outside of the one's they consider untouchable or really don't want to move (Robertson, Sandin, Amirov). Maybe also because of the emergence of Niemela as a solid RHD prospect & Holl Brodie excelling on right side. Not being sarcastic, just my thoughts on it.

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
idk it's their best prospect trade piece outside of the one's they consider untouchable or really don't want to move (Robertson, Sandin, Amirov). Maybe also because of the emergence of Niemela as a solid RHD prospect & Holl Brodie excelling on right side. Not being sarcastic, just my thoughts on it.
Are people not aware that Holl is almost 30? Up until a couple months ago no leafs fan even heard of niemela and now they've already anointed him their best d prospect cause he had a good world junior tournament. Liljgren is still their best D prospect and that includes Sandin

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Are people not aware that Holl is almost 30? Up until a couple months ago no leafs fan even heard of niemela and now they've already anointed him their best d prospect cause he had a good world junior tournament. Liljgren is still their best D prospect and that includes Sandin
Yea it's pretty crazy that he's almost 30, a late bloomer that hopefully can continue to grow which is absurd given his age; some D peak late though, just look at Brent Burns and Mark Giordano. Liljegren should still be considered their top RHD prospect and respectively hold more trade value. Topi Niemela has a full many years of ELC ahead of him & I personally have a hunch he will fill out and be very good; I've thought this since well before the world juniors. I'm hoping there is more market trade value in Liljegren but that Dubas personally likes Topi Niemela more and wants to hold on to what hopefully is a draft gem.

Last edited:

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
If Lil and a late 1st are what you are willing to give up then don’t expect anything of value back.

lilegren is very underrated - He’s played excellent in the AHL the last 2 seasons and should be in the NHL right now. I would be disappointed if we trade him even if we have a decent chance at the cup - unless it’s a good return

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
lilegren is very underrated - He’s played excellent in the AHL the last 2 seasons and should be in the NHL right now. I would be disappointed if we trade him even if we have a decent chance at the cup - unless it’s a good return
I think management is likely anxious to bring a cup back to toronto.... so if the trade makes sense i can see them pulling the trigger.

But if you say Sandin Robertson Amirov Niemla and Liljegren are all untouchable... not exactly leaving a ton of stuff to trade with.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I could see the Sharks start selling some pieces. They suck now and with their best forward out for 2 weeks and no C depth, it’s only going to get worse.

It's difficult to imagine what the Sharks could actually move. Obviously Karlsson, Vlasic and Burns are huge long term commitments the team would do well to ship out to start the new era, but in a flat cap pandemic, not sure that nibbling around the big problems will have much of an impact either.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Does trading with an American team at the deadline add more cap flexibility? Because the person has to quarantine I am assuming they would not be counted against the cap, right? Anyone want to clear this up.

Not sure how it worked with PLD but I imagine the player still counts against the cap? Teams in Canada are well aware of quarantine rules.

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
I think management is likely anxious to bring a cup back to toronto.... so if the trade makes sense i can see them pulling the trigger.

But if you say Sandin Robertson Amirov Niemla and Liljegren are all untouchable... not exactly leaving a ton of stuff to trade with.
Well they don't really need to make anyajor roster changes this season, maybe just some minor tweeks

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Well they don't really need to make anyajor roster changes this season, maybe just some minor tweeks
It really depends.... you can always improve your roster.... leafs arnt a perfect team. They should win Canadian division with ease but some of the other teams like Boston/Tampa etc will be tough

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->