LeBrun: LeBrun and Jamie Noodles Maclennan (overdrive): Trades Comin'

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Yesterday's "Overdrive" JNM and LeBrun speculated that because of the quarentine rules and border crossing there might be some movement in the next 2 weeks. LeBrun mentioned CGY as being one of those teams.

"If Kyle Dubas and the Leafs are going after a top 9 forward, they are going to do it well ahead of the deadline. Likely well ahead of the rest of the Canadian teams."

Side note: Should HF be setting up a make shift early deadline week thread, or will it just happen around the real deadline?

LeBrun on the Canadiens bumpy week, the trade market & which teams might be willing to take a gamble ahead of the deadline

Speculate away. I wonder what CGY and TOR are willing to give up. 1st round picks, johnny gaudreau, Liljegren, Dermott, Lehtonen, Bachlund, etc?

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
I think realistically the leafs are willing to give up any prospects IF the trade makes sense. Likely our top 3 prospects are not getting traded tho. It really depends the difference between top 9 vs top 6 vs top line. There are big gaps between each of these levels.

Reactions: Dirty Sanchez

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I’d say leafs trade chips are Lil and the 1st. Keep Sandin and Robertson.
I think Dermott will be kept to be exposed to Seattle

Many firsts may be up for grabs but their value could be at an all time low due to the uncertainty of this years draft. Both the timing and prospect exposure.
I think the most valuable assets this year are going to be just drafted 2019/2020 prospects that are currently playing somewhere.

Reactions: banks and Petrus

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
This is the leafs best year to go all in. Just simply based on the playoff structure. Everyone prospect and every pick should be on the table.

Reactions: Space umpire

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Leafs need to spend this season, absolutely.

Just depends on what our needs are versus our salary situation.

Who would we target?

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
I’d say leafs trade chips are Lil and the 1st. Keep Sandin and Robertson.
I think Dermott will be kept to be exposed to Seattle

Many firsts may be up for grabs but their value could be at an all time low due to the uncertainty of this years draft. Both the timing and prospect exposure.
I think the most valuable assets this year are going to be just drafted 2019/2020 prospects that are currently playing somewhere.
If Lil and a late 1st are what you are willing to give up then don’t expect anything of value back.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
It does makes sense for teams to dig deep into trade talks early.
We'll definitely see less trades overall I would think simply because of the potential quarantining involved.
Fun to talk about though.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I could see the Sharks start selling some pieces. They suck now and with their best forward out for 2 weeks and no C depth, it’s only going to get worse.
Why is Hertl out? Also, do you think he'd be available? Leafs can't afford him, just asking in general.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Why is Hertl out? Also, do you think he'd be available? Leafs can't afford him, just asking in general.
Covid. He was the only positive test so no games cancelled. I would have Hertl available but it would take a big package to move him so there would never be a trade agreed here.

Personally in my opinion everyone on the Sharks would be available except Ferraro, Merkley, Ozzy, Bordeleau, Leonard.

Reactions: smitty10

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Leafs need goalie depth, not wingers ffs.
Funnily enough if the Leafs need a goalie I imagine that Bernier is available. He's been excellent behind a couple of terrible Wings teams. He's a UFA after the season and the Wings could retain salary too.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Pretty confident that Brandon Sutter and Jordie Benn get dealt pretty soon.

Juolevi is ready and too good to be sitting. Sutter on last year should be a good depth add for a good team. He would help the Oilers 4th line.

my guess is this:

Sutter gets a 4th rounder
Benn gets a 5th rounder

Pearson is dealt, gets a 2nd rounder.

I think the trades will start to happen soon.

Reactions: McJedi

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
if leafs need goalie depth detroit has bernier whose been rock solid for 2 seasons with a weak team in front of him . detroit could also trade the rejuvinated bobby ryan ,or glendenny to give leafs depth . all these guys could be at 50% retained . and detroit could take back short term bad cap hits

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
if leafs need goalie depth detroit has bernier whose been rock solid for 2 seasons with a weak team in front of him . detroit could also trade the rejuvinated bobby ryan ,or glendenny to give leafs depth . all these guys could be at 50% retained . and detroit could take back short term bad cap hits
Preds also have Saros available and have tons of cap space. Come and get him leafs! Not to mention the rest of the team is pretty much available!

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Leafs need more of a Rust, Bonino, Foligno or Jenner kind of guy.

Need top 9 with some grit who can play against the boards.

A strong LW would be ideal.

I know bringing back Connor Brown has been widely considered.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Pearson 50% retained and Chatts to the Leafs for Liljegren, a dump and a 4th round pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad