LeBrun: LeBrun and Jamie Noodles Maclennan (overdrive): Trades Comin'

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Clearly you havnt seen much of Rakell at all.... with comments like that. And just looking at stats.... he’s basically been our best player outside of lindholm... a bit unlucky and no supporting cast but Rakell has been good majority of games

Rakell can be fine, but his season, plus his underlying stats are not enough to grab a 1st round pick AND a blue chip prospect like Robertson/Amirov

upload_2021-3-1_10-24-13.png

This does not grab you a 1st and a blue chip.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Zero chance Robertson goes in a trade like this, and maybe 5 percent chance Amirov would be included. The cost would be a 1st certainly but a lesser prospect: think Niemala, Hirvonen, Kuokonen, Hallander ish level.
Idk if that is really exciting enough.

I assume we agree Rakell is worth a 1st and a prospect at full price
grant is a decent piece but value is prob a 4th

So now you have to add the fact that the ducks are taking 3.8 mil in cap space over 2 years and what the value on that. Guess we will see tho, a lot depends on how many teams are interested in Rakell.

I think if leafs avoid robertson or amirov in the trade there’s prob another piece on top of the guys you listed

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Rakell can be fine, but his season, plus his underlying stats are not enough to grab a 1st round pick AND a blue chip prospect like Robertson/Amirov

View attachment 401978

This does not grab you a 1st and a blue chip.

really the market dictates that, and I assume if you watched a game you’d likely see that those stats don’t tell the whole story.

Also the trade in question is Rakell at 1.9 over 2 years which heavily impacts his value I assume specially to a team tight on cap

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Idk if that is really exciting enough.

I assume we agree Rakell is worth a 1st and a prospect at full price
grant is a decent piece but value is prob a 4th

So now you have to add the fact that the ducks are taking 3.8 mil in cap space over 2 years and what the value on that. Guess we will see tho, a lot depends on how many teams are interested in Rakell.

I think if leafs avoid robertson or amirov in the trade there’s prob another piece on top of the guys you listed

He can't fit without heavy retention , so no we don't agree . I'm not sure who the prospect would be but I'm very confident it wouldn't be one of the top 4 ( Robertson, Sandin, Amirov or Liljegren). I suppose after that most others could enter the discussion. Neimala and Hirvonen are the next guys up on my personal list. Miettinen is also a pretty interesting prospect in many circles. Maybe there is a fit , maybe there isn't.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He can't fit without heavy retention , so no we don't agree . I'm not sure who the prospect would be but I'm very confident it wouldn't be one of the top 4 ( Robertson, Sandin, Amirov or Liljegren). I suppose after that most others could enter the discussion. Neimala and Hirvonen are the next guys up on my personal list. Miettinen is also a pretty interesting prospect in many circles. Maybe there is a fit , maybe there isn't.
Guess we’ll see... but I assume oilers bruins avs and number of other contenders will likely be bidding on him.... kinda depends how our scouts see neimala hirvonen.

and I meant we agree he is worth 1st and prospect in general, not to the leafs specifically and the prospect value is debatable. The retention has to be part of leaf trade cause they don’t have cap space and they really don’t have any players they could send back cap wise to make it work

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
stats are good and useful but people generally use them wrong to up a player value or down a player value to their demands on the trade boards

Hes looked better than the numbers indicate , however if hes being sold as a top 6 guy production is a pretty important consideration.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Hes looked better than the numbers indicate , however if hes being sold as a top 6 guy production is a pretty important consideration.

sure and if your scouts didn’t think he’d produce at a top 6 level on your roster you wouldn’t be interested in him in the first place

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad