Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 3-0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
The good: Our forwards and complimentary defensemen that can move the puck, Andersen was solid.
The bad: Spezza and the PK
The ugly: Montreal

Reactions: IPS

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I think we all gotta decide as a board to shut up about contracts, about overpayments, about who did what.

This is gonna be a season to remember.

It might be the whiskey talkin, but I don’t think that’s worth missin over some bullshit that doesn’t affect the team we have right now

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
I'm stuck between liking Kapanen as a player and hating that he has zero chemistry with our top-6 centers.

The best thing might be to deal him and put that cap space towards re-signing a defensemen.
100% agree

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
I think we all gotta decide as a board to shut up about contracts, about overpayments, about who did what.

This is gonna be a season to remember.

It might be the whiskey talkin, but I don’t think that’s worth missin over some bull**** that doesn’t affect the team we have right now
Hell yeah... people are so down after last season, but I look at this roster and there's no reason we can't be in the race for the president's trophy and a cup

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Yeah well it definitely will but with the tools Kerfoot and Mikheyev potentially bring having a Kappy-type on that line might be best for all of them. Kappy's lack of vision really hurts him on the top two lines. His shot is also meh. He has great speed and is defensively responsible. A good weapon to have on a 3rd line.
Your Kappy description fits hyman as well...but even less offensive skill.Hyman would be an ideal 3rd/4th liner.Mikeyev is obviously better as well than Hyman.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
THe Goat should stay tethered with Spezza for now. It's working. Gauthier has been looking like a modest offensive threat this entire preseason and I think Spezza is a big reason for it.
The only thing offensive about Gauthier is that he was a first round pick! Gotta be someone better available...nice lad though!

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
A lot of people have their minds made up about Spezza.
Can't play him with players who don't have much offensive instincts and expect him to shine...he has skill and knowledge to add ,but gotta get him someone decent to play with.Not a traditional 4th liner type...maybe he doesn't last.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
A lot of people have their minds made up about Spezza.

He’s a cheap vet who wanted to come home who can help out the secondary power play unit and PK if needed. We’re getting at the very least the value of his contract.

It astounds me people want to criticize that move. We’re going to need cheap cost effective filler every season to stay at this level.

NightTrain1

Oct 20, 2013
Spezza was good, im not sure what the dislike was. He was fore-checking hard and taking the battles to the boards. Made some smart plays and meshed well with his line. His role on this team is exactly what he did tonight and im glad we have him. It honestly gives me assurance of the 4th lines ability this season and he also instantly becomes our best faceoff man.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
why do the leafs want to trade Hyman he has done no wrong since being a leaf???? gives his heart and soul to this organization, I will be happy when he is back on his line
Not questioning his effort...just his lack of talent...not a top 6 guy! another option for Marner to pass to would be nice.

Reactions: ToMaLe

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
Man, the Hab fans HATE Drouin lmao

Can’t believe they gave up Sergachev for him hahah
What I find to be truly baffling and rather ironic is that they're all pining for a Laine trade. They both leave you wanting so much more.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Not questioning his effort...just his lack of talent...not a top 6 guy! another option for Marner to pass to would be nice.

Hyman makes his line better. It’s not an accident that his line mates always seem to put up good seasons. He does the dirty work and allows the skilled guys to play a little easier.

Reactions: rubous
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad