Confirmed Trade: [TBL/NSH] Ryan McDonagh and 2024 4th round pick for 2025 2nd and 2024 7th round picks

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Okay, but the question is, does he have that gas next season?
Tampa takes a huge gamble. Also gave up 2nd rounder while doing so.
And got a 4th back while massively improving their blueline for the next season or two. It was a good trade for what both teams were looking to accomplish it would seem.

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
Okay, but the question is, does he have that gas next season?
Tampa takes a huge gamble. Also gave up 2nd rounder while doing so.
Trading a second and getting a fourth back is a big gamble? f*** outta here, lol.

Any Tampa fan that watched him play in the playoffs is THRILLED right now. Nobody has to convince you and only you whether or not he still has gas left. He will easily be the second best d-man on the defensive side of things for Tampa. That doesn't change because he's 2 years older since suiting up for the team.

For the low low price of moving a second next year, getting a fourth this year, which is effectively moving down two rounds inbetween draft years, and throwing in a 7th round pick. Cap wise? Sure, they're heavy on cap now. Can't afford Stamkos because of this move? Are you naive? The same people thought Kucherov couldn't resign. Stammer will sign to a good deal and people will be pissed off and mystified. It's the same song and dance every year. The only peculiar thing is that there are always people that think this year's different... the cap will finally catch up to those no good Tampa cheaters! >: )

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
What would the Sharks need to add to the 14th overall pick to acquire Cernak? You can have Rutta back too if you want.
Cernak does NOT have anywhere near that kind of val-- yeah, I think that would just about cover it. Tampa would only just accept such an offer. They'd be super reluctant to let Cerny go.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I don't think anyone would take him unless TB keep a portion of his salary.

He's a 40 pts player playing with really good players in TB top6, he's overpaid.
Lol if you think Cirelli would involve retention. Clueless of the player.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Why is everyone so willing to see Sergachev go as he is arguably their best Dman going into next season if healthy?

Then again maybe the assets coming back and the ability to resign Stamkos is worth it?
Sergachev is not going anywhere. Not sure why he keeps saying it. If it's anyone is Cirelli

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
It's a good pickup by TB, but that leaves them with a little over $5m to resign Stamkos & one more depth forward, which can come in at minimum wage. Still that leaves just over $4m for Stamkos.

Someone else going out of TB?
That brings them to a 20-man roster, which is a tough road to follow for a full season.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Was confused about why Nashville was trading out a top 4 d after making the playoffs. Thought they were done trading out impact veterans after all the guys they traded last year but hearing Trotz say Mcdonagh requested the trade makes it make way more sense. Egg man does a good job explaining it:

How do I embed a video on here and not just the link?

Reactions: llamateizer

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
That IS a strange way to show Steve Stamkos he's a priority...
According to McD he called Stamkos who just got off the ice practicing with Kucherov. I assume this was part of a package to keep Stamkos and let him go out trying to win a cup with the boys one last or two last times. Too bad we couldn't off load Sheary, Jeannot, or Perbix in this deal to create more cap space.
I assume this is JBB's offseason motto
1716376183463.png

Reactions: LTIR Trickery

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Exactly why would it matter to any of the playoff teams?
Because it didn't, nor would it have ever, involved anyone but Tampa and Nashville in any form or fashion. This isn't a case where Nashville was trying to sell McDonagh off, this was nothing more than a courtesy call for a player to be able to move back home.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
I don't really get this for Tampa tbh. Now they have like 23mil tied into LHD between Hedman, Sergachev, and McDonagh with 18 players signed and only around 5mil in cap space. Like unless Stamkos is taking an extreme hometown discount at something like 4mil, they'll have to move out a decent sized contract just to fill out the rest of the roster.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
is 35 year old McDonagh considered as improvement? time will tell
You haven't watched Sergachev and Perbix. Or Sergachev and Raddysh. Or Sergachev and Lilleberg. Or Sergachev and DeHann. Or Sergachev and Fleury. Or Sergachev and Bogosian. Or Sergachev and Foote. And it isn't even like "Mistakes are made all the time. It could work, they just need time" and instead it is "Holy shit burn it with fire and NEVER do that again" In other words, our guy who was supposed to replace McDonagh is only good with is Cernak. It is a FANTASTIC pairing but guess what? Cernak is always hurt

I haven't been able to calm down since yesterday

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Lol if you think Cirelli would involve retention. Clueless of the player.
If you say so.... He's still a 40 pts player playing over 18 min per night with guys like Stamkos on his wing. He's not a 6M+ player imo but I guess you value his defense very highly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad