Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 3-0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Pleased with last night's win. The elite guys are showing more of their creativity (fancy dekes/moves) and noticing a slightly different look with our PP.

m1ker

Apr 11, 2014
Pleased with last night's win. The elite guys are showing more of their creativity (fancy dekes/moves) and noticing a slightly different look with our PP.
yeah man, Matthews looks like hes hitting 50 easily this year
Marner is dekeing the pants off people just by looking into their eyes

It should be really fun this year

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
If he was some unknown 20 year old lanky kid, everyone would be raving about his reach, hands and skating.

I think it's you who's unable to filter out the player Spezza used to be and is elevating the try-hard who is here to push the young-in's with upside to be their best, provide depth for the season and stabilize the Marlies.

Reach sure, he's tall.

His hands have been non existent this preseason.

Nobody, and I mean nobody has ever raved about Spezzas skating, it's always been an issue and time/age has only highlighted this fact. So not sure what you're driving at there.

Bigmarycombo

Jul 15, 2017
That wont happen and you know it. When Marner falters in a game, you know damned well that the usual ankle biters will take as many opportunities to slam him and his contract. As things settle down, it will be fun reviewing some of the juicier player predictions around here. Seems to be an annual tradition to laugh at the Marner haters. Until then, lets enjoy Tavares carrying him and his confounded puck luck.

Especially the ones who stated according to the Stats he is in for a year where he will have a lot fewer points.

He was the best player on the ice last night

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Especially the ones who stated according to the Stats he is in for a year where he will have a lot fewer points.

He was the best player on the ice last night
If he is successful in his new position on the PP, and I think he will be, he will produce another 10 points. Even strength, he doesnt have to learn how Tavares plays for the first couple of months so they should pretty well explode off the start.

Reactions: Once and al secord

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
If he is successful in his new position on the PP, and I think he will be, he will produce another 10 points. Even strength, he doesnt have to learn how Tavares plays for the first couple of months so they should pretty well explode off the start.
you mean like last year? I don't think there was a big learning curve like you're implying

Once

Jul 16, 2010
I think we’re gonna see 100+points from marner. I bet Matthews produces more than 40 goals too. No injuries please.

Reactions: ACC1224

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

Both Matthews and Marner will be 100 point players. I don't care who is better. Both are great. Stop putting them against each other (this is a just a general comment, not direct at you).

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
You're going to have three players over 100 points on this team, has that ever happened before?

Matthews, Marner and I think Tavares really could he looks quicker this year.

At least 90+ points for everyone.

Reactions: ACC1224

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
he sure was a top 6 guy on back to back 100 point seasons looks good in my books
Seriously? You're attributing the Leafs 100 point season to Hyman?Get real. You can't think of anyone else better to put on a top line? Look at the top Boston line for example...now swap Pasternak for Hyman...whadya think? Better or worse.

My point is that Babs philosophy of having a no talent grinder try and gel with 2 allstars is plainly wrong.Sure ,anyone can get points with Marner and JT...but how many missed opportunities are there?

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Hyman makes his line better. It’s not an accident that his line mates always seem to put up good seasons. He does the dirty work and allows the skilled guys to play a little easier.
There wouldn't be much 'dirty work' if he knew what he was doing...Any other top 6 winger in the league and likely half the other wingers would be better than Hyman...No team would trade the Leafs straight up for any of their top 6 wingers...and I don't blame them.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Seriously? You're attributing the Leafs 100 point season to Hyman?Get real. You can't think of anyone else better to put on a top line? Look at the top Boston line for example...now swap Pasternak for Hyman...whadya think? Better or worse.

My point is that Babs philosophy of having a no talent grinder try and gel with 2 allstars is plainly wrong.Sure ,anyone can get points with Marner and JT...but how many missed opportunities are there?

It's really time to get over this thinking that Hyman doesn't have talent. he was 4th among forwards in goals, produced top 6 ES points on the team. He has improved his numbers every single year. Add to this he has an exceptional cap hit for his production.

Reactions: rubous and kb

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden

Marner remind me of the lockout year when some of the best players in the world went to play in Europe. Absolutely toying with players that have no business being on the same ice. Except in this case, it's the best league in the world.

That video is also a good example of what Marner does so well that Nylander should do more. Cut into the middle and challenge the defenders 4-way mobility, if there's space for it.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
What's with the roster for tomorrow? Sandin is on it? Trying to think for the leafs last D pair if there is anyone that isn't playing..cant think of anyone

Also Korshkov isn't playing did he get sent down or does that mean he won his spot over Tima? I think it make sense to start that way so Mikheyev has a fellow Russian to help him adjust.

54thecup

keep on rockin the free world!
Aug 3, 2017
Muskoka
What's with the roster for tomorrow? Sandin is on it? Trying to think for the leafs last D pair if there is anyone that isn't playing..cant think of anyone

Also Korshkov isn't playing did he get sent down or does that mean he won his spot over Tima? I think it make sense to start that way so Mikheyev has a fellow Russian to help him adjust.

I suspect they are giving Sandin and Marincin some tuff minutes for a final test.

Most of the forwards competing for the last spot are playing. Agostino, Timo, Petan and Aberg for a last look.

I'm interested to see who Korshkov plays with Saturday, I expect he'll get a shot.

Mickey - Kerfoot Korshkov or

Moore - Spezza - Korshkov

would be interesting to see.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
I suspect they are giving Sandin and Marincin some tuff minutes for a final test.

Most of the forwards competing for the last spot are playing. Agostino, Timo, Petan and Aberg for a last look.

I'm interested to see who Korshkov plays with Saturday, I expect he'll get a shot.

Mickey - Kerfoot Korshkov or

Moore - Spezza - Korshkov

would be interesting to see.

Only issue with the Mickey Ker Korsh is the 2 wingers are slow esp in comparison to Kerfoot. I think Moore ends up on the 3rd line BUT Gauthier has looked too good, so if Spezza makes it (which he will) then Korsh is probably out. Remember too when Hyman is back the plan now is for Kap to go with Kerfoot which makes a lot of sense then add Moore that line has blazing speed, Moores tenacity, and Kerfoots passing.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Marner remind me of the lockout year when some of the best players in the world went to play in Europe. Absolutely toying with players that have no business being on the same ice. Except in this case, it's the best league in the world.

That video is also a good example of what Marner does so well that Nylander should do more. Cut into the middle and challenge the defenders 4-way mobility, if there's space for it.
Nylander had the edges and the stickwork. Mystery to me why he doesn't do stuff like this. Its as though he is playing by formula and is afraid to find his own identity through his own creativity. I dont know who his off team trainers are but maybe a guy like Darryl Belfry could show him the possibilities.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!

well my point being was that Hyman was in the top 6 on back to back 100 point seasons nothing wrong with him on that line, you clearly do not see the value of having a Hyman on that line, too blind to see I suppose....

54thecup

keep on rockin the free world!
Aug 3, 2017
Muskoka
Only issue with the Mickey Ker Korsh is the 2 wingers are slow esp in comparison to Kerfoot. I think Moore ends up on the 3rd line BUT Gauthier has looked too good, so if Spezza makes it (which he will) then Korsh is probably out. Remember too when Hyman is back the plan now is for Kap to go with Kerfoot which makes a lot of sense then add Moore that line has blazing speed, Moores tenacity, and Kerfoots passing.

I think Mickey's speed is fine but ur right, we don't know where Korshkov fits but it would be interesting to see.

No doubt I have Moore >> Korshkov, but I have Moore over Kappy too!

If we played Goat - Spezza - Korshkov that is an intriguing line! It would be a interesting contrast to one with a puck hound for sure!

The90

Feb 27, 2017
It's like Bizarro World when I read criticism of Spezza's performance. I think he looks really good for a 4th liner making league minimum. What more do you want? Probably the best Leafs' 4th liner since Boyd Devereaux on that night in April 2009.
People expect every line to be full of stars. If his line plays solid at both ends and doesn’t get scored on, that’s a win

Reactions: illusory and kb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad