Speculation: Leafs Trade Deadline Prediction

By Trade Deadline the Leafs will:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BudsOne

Jan 17, 2019
This is what I don't understand about Babcock. Why one of the supposed greatest coaches in the game cannot or will not make changes to bring the shots against down. It's his system more than it is the personnel
The games has passed Babcock by and his ego prevents him from accepting change

BudsOne

Jan 17, 2019
The team for the first tine in ages has 4 top 4 guys (two of which are top pairing quality) and Hainsey and Zaitsev are above average for bottom pairing guys.

Folks who scream about the Leafs D aren’t paying attention two whose actually on other teams lineups, they just presume the Leafs guys are all terrible
You do you realize you just added Gardiner as a top 4 d man.... You just lost all creditbility so you know

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
I think it's going to be an exchange of minor leaguers.

OUT: rosen or borgman
IN : ?
Trade away the kids, to heck with them! Let them have their stupid Stanley Cup Parade not in Toronto but in some other city

Win now! Need to make trades! We have too much skill and need to re-balance so that we are not stuck with this cursed youthful hockey wizardry at low cost in the salary cap era, All this skill? Toss it in the bin!

We are Leafs Nation, and we are smart, not stupid, like everyone else thinks, and that is why we know we need to trade Nylander, Kappanen and Johnsson, ASAP for some penalty minutes! Our brains, such a pity!

Dubas has it all wrong, plainly, we we need to win now and we are not going to win now unless we totally remake the character of the team and get a team that knows how to fight, because that is the way hockey is played today, and we know this because of our unique insight, and come on now, do you really think the NHL would try to grow the game through improving the product and have it appeal to more people and reduce future liability from Post Concussion Syndrome? You really think that Bettman and his merry band of Rhodes Scholar geniuses are smart enough to think it through? What are they going to do, make fighting some kind of sin?

It wasn't the way I wanted it! I can handle things. I'm not dumb Christ, not like everyone says. I'm smart; and I want respect.
http://www.sellingyourscreenplay.com/wp-content/uploads/screenplay/scripts/The-Godfather-Part-2.pdf

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Trade away the kids, to heck with them! Let them have their stupid Stanley Cup Parade not in Toronto but in some other city

Win now! Need to make trades! We have too much skill and need to re-balance so that we are not stuck with this cursed youthful hockey wizardry at low cost in the salary cap era, All this skill? Toss it in the bin!

We are Leafs Nation, and we are smart, not stupid, like everyone else thinks, and that is why we know we need to trade Nylander, Kappanen and Johnsson, ASAP for some penalty minutes! Our brains, such a pity!

Dubas has it all wrong, plainly, we we need to win now and we are not going to win now unless we totally remake the character of the team and get a team that knows how to fight, because that is the way hockey is played today, and we know this because of our unique insight, and come on now, do you really think the NHL would try to grow the game through improving the product and have it appeal to more people and reduce future liability from Post Concussion Syndrome? You really think that Bettman and his merry band of Rhodes Scholar geniuses are smart enough to think it through? What are they going to do, make fighting some kind of sin?

http://www.sellingyourscreenplay.com/wp-content/uploads/screenplay/scripts/The-Godfather-Part-2.pdf

Isn't this your tenth such sarcastic rant? Turn the page.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
To NYR:
Bracco
2nd 2020
Ozhiganov
Conditional Pick(5th to make playoffs, 4th past R1, 3rd past R2, 2nd past R3, 1st win the cup)

To TOR:
Hayes
McQuaid

Hayes-Matthews-Kapanen
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Johnsson-Kadri-Nylander
Marleau-Gauthier/Lindholm-Brown
Gauthier/Lindholm

Rielly-Hainsey
Muzzin-Zaitsev
Dermott-Gardiner
McQuaid, Holl

Edit: In hindsite, we may not have the cap to do this type of move this season.

Pay more assets and deal Zaits instead. If they don't have faith in him as a top 4 they probably don't want to let him slide into a NTC this summer. Its too bad the deal wasn't front loaded where they are trying to trade more cap than money. Cap space is worth more to them than picks right now. I can't speculate as to what the sweetener would have to be but if it isn't another roster player, you just do it.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Babcock said something I thought was REALLY interesting at today's morning presser after today's morning skate.

Reporter: TDL Monday you made the Muzzin deal a few weeks ago, if you make no deals how do you feel about this roster.

Babcock: Well we will talk about it Monday ... ( bunch of stuff, he then said) ....... we got Muz, we have a couple of players who are not available to us, we got a couple in the minors we think are ready to be on this team, they have been there long enough.

Maybe I'm reading too much into his statement but I think that means Rosen and Moore are on their way up, which would mean subtraction from the pro roster to make room for them.

It seems sort of definitive. Why would he say that if they were planning to promote them next year? Also, doesn't the underline imply he is expecting a move?

Reactions: CelticDruid

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Maybe some depth on the D or on the wing. Nothing significant, but it could make a difference.

In the end, the Leafs were wise to get Muzzin when they did, prices went up and teams started to make a push for playoffs so there's little out there and the prices will be steep.

As it were, this team will live or die by it's best players. They need to get it done when the heat is on.

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
So what if we don’t win the Stanley cup this year?
The trade not made may be the best move
Getting rid of kids has never worked before and that is my fear
Have faith in Dubas and the scouting staff they have nothing to prove

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
This is what some of arguments here remind me of:

29855abd077559762d3ad78805a3a77b.gif

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Gardiner is a top four D man by any metric you’d like to use.

Be it production, possession, usage, ect. There is literally not a single valid argument that can be made to suggest he isn’t one.

He is a fantastic Defender. I love the guy but that doesn't mean it's not a good time to part ways. The way this season has gone and the way TB is looking... Jake has also been extremely poor since the boo-gate.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013

Be it production, possession, usage, ect. There is literally not a single valid argument that can be made to suggest he isn’t one.

The eye test my friend.

Look at the same constant bone headed, brain dead mistakes he makes over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. The fact that he is 1 of the softest players in the league.

There’s your argument right there.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
In what world is Jake Gardiner a top four guy?

This isn’t a Tuesday night beer league we’re talking about here. This is the NHL.

Rumours that Leafs wanted to trade Jake after a couple of years in, pissed me off because it would have been a typical thing for the Leafs to do. Now, I am numb thinking they will let him walk for nothing.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site

Except that he turns over the puck on his own half of the ice almost every game leading to dangerous scoring chances for the other team. He can log minutes with his great skating but his low hockey IQ and physical strength will always be a hindrance.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
It seems sort of definitive. Why would he say that if they were planning to promote them next year? Also, doesn't the underline imply he is expecting a move?

Not sure you can take it any other way, we've heard that any move means money in , money out so that with Babcocks comments tells me they are trying to move roster players.

Top of my list is Kreider, Dzingle and if no moves are made i,d like to see Kadri on Tavares wing. Kadri is good enough to be on the 2nd line. Let Willie cut his teeth on the third line center.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
He is a fantastic Defender. I love the guy but that doesn't mean it's not a good time to part ways. The way this season has gone and the way TB is looking... Jake has also been extremely poor since the boo-gate.

He's a crappy defender but a very good hockey player. If he could figure out his brain cramps he would be an elite defender.

Reactions: Al14

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Rumours that Leafs wanted to trade Jake after a couple of years in, pissed me off because it would have been a typical thing for the Leafs to do. Now, I am numb thinking they will let him walk for nothing.

I'm of the same mindset, I hate own rentals, horrible way to manager your assets. I get that sometimes you do that to insulate your younger players but at the same time I would have loved to see a 1st + + coming our way for JVR. I'm always of the mindset you don't give up something for nothing. Jake is worth at least a 1st rounder, to think we pissed away 3 first rounders (Jake, JVR, Muzzin) in 2 years is poor asset management. I get that Muz is still here but he will be due for a raise in 1 year and I wonder if we can afford him

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
"Do minor tweak", not plural.

I can still see them adding a depth forward or defencemen for a mid-round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad