Speculation: Leafs Trade Deadline Prediction

By Trade Deadline the Leafs will:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I think there is trade potentially with Carolina.

Ferland and a Right Handed D man ( Hamilton or Pesce)

Gonna cost Toronto though Kapinen is the starting point. If they can convince Carolina to take Zaitsev that would be bonus but most likely Kapinen and one of their Higher touted prospects ...
In the end the leafs can not afford to sign Marner and give raises to both Johnsson and Kapinen down fall to putting 40% of yur payroll on 4 players or so.

I think it works pretty decent for both.

A:
Johnsson + Gardiner
For
Ferland + Faulk

B:
Kapanen + Gardiner
For
Ferland + Pesce

Ferland - Matthews - Nylander

Rielly - Faulk /Pesce
Muzzin - Z
Dermott- Hainsey

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Kapenen only gets moved IF that meeting yesterday proved to Kyle that they cannot resign him in the off season or prior. Basically what Bobby Mac said on his Bob Cast yesterday. If there is a scenario where his agent says it has to be this $ and this term, not interested in a bridge for example. Well maybe then it makes sense to move him, ditto with Johnsson.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
To NYR:
Bracco
2nd 2020
Ozhiganov
Conditional Pick(5th to make playoffs, 4th past R1, 3rd past R2, 2nd past R3, 1st win the cup)

To TOR:
Hayes
McQuaid

Hayes-Matthews-Kapanen
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Johnsson-Kadri-Nylander
Marleau-Gauthier/Lindholm-Brown
Gauthier/Lindholm

Rielly-Hainsey
Muzzin-Zaitsev
Dermott-Gardiner
McQuaid, Holl

Edit: In hindsite, we may not have the cap to do this type of move this season.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
It would be nice to move Zaitsev before the deadline. It would relieve a lot of pressure going into the summer in relation to next years cap crunch. Having to move Brown and Marleau in the off-season should be easy, Zaitsev is the hard sell. They could land a small fish like Lovejoy or McQuaid to get them through the year and not lose too much.

Replacing Lindholm on line #4 with a cheap, gritty depth forward like Kassian, Clifford, Glendening, C.Wilson or Maroon would enhance our chances as well.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
I still think they should snatch DSP for cheap. Gotta be better than Lindholm on the wing.

Steveei

Sep 10, 2012
Kinda want Erik Gustafsson from Chicago, I think he'd be a great Gardiner replacement for next season on a low caphit (1.2M). He's also been playing the right side on Chicago. I'm down for Colin Miller aswell.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Leafs - Hurricanes
Kasperi Kapanen for Brett Pesce

Leafs - Rangers
Timothy Liljigren, Connor Brown, 3rd 2020 for Chris Kreider

Kreider - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - - Tavares - - Marner
Marleau - - Kadri - - Johnsson
Marchement - - Goat - - Ennis

Rielly - - - - - Pesce
Gardiner - Muzzin
Dermott - ______
Hainsey/Zaitsev compete for 3rd Pair duties

BudsOne

Jan 17, 2019
at 8th overall in goals against, maybe the endless criticism of Leafs D is unjust?
I look some what at the stat of shots against not necessary goals against. Andersen is 6th in shots against at 1420 in 43 games every goalie abive him in the top 5 all have at least 4 more games played than him... Good defence block shots take away shots etc the leafs d core simply do not do this which I think the knock on their d is more than just

kfox

Dec 23, 2011
I look some what at the stat of shots against not necessary goals against. Andersen is 6th in shots against at 1420 in 43 games every goalie abive him in the top 5 all have at least 4 more games played than him... Good defence block shots take away shots etc the leafs d core simply do not do this which I think the knock on their d is more than just
This is what I don't understand about Babcock. Why one of the supposed greatest coaches in the game cannot or will not make changes to bring the shots against down. It's his system more than it is the personnel

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
at 8th overall in goals against, maybe the endless criticism of Leafs D is unjust?

The team for the first tine in ages has 4 top 4 guys (two of which are top pairing quality) and Hainsey and Zaitsev are above average for bottom pairing guys.

Folks who scream about the Leafs D aren’t paying attention two whose actually on other teams lineups, they just presume the Leafs guys are all terrible

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Leafs - Hurricanes
Kasperi Kapanen for Brett Pesce

Leafs - Rangers
Timothy Liljigren, Connor Brown, 3rd 2020 for Chris Kreider

Kreider - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - - Tavares - - Marner
Marleau - - Kadri - - Johnsson
Marchement - - Goat - - Ennis

Rielly - - - - - Pesce
Gardiner - Muzzin
Dermott - ______
Hainsey/Zaitsev compete for 3rd Pair duties
Kreider and Pesce count me in. :)

Reactions: Myopic

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
folks like to point to Freddy for that.i see them get hemmed in,I see them not taking the body,etc,but I agree ,over all they aren't that bad. Coals against isn't just a Goalie stat.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Babcock said something I thought was REALLY interesting at today's morning presser after today's morning skate.

Reporter: TDL Monday you made the Muzzin deal a few weeks ago, if you make no deals how do you feel about this roster.

Babcock: Well we will talk about it Monday ... ( bunch of stuff, he then said) ....... we got Muz, we have a couple of players who are not available to us, we got a couple in the minors we think are ready to be on this team, they have been there long enough.

Maybe I'm reading too much into his statement but I think that means Rosen and Moore are on their way up, which would mean subtraction from the pro roster to make room for them.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
This tweet was almost immediately removed earlier this afternoon. Anyone else catch it?
52020870_646919392391897_5061876712208334848_n.png

Pesce has Koodo? He is an American citizen (born in NY) playing in the deep south but uses a Canadian mobile phone carrier?

Hmmmmmmm..... something about this screenshot smells like my hockey gloves.

Reactions: Menzinger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad