Speculation: Leafs Trade Deadline Prediction

By Trade Deadline the Leafs will:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
I see the Montour trade (from leafs) as 2nd + Liljgren

I stand by Leafs probably have the bare bones of an agreement in place with the Canes, Vegas and maybe Anaheim for a D upgrade. The holdup is we are looking for a place to dump cap, because our guys know its irresponsible to make a big trade with cap implications without knowing if they can dump Zaitsev, Marleau and/or Brown.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
LEAFS - DUCKS
Kasperi Kapanen, Justin Holl
for
Josh Manson

LEAFS - RANGERS
Timothy Liljigren, Connor Brown, 2020 3rd
for
Chris Kreider

LEAFS - OILERS
Nikita Zaitsev, Dymtro Tymashov
for
Zack Kassian

KREIDER - MATTHEWS - NYLANDER
HYMAN - - - TAVARES - - - MARNER
MARLEAU - - - KADRI - - - JOHNSSON
ENNIS - - - GAUTHIER - - - KASSIAN

RIELLY - - MANSON
MUZZIN - GARDINER
DERMOTT - HAINSEY

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
What about giveaways, or hanging out your goalie or fellow dman or joining the rush with out explantion where are those metrics
This is a stupid discussion. If he isnt a top 4, how much do you think another team will pay him next year? Let's see the bold prediction of a contract range for a non top 4 dman.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
the higher the corsi the better right? If so why we trading for 45% Manson when we have 48+% Zeitsev whos already the whipping boy to the Leafs fan base? And giving up Kapanen?

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I'd give up Liljegren and a 1st for Montour .

proven NHL RHS D man > Prospect , Liljegren looks like nice don't get me wrong but prospects are not 100% Montour fits the club right now . We are competing for a cup right now.
I would have Did Liljegren + a 1st and even another B prospect but i understand why we didn't at the same time.

I'm just high on montur and have been
You are high alright

kfox

Dec 23, 2011
I generally agree with what you're saying... but, if Carolina said Pesce for Liljegren straight up, would you do it?

what's the point of trading Pesce , a proven top 4 D with term, for a maybe D in Liljigren?
If Carolina moves a D it's going to be for scoring up front

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
Got a feeling Dubas is gonna make a big splash tmrw.
For a top 4 D.
He's been scouting the Canes all season long.

Bruins are also desperate to add a top 6 forward.
Made a big push for Nyquist but fell short.
If Bruins do make a move, it pretty much assures Dubas will make a counter move.

kfox

Dec 23, 2011
I'd bet CAR is:
a) first trying to move Faulk, TOR has no interest
b) asking for Kap + or Johnnson + for Pesce and Dubas is saying no

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
I don't know what to think anymore. The Star had an article saying apparently what we have our management is mostly satisfied with. Therefore predicted for us to be quiet. But makes no sense when the Leafs have almost over scouted the Canes, and more recently scouted NYR a lot.

Montours price tag was way lower than I thought. But there are a lot of problems that may stop us from making a big trade. Our less then 5mill available cap, Horton and Zaitsev contracts..and apparently Dubas doesn't want to give up a roster guy.

Part of me thinks hes going to go for it and make a big deal..part of me thinks we may get say Mcquaid and little things. I like our team as it stands I think we just need a bit more grit, but grit with a decent skill set. Mcquaid is kind of that guy..and cheap. Hayes would be a good fit but both have pretty high hits. Look for a move where we shed cap first, if not then it'll be a small fish trade(s)

kfox

Dec 23, 2011
not happy Montour is in our division now. Sabres hoping he'll help fix a crappy pp

Last edited:

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
I'd bet CAR is:
a) first trying to move Faulk, TOR has no interest
b) asking for Kap + or Johnnson + for Pesce and Dubas is saying no

If montour got that return Pesce while more term I don't think is worth it to lose either of those guys. Especially lately they are helping the elite guys, and winning us games. Its be a mistake to move them unless the convo with the players agent went not as planned..making one expendable if we know we can't sign them

kfox

Dec 23, 2011
If montour got that return Pesce while more term I don't think is worth it to lose either of those guys. Especially lately they are helping the elite guys, and winning us games. Its be a mistake to move them unless the convo with the players agent went not as planned..making one expendable if we know we can't sign them

Yes, I hope Dubas doesn't trade either, at least not yet---their value will only rise from here

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Yes, I hope Dubas doesn't trade either, at least not yet---their value will only rise from here

Well if he knows he can't sign one of them it does make sense. But that's the only way. He met with both their agents to get clarity so if both stay I'll assume we can sign both no problem. If one gets traded...before everyone goes nuts calling for Dubas' head ..the ONLY reason would be he found out in one of those meetings the expectations of term and or $ were not a fit and dubas can't afford to let either miss anytime next yr like William..plus he needs to focus on Marner. So ya.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
I'd love a big RHD splash. I'm hoping for a couple minor tweaks. I'm expecting nothing.

The team has been lukewarm since January, but they're extremely talented, so I can understand sticking with this group. They need to start playing with more passion on a regular basis.

Reactions: mikeyz

SteadyFreddie

Jun 11, 2018
I think that Adam McQuaid would be the perfect pickup for the leafs. He would add so much more grit to the lineup

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I think that Adam McQuaid would be the perfect pickup for the leafs. He would add so much more grit to the lineup

He's very slow and doesn't handle the puck very confidently to say the least . Gudas to me is the guy to target if hes made available. Plays w snarl but can be played in nearly every situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad