Speculation: Leafs Trade Deadline Prediction

By Trade Deadline the Leafs will:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kfox

Dec 23, 2011
He's very slow and doesn't handle the puck very confidently to say the least . Gudas to me is the guy to target if hes made available. Plays w snarl but can be played in nearly every situation

Sounds like a perfect fit to be the fans next whipping boy!

kfox

Dec 23, 2011
Gotta think Nashville is looking for scoring and help for last place pp (12.5%) Nylander + Gardiner plus what to get Ekholm?

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
I think that Adam McQuaid would be the perfect pickup for the leafs. He would add so much more grit to the lineup
If the idea is to clutter the bottom pairing with guys that won't move the needle then yes he'd be perfect. Being physical means little when you're terrible at virtually everything else.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
I predict Dubas will be conservative based on his level of NHL GM experience.

He’s been a GM in the OHL and GM in the AHL. He also tutored under Lou Lamoriello for 3 years.

Plus he’s got experience making trades already and seems pretty good at them.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
[TOR/ARZ] 2020 3rd, 2019 4th, B Prospect for Christian Fischer
[TOR/VGK] Connor Brown, Jeremy Bracco, Eemeli Rasanen, 2021 2nd for Colin Miller

Johnsson - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Marleau - Kadri - Kapanen
Ennis - Gauthier - Fischer
Lindholm

Rielly - Miller
Muzzin - Dermott
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Hainsey (one can dream)

Andersen
Sparks

pylon17

Jan 19, 2017
If the idea is to clutter the bottom pairing with guys that won't move the needle then yes he'd be perfect. Being physical means little when you're terrible at virtually everything else.

He’d be an upgrade to our 6th D.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
I predict they will base their decisions today on information that they have that we do not.

Should be fun to listen in. Hopefully no first round picks, top d prospects or roster players go unless we get a huge, controllable RHD return....

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Though not the perfect choice, I'll call a trade with Carolina: Gardiner + small add (Brown?) for Faulk. Has to happen early enough in the day for the Canes to ship Gards for picks/prospects.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I predict the people complaining about Dubas doing nothing so far, will be the same people complaining that he "gave up too much" on Trade deadline day if we got a Hamilton or Pesce level player.

Our most significant trade was Muzzin. It was completed well before the deadline when prices are getting goofy. I doubt we are getting a top pairing right shooting defensemen or anything significant up front. Prepare for stand pat.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
McQuaid is a slower Polak. Is that really what people are craving?

People are craving a move for anyone with a name they have heard of. People get a real case “fear of missing out” when it comes to trade deadline.

You can see it with posts like “dubas better do something it.....” or <insert very average player> for an overpayment by the leafs

Reactions: Nithoniniel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad